“Nice Place”

Lancelot Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lancelot Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 127 Restaurants in Vail
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bridge Street
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We were looking for a place to eat due to reservation screw up at Russell's. I had always wanted to try this reastaurant in my previous visits to Vail but time never permitted. We walked in and immediately greeted by a very friendly host. We were seated right away. Each member of the wait staff was very friendly. Thanks to Russell's screw up, we found a hidden gem in Vail. A reastaurant that was not over priced with good food with a very friendly staff. They also know how to make a a very good Brandy Old Fashion…..something I cant find in many city's.

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

We ate here because it was recommended by our hotel. The prime rib I ordered was huge and very tender but really salty. My friend was not very happy with his schnitzel (sp?). I am not sure I would go back again.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

The food at Lancelot is not very original but carefully prepared and what I would call honest - no unnecessary attempts at modernity but tasty and using fresh ingredients. We had sashimi, a steak and their slow cooked ribs, and this applies to all of the dishes. The prices are very reasonable, especially for Vail, and the service very friendly. One can find more interesting food in Vail but if after a day of skiing you need a quiet, friendly place with very solid food, Lancelot fits the bill very well.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We were seated right away and were pleasantly surprised when we got a table with a view of the creek and ice sculptures. The restaurant has a "lodgey" feel. For starters I tried The Cortez which is a martini made of German Riesling and Patron tequila. I thoroughly enjoyed it and will try to recreate it at home. Since they are known for their prime rib, my husband ordered the smallest portion which was still an adequate portion of meat. Our waiter said they slow cook the prime rib over night to seal in the flavors. My husband ordered his medium rare and that's how it came. We don't know how they can cook it so long and still have it come out this way, but it was delicious. I had the roasted trout which came on a bed of wild and white rice and broccoli. It was both sides of the fish which was more than enough food. The service was good but not exceptional. I only had water with my meal and my glass wasn't replenished until we were waiting for our check.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

This time I ate here with my wife and left the boys in front of the TV. It was initially a bit slow to have an order taken but eventually, once this was overcome, we were able to enjoy the ambience and the international flavour of people around us until our respective meals came. The menu was diverse and although the waiter was pushing Prime rib that day, we opted for something else which was hot and flavoursome. We were satisfied with our meals and decided to have dessert as well, which was out of the norm given the additional cost, but was rewarded when they came.