“Excellent experience, friendly staff, we'll be back”

Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Arlington, Virginia
“Excellent experience, friendly staff, we'll be back”
Reviewed 31 March 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Arrabelle for four nights back in late February and had a great experience – we’ve stayed at other places in Vail before, decided to try the Arrabelle based on other positive reviews here. In short – it was awesome, worth every nickel, we’ll be going back and have begun recommending this place when friends ask about where to stay in Vail. The front desk staff were super friendly and helped us arrange transportation from Denver, as well as our ski rentals and a snowmobiling trip. I used to travel with skis, but have decided it’s not worth the hassle of flying with them. Our three days of skiing were amazing, much of that was thanks to overnight flurries that dropped fresh powder. The Arrabelle ski valet is wonderfully convenient (right @ the base of the mountain in Lionshead) which made the beginning and end of our days stress free.
Our room was perfectly clean, comfortable and had great views. Wife raved about the spa & massage and has been to many. One of the managers at the front desk – a tall thin fellow with a big smile – helped me arrange a few things last minute to make me look like a better planner than I am (snowmobiling, dinner reservations, etc.) – very helpful, thanks!! After a day of skiing, enjoyed a great ahi tuna burger and pint of Fat Tire at the Tavern, was a great casual meal and went back for drinks later. Even crossed paths with the hotel manager, think his name was John, and he made sure we were happy with our stay. Refreshing and encouraging to see upper level management that really care about my visit. Certainly not a cheap option, but looking back on the trip it was well worth it for the great experience – we’ll be back.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 14 March 2010

Stayed in a 3 bedroom residence with Exclusive resorts and all I can say is wow, looks like the pictures, service was outstanding, location was perfect
my only complaint was the toilet paper was a little rough. If I would have asked I'm sure they would have changed it that's how good the service was.

I woke up the first night at 3am with dry mouth, throat and my sinuses were a mess. They brought me up carmex and 4 humidifiers immediately. I had some a great time I wish I could live there. Exclusive resorts is everything you could dream it to be.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 March 2010

Wow... I have been skiing many times before but never stayed at a luxury hotel- usually we rent a nice high end villa/house... but this will be the way we go now.

1. Being right in theVail town in front of main gondola cannot get any better!
2. I have never had ski valet service- basically they store your skis and boots each night and it's all right in front of the gondola! Amazing! Ohh... and the hot apple cider awaiting you was a perfect treat!
3. The hotel has a spa where we went every day just to use the steam room and sauna- so relaxing after a long day of ski! And, you don't need to rush bc it closes at 9pm
4. The Rooms are just impecable.. the beds were the toughest part- or I should say- having to get out of them! Sooooo comfortable!
5. Cookies, Hoto Coco & Teas in the lobby from 3-5pm- Yummy
6. The staff is always willing to please and assist in any way!
7. Roof Top Hot Tub & Pool- with amazing views.

Overall... I hgave nothing bad at all to say! What a gem of a hotel!

RAFFY

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank BellinaRaffy
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 8 March 2010

My wife and I've just left the Arrabelle and we wished a little longer stay. Great location near the ski lifts, restaurants and stores. Despite of not being a ski in and out hotel, they offered a better option: "ski valet", so you don't have to carry any ski gear at all! Every morning you would wear comfortable shoes and your gear would be waiting for you near the lifts.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Arrabelle for our honeymoon and could not have been happier. The hotel was so beautiful, like a winter wonderland decorated for Christmas, and the surrounding area of Lionshead Village was like a postcard. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly and responsive to our needs. When we arrived, we were put in a lovely but smallish room with a not-spectacular view. My husband called the front desk and asked if we might have a room with a better view for our honeymoon - and they gave a bigger room with a spectacular mountain view at no extra charge. The room was fantastic - fireplace, gorgeous bathroom with heated marble and a TV, wonderful fluffy beds. The only drawback in the room was a lack of a minibar and refreshments. The spa was the best spa I have visited - huge and beautiful and really clean and well-appointed, I actually lounged in the roman tub and steam room and read a book after my treatment, which was excellent. Also, the hotel has a free shuttle and dropped us off and picked us up in Vail Village, which allowed us to imbibe with no worries. The concierge was very knowledgeable and helpful and set us up for dinner at the Game Creek Club on short notice. The breakfast buffet featured standard fare, nothing exceptional. And it could not be closer and more convenient to the slopes - and a skating rink right outside. It is a winter vacation dreamland! We looked at other resorts while there and were very glad that we chose the Arrabelle.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Costa Blanca
Reviewed 2 March 2010

We have just returned from 5 days skiing in Vail where we stayed at The Arrabelle in Vail Square.

Vail is a slightly odd place. It looks like a lovely European mountain village but its really a rather superficial facade and a little over the top. There are gas open fires in the streets to warm yourself up on that burn fuel all day and evening. The streets are heated so they don't ice up or get snow on them. In the end, it all feels a little too much like disney world as opposed to a real village with a real atmosphere. But there is no dispute that the skiing is spectacular, especially on the Back Bowls and Blue Sky Basin.

Anyway, the hotel is much the same. The rooms are lovely but a little featureless. We stayed in a junior suite with a real-effect gas fire in the room. The rest of the room was pretty ordinary but decent enough.

The hotel is a bit odd in the fact that it is rambling over different buildings and floors and you dont really get a sense that you are staying in a hotel at all as everything is so far away and the communal areas, although very nice, dont feel terribly welcoming.

The restaurants and bar are also somewhat soulless and dont give off that cozy, ski town feel although, again everything is of a reasonably good standard.

There are some nice touches however, such as the hot chocolate and cookies for when you come off the slopes, the free shuttle buses to other parts of vail or other restaurants and also the ski valet was a great service.

So in summary I'd say that if you want to ski in Vail then The Arrabelle is probably the best accommodation and is very nice but the reservations are, that like Vail village, its a little soulless and you come away a little disappointed that it could have been amazing as opposed to just good.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Westhampton Beach, New York
Reviewed 4 February 2010

You will not be disappointed. This place is worth every penny. If you can afford it, do it! Service with a capitol S. You want it they will get it for you. Super clean. This place gives new meaning to a Winter Wonderland. The Arrabelle may be the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed in. The bathroom floors are heated andthe windows actually open! The most pleaseant staff I have ever experienced and I travel often. The room service was great and delicious. The Ski Valet 'for Arrabelle guests only' is litterally steps from the gondola. They thought of everything so all you have to think about is the slopes! This hotel completes Lionshead.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple