“Pretty amazing place all the way around”

Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Dallas, Texas
“Pretty amazing place all the way around”
Reviewed 17 December 2009

As with any place that is pretty much across the board amazing the couple minor hitches stand out, so I will get those out of the way first. 1- The heat in the condo that we rented was not working properly when we got there and they were not super quick to fix it. 2- The ski valet setup was a little bit of a mess. The part for the actual skis wasn't bad but for the boots there is a little room for everyone to go to and put on their ski boots and especially in the morning it was packed and a mess. I think they are getting the kinks worked out as this is their first season open.

Those are really the only two complaints, every thing else was spotless, from the rooms to the concierge, to the gym, to the ease of using thier wireless internet, to their location in the midst of Lionshead right next to the Gondola. It was all great. There still aren't as many restaurant options in the Lionshead area as in Vail Village but there are a decent amount of good places and you can always walk to 10 minutes over to Vail Village or take the bus that goes over there every 15 minutes.

The most striking two things about the Arrabelle are 1 the location which is perfect and 2 - the decor which is very impressive with a great attention to detail.

I would definitely recommend to anyone to stay there.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank TripFan045

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Denver
Reviewed 15 December 2009

I booked this room with Friends for a weekend get away sponsored by a magazine for a value deal (5280/night/person) during the off season. I have booked thru this deal before and several luxury hotels in Colorado. The Arabelle advertised in the brochure and on the website for this particular deal but booked my friend and I in a room at double the price. When I tried to clarify my bill they refused to help, after speaking to 4 different people, and after 3o minutes on the phone with the manager he tells me the hotel never actually offerreed this deal and that is was spa or dinner specials. The "premier" room they booked us in was quoted to me as premier because of the view. The view we had was of a crane and several construction workers who woke us up at 0700 every morning. The manager refused to acknowledge the false advertising and the was blatently lying to me regarding the deals since the restaurant in the 2/3 empty hotel was not even open and there were no spa specials. The actual structure is beautiful, but the horrific customer service and deception in advertising and abuse in order to book rooms at a higher rate is not worth it. You would think in this economy that customer service would be more important than ever, not at the Arabelle, the dollar is the bottom line without exception!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank NES73
denver
Reviewed 12 December 2009

Ok I am even staying here by myself for a weekend away- not expecting much... at all.
I still have two nights to go, but already I am irritated by the service, and I am a VERY easy going traveller. First there is a difference between good service, and people just "knowing" your name and being cordial. I am never a "picky" traveller, but the luggage was left in the lobby for way too long, and I had dinner last night (a $20 French dip sandwich) delivered to my room that was already soggy....because the dip spilled... uh plastic wrap? Believe me I used to complain about people like my reviews- but now I get it... esp because this room is supposed to cost about $600/night (not including $45 resort fee, and 10% tax and 20% service...which is really only parking, paper, and free internet)- Major joke. You know if the service was good it might be worth it ... like it is at the Sonnenalp.

I am here for two more days- and if no one else came near me service wise I would be just fine... but I could not imaginge bringing a family here and needing something other than a "Hello" and "Have a nice Day". Oh btw if you are travelling with a family, a two BR suit could cost you + thousands/ night (almost 4).

I was very excited to see the Arrabelle, but it is a very Disney type of "resort" if that it is what you are looking for then it is just fine. And my being here for two more days might just irritate me further... really folks go to the Sonnenalp!!! Amazing service, more rustic rooms, and about 1/2 the price. The Sonnenalp has been a Vail standard for years- and though I thought I would give Arrabelle a chance... because I "thought" before that the Sonnenalp was too pricey... but it is no contest. The difference? When I return to the Sonnenalp the staff has been the same, it really is like coming home if you are going to afford yourself the price of such a Luxury hotel...you could book a night on a whim at the Sonnenalp for almost a third of the price...AND it is right in the middle of Vail.
You choose... Hmm?

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
4 Thank karatravels
New Brunswick
Reviewed 15 October 2009

My husband and I got married at the Arrabell last month. The staff at the Arabelle were amazing and attentive. I can't imagine a more beautiful hotel with a wonderful setting. I couldn't possibly say anything negative about the hotel or the hotel staff. They made our wedding a truly wonderful event!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Ithica, NY
Reviewed 4 September 2009

What a gem of a place! My wife and I were looking for a weekend get-away while we were visiting CO for business. We decided on Vail and found The Arrabelle. It is charming, the staff is so friendly, and they make you feel at home. The rooms are amazing, it is true luxury. We thought about staying at the Ritz, but we are so glad we gave The Arrabelle a try. Everything is so clean and well maintained; there were activities in the square when we were there which a nice surprise was. I treated my wife to some spa appointments and she raved about how great it was. The price value was perfect. There was a little construction next to the hotel, but not at the hotel. Really did not bother us and looks like they are almost done anyways. If this is how nice it is in the summer time, can only imagine how great it is in the winter! We will be back!

San Francisco
Reviewed 3 September 2009

We were looking for a relaxing, romantic getaway & wanted to book the nicest resort. When we arrived they had "upgraded" us to a nicer room. The room (as most of their rooms) had a view of the surrounding buildings. There was a huge construction project right outside the window that started at 7:22am. We were never notified that there was a construction project. The spa was basic & completely indoors. The rooftop pool was small & not a place you'd want to spend time. They charge a $35.00 daily resort fee which is supposed to cover tips but I didn't feel comfortable asking people to carry my bags, park my car, without tipping so we paid twice. I'm not sure what it covered but in most hotels the use of their facilities is free. Parking in the Vail public lots is free in the summer. Once the construction started I asked to checkout & was promised a refund for the last two nights. I spent a few hours on the phone with Expedia & working with the front desk. (They were very friendly, helpful & professional). However, It's not how I wanted to spend my three day weekend (which was quite expensive). I never received the credit & will now have to spend another few hours on the phone with Expedia who say they have no records of my phone calls though at the time they told me they would give me a $50 voucher for my next trip. I'm just hoping I don't have to spend a lot of time getting my refund or end up contesting it with my credit card company.

3 Thank FoodWineFunSF
INdianapolis
Reviewed 26 August 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Arrabelle to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and had never been to Vail. We loved Vail and enjoyed the Arrabelle. However the hotel is not up to the standards of the finest hotels, at least in the summer. The hotel staff seemed to be very pleasant and tried to be helpful but some things were overlooked. For example we did not receive turndown service the last night of our three night stay. On another day we ordered room service for the following morning because we were leaving early for a day trip to Aspen. The next morning there was no record of our order and we left without breakfast.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vail
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch
Manor Vail Lodge
Manor Vail Lodge
#5 of 30 in Vail

Been to Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort? Share your experiences!