“All Day”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, View, Groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Exit 173
Transit: The town of Vail and eco bus services.
Description: Established in 2002, The Westside Cafe quickly became a local's favorite. 11 Years later, The Westside Cafe has won numerous awards and accolades for their consistently great food & service. Enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner in a relaxed, olde Colorado themed atmosphere. Great for one or for the entire family, kids are welcome. Consciously priced, amazing value, The Westside Cafe!
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Early or late, you cannot go wrong at Westside Café in West Vail. Good food, friendly service and reasonable prices.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Westside is a great alternative to some of the frou-frou fancy dining spots of Vail. I stopped in for breakfast on Monday morning about 10 a.m. and this place was nearly full. It's popular with locals, food is affordably priced and considering the crowd the kitchen kept on cranking out good food. Yes, it's nothing fancy, nothing bold or wildly imaginative. But what I got was a hearty breakfast (two eggs over bison meatloaf, hash browns and toast) well prepared and tasty. Server Loren was attentive and responded quickly with answers to questions about the food and the Cafe. Oh yes, Westside is just off I-70. with easy access and parking is free. Based on this experience I'll be back next time I'm in the area.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Ate here three times during our trip to vail. The food was excellent and good prices. Staff was friendly and efficient even when busy. My bison burger was what attracted me to the cafe and it was perfect. Had really good fish and chips too. A perfect place to sit on the porch, have a really nice dinner and relax. Will recommend to everyone and hope we can visit again.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Just had frustrating experience at breakfast. Seated quickly then the 45 minute wait for food began. Leanna, our server, was nice enough but lost me at, "I know 5 minutes can feel like a long time when waiting for food." No, 45 minutes feels like 45 minutes. Not sure why but saw others who arrived after us getting food before we were served. Agree with previous review that the food was bland but the excessive wait when it did not appear super busy was the killer for us. Even when we asked for a to go box, we ended up leaving because none was provided in a timely manner. All in all, very disappointing and sad to say, won't be back.

Mike D, Owner at Westside Cafe & Market, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience at the Westside Café. Our reviews good, bad and ugly makes us improve at a faster rate. Our goal is to exceed each of our guests expectations and obviously in your situation we did not. For that you have my sincerest apologies. Our servers are trained to mitigate long waits with muffins, and or cheddar biscuits to ease your hunger. It doesn't seem like this policy was adhered to either and once again you have my apologies. The previous reviewers bland comment, that you referenced, was regarding one dish the Rio Grande skillet. Are your bland comments regarding this dish, as well, or other dishes? Thanks, it will be helpful to attack specifics. I understand your decision to not come back. Warm regards. We hope that you will reconsider. Mike

Reviewed 13 August 2014

There are very few places to have breakfast in Vail, my wife and I went with local friends to this restaurant. They have eaten here before and love it. The restaurant is next to the Holiday Inn by the West Vail exit. The restaurant itself is very nice with an open friendly atmosphere and nice comfortable seating. At 9am on a Sunday morning we had to wait 15 minutes to be seated and when we left I'm sure the wait was over 30 minutes. Our waitress was great and very attentive to our needs. They have a great sense of humor, you need to take time and read the menu for some laughs. They make a house mimosa that was terrific. My friends had the Denver omelet and my wife had the Monkey bread and they liked their breakfast. I had the Rio Grande skillet which inlcudes "spicy chorizo" and I was very disappointed by it. It was very bland. The chorizo was not spicy, and even after loading on the salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce I could not get any flavor from the skillet and finally gave up on it. Maybe I ordered the one thing on the menu they don't do right. If we have breakfast in Vail again I will try it again and order something else to see if it is better. Other than my skillet, this was a very nice breakfast restaurant.

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your experience. Thanks for all the kind words as well. Reviews help us improve at a more rapid rate. In your situation, in particular, it helped me solve a mystery. We carry a second chorizo that is milder for our guests that don't like spice and one of our new line cooks was unaware and was using the mild in all of our applications. My apologies. Thanks again for bringing it to out attention. We look forward to serving you in the future. Warm regards. Mike Dennis