“Delicioso!”

Cuisines: Austrian, German, Swiss
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stopped by for a quick appetizer and a glass of wine. Had the gnocchi with truffle oil and paired a Pinot Grigio that wet real well. This only got us wanting to come back for more. We will stop by on our next visit.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

OFF THE SCALE! Most authentic, outstanding German food outside of Germany! We lived in Germany for 3 years. It doesn't get any better than this. Save yourself the airfare.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for delicious dessert and coffee! Will return again. Great and friendly staff - very personable.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We ate here a number of years ago but missed it on our last two visits because we tend to come out of season. We were excited that Alpenrose was open this year. We had lunch on a weekday and my husband and I both left so full that walking back to the car was a challenge. He had the Käsespätzle with German wieners and shared a bit of it with me. It was one of the best dishes either of us has ever had at a restaurant. I had one of the sausage combos (bratwurst and knockwurst) served with sauerkraut and three types of German salads - cucumber, red cabbage and potato. It was as good as any I've ever had. We're not drinkers, but I did notice they have numerous European beers on tap. We were too full to eat dessert, but the pastries in the case were sure tempting. We'll definitely make it a point to eat here again on our next visit.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

My wife and I stopped there on our way back from Glenwood on Mother's Day. I-70 was closed and Alpenrose was the only place we found opened that evening. It was nice to wait out the closure there as the service was great even though they weren't busy then. Wife enjoyed the complimentary Mother's Day champagne, I've sipped on some proper German beer, and the soups we've ordered hit the spot. Make sure to save room for dessert, the eclairs were just like the ones I've had in Germany. To top it off, I've enjoyed a shot with the bartender. Very friendly staff, will have to stop there again next time I'm in Vail.
Glad we've found Alpenrose as it was a pleasant experience and nice use of our time rather than sitting in the car waiting for I-70 to reopen. Especially considering it's outside the ski season and all the other establishments were closed. Thank you!