“Truly delicous BBQ and sides at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Moe's Original BBQ

Moe's Original BBQ
Ranked #5 of 123 Restaurants in Vail
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Moe's Original BBQ is a Southern soul food revival with food prepared fresh daily with recipes passed down for generations.
Los Angeles, California
“Truly delicous BBQ and sides at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

We were trying to go to The Little Diner the morning of July 5th but the place was packed and the line was out the door. Moe's had just opened and had good TripAdvisor and Yelp reviews so we chose it instead. The pulled pork was some of the most tender, high-quality BBQ I've ever had (and I order pulled pork whenever I can). The sauce was the thinner vinegar style, not the thick sweet kind (which I actually prefer but it tends to overpower the meat). All the sides we tried were super delicious and they had an awesome broccoli salad and cinnamon apples on the special of the day board. The price was very reasonable by Vail standards and the place saw a steady stream of families, couples and groups of teenagers as lunchtime approached.

Gainesville, Florida
“Fine BBQ ... excellent for non-southerners!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

I'm from the Florida panhandle (which really is like lower Alabama) so I've had my share of good barbeque. This is fine, but I wasn't super impressed. Meat was a little greasy, tea wasn't true Southern sweet, and banana pudding had no bananas. Otherwise, inexpensive eats for Vail and OK for the standard BBQ eater.

Denver, CO
“Great BBQ with an outdoor patio”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Great food, nice people and quick service. Small place with a handful of outdoor tables. Not a great view, but ok.

Visited July 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Great Eats - Reasonably Priced”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

Stumbled upon Moe's in Lionshead.
What a great find!
This is not your typical Vail eatery...it's intimate, unpretentious and reasonably priced.

Very friendly staff!!
Ashley (server/bartender) was fun and friendly, and the guys in the back-of-the-house were solid performers and very guest friendly.

Delicious pulled-pork and sides.
Cold (cheap) beer....
This is a locals-place that welcomes the visitor, transient and tourist.

Down-side: They need to learn to make a REAL Sweet Tea.
Only open until 9pm

Would I recommend? Only if you like good southern BBQ
Would I patronize again? Most definitely.

1 Thank COTraveller33
Clive, Iowa
“Some of the best BBQ I have EVER had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

I am a total BBQ snob, and was blown away at how good and authentic this was. I have lived and traveled all over the U.S. and can honestly say this may be the best pulled pork I have ever had! The collard greens were amazing...and this is Vail!
Service is fast and friendly.
Fed my entire family for less $ than my single steak dinner cost around the corner the night before, and I enjoyed the BBQ more!

• Visited July 2013

Been to Moe's Original BBQ? Share your experiences!