“Pamper yourself; great rooms, service and location; go in off-season to pay more reasonable price”

Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My girlfriend and I had a wonderful stay at the Arrabelle. We stayed there for 5 days in mid April, just a week from the season ending, and got a pretty good rate (especially when compared to high season). The hotel was the best ski resort hotel I've ever stayed at. The rooms were spacious and very well decorated. There's a spa on an outdoor rooftop, overlooking the slopes, which is wonderful to unwind at the end of the day. There are many small service aspects that make you feel in a real luxury resort, including free car service to/from Vail Valley and a valet for your skis right at the end of the slopes. I will definitely try to go back!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dg_lifetravels

Reviewed 24 October 2011

We spent 2 nights at this lovely resort Hotel

The service was excellent, the room was large and very luxurious, the marble bathroom was spacious with plenty of amenities.

We would recommend this hotel as a great way to spend a few days in lovely Vail, even if snow sports are not your thing.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
BryanAustin, General Manager at Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2011

Thank you for sharing your positive comments about your most recent stay with us at The Arrabelle. I'm please to hear your service was excellent and you would recommend our luxury hotel to others who travel to Vail. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Arrabelle on your next visit to Vail, Colorado.

Vice President and General Manager

Reviewed 22 October 2011

The Arrabelle lives up to all the glowing reviews. We have stayed in vail numerous times at various hotels, the Arrabelle is our new favorite. There are several two and three bedroom condo's that we have stayed at that are very nice and we really enjoy the extra space that a condo provides, however, the service, amenities and quality of the Arrabelle make it a wonderful alternative.
The Arrabelle is located at the Lions Head area of Vail, which is just west of the village center, but is an easy and enjoyable walk to the village area. Lions Head area hotels and condo's have been updated and remodeled over the last decade but the building where the Arrabelle is located was torn down and completely rebuilt. It is the nicest and newest property in the area. The building itself is very nice and it is part of a newly remodeled shopping/dining layout. The entry is a stone porta cochere with valet service. The attendants are very attentive and polite without being pretentious. The front desk staff is equally professional and personable. The lobby and public space is very well done with stone, wood and a large gas fireplace. The room is spacious with a king bed, gas fireplace, outdoor deck, built in closets, small desk and a large 5 piece bathroom. All the finishes are very nice with stone throughout the entry and bath area. The linens are luxurious and the mattress was great. I really slept great.
My wife visited the spa and had a wonderful massage and spent several hours lounging in the sauna and relaxation room. We both went up to the rooftop pool and hot tub. The pool is small but there are two hot tubs and that seems to be more interesting anyway. We enjoyed sitting in the hot tub and looking at the beautiful mountian and village view.
It was a wonderful experience. I highly recommend the Arrabelle and we will be back.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mountain_travel

Thank you for sharing your positive comments on about the service and high quality of The Arrabelle during your recent stay with us. We work very hard to exceed all our guests expectations down to the smallest detail. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Arrabelle again on your next visit to Vail.

Vice President and General Manager

Reviewed 13 October 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Arrabelle in July 2011. This resort is fairly new and a bit large, but overall, our experience was excellent. Our room was very spacious, with a gas fireplace, comfortable king-size bed, and plenty of closet space. The bathroom was HUGE, with heated marble floors, jucuzzi tub, glass-enclosed shower, double vanity, and even a flat-screen TV mounted on the wall. My only complaint is that the room didn't have a balcony, which would have been nice during the summer season. The location is a short walk to the new Vail Square, as well as to Vail-proper, both of which have tons of shops and restaurants to choose from. It's a pretty good value for an upscale resort in the summer, but it's much pricier during ski season.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
BryanAustin, General Manager at Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience and feedback on your stay with us at The Arrabelle. I'm please to hear you enjoyed our oversized hotel rooms and amenities that we offer our guests. As a note some of our hotel rooms do have a balcony if you let us know at the time of making your reservations we will do our best to place you in one of these rooms.

Again, thank you for taking the time to sharing your positive comments.

Vice President and Area General Manager

Reviewed 11 October 2011

Having visited the Vail valley for nearly twenty years, I have come to expect a level of quality in the village lodging, although at usually a steep price. The Arrabelle has now surpassed that expectation and raised the bar.

We recently enjoyed an off season Fall stay in the double queen premier room at a riduculously low rate. This room was simply sumptuous both in the square footage and the amenities, which included a fireplace, heated bathroom floors, upgraded lighting, a generous foyer entry, and a TV in the bathroom! The bedding was like silk, and the rooms were extremely quiet. This room had spectacular views of Vail mountain and Lionshead Village from the ample outside patio.

The service was impeccable with great attention to detail. Not only do they offer a "turn down" service, they inquire as to what time of the evening suits you best. Late afternoon brings a knock at your door with fresh ice bags (for drinks or injuries, I wondered).

The lobby decor is beautifully decorated, but remains light and refreshing and not heavy handed as you so often see in ski hotels. The property is warm and intimate, with staff ready to assist in any way, yet not overbearing. I also so appreciate that the Arrabelle is pet friendly, and has joined this growing trend.

I highly recommend the Arrabelle over just about any high end establishment in the Vail valley. I will look forward with zeal to my next "off season" stay there!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade off season
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your very positive comments about the our service and the high qualtiy of our hotel product during your recent stay at The Arrabelle. I truly believe that our staff is our most important asset at The Arrabelle and we work very hard to exceed all our guests expectations. I'm please to hear you love the decor and location of the property. I know you have a lot of choices when staying in Vail and hope you will decide to stay with us again on your next visit. Please feel free to call me if I can be of any assistance with your accomodations in the future. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your very positive comments.

King regards,

Vice President and Area General Manager

Reviewed 14 September 2011

My partner and I stayed at the Arrabelle last night, to celebrate her birthday. It was our second stay at this marvelous hotel; both times, we were able to take advantage of the occasional rate specials that Rock Resorts offers on its properties to secure a great rate on such a world-class hotel. We had booked a superior room, which was upgraded at our check-in to a deluxe room, but really, all the rooms at the Arrabelle are wonderful! Spacious, incredibly comfortable bed, great bathroom, and terrific location in Lionshead Village. The Spa and the Fitness facility are also well-equipped and wonderful. By the way, we were escorted by the front desk person to the elevator to our room, and on the way we were shown the Spa and Fitness entrances (even though we knew where everything was) - typical of the great service at the Arrabelle. To give you an idea of how good the service is - When I made my reservation, I had written a brief request to Rock Resorts for early check-in, mentioning that we were locals, and that it was my partner's birthday. Not only did I get a phone call back to discuss my request, but upon our arrival, we not only had the room upgrade, but in our room was a beautiful card and a plate of chocolate truffles! Now that's world-class service! I can unconditionally recommend the Arrabelle, both in and off season!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I saved up a few free nights to use in Vail. I read so many reviews trying to decide if we should stay at the Arrabelle or the Sonnenalp. We ended up staying at the Arrabelle for 1 night, and the Sonnenalp for 2. I wish we had spent all 3 nights at the Arrabelle. I've dubbed it the 'Disney Land' of Vail; it's seriously so perfect and 'magical'. :)

I love the architecture and ambiance of Vail Square. Inside the Arrabelle is just as nice. The lobby is beautiful, as are the elevators, hallways and rooms. The service was impeccable and our room was top notch. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room all around luxurious. I absolutely loved our stay here. I just wish it was longer!

And for those wondering, the rooms at Sonnenalp don't even compare to the ones at Arrabelle. They are quite outdated and not so luxurious (and we had a suite there).

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Laura R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vail
The Sebastian - Vail
Vail Mountain Lodge
Vail Mountain Lodge
#6 of 30 in Vail
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch

Been to Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort? Share your experiences!