“incredible find in vail”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lion Square Lodge

Lion Square Lodge
Ranked #16 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Denver, Colorado
“incredible find in vail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2009

We were incredibly delighted to find this hotel in a perfect location at a great price (and no additional parking fee). The room had a very usable mini-kitchen (refrigerator, microwave, utensils, plates, toaster, coffeepot). The room was very clean and well appointed, recently updated. Service at front desk was courteous and helpful--dinner suggestions, hiking maps, etc. We didn't use the hot tub but guest robes were provided. In-room humidifier was provided. Would stay here again--we're ordinarily bargain shoppers--even at twice the price (we paid $88).

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Hudson WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2009

Tripadvisor does it again. I had read that this hotel had an excellent location but I was still suprised when I arrived. It really is right next to the lifts and right off of the river. We got a mountain view room and it was awesome.
Trip details:
You don't pay for parking but being a hotel guest you get to park in their gated parking lot. When we arrived we were buzzed in and found plenty of parking spots, (rare in Vail). When I walked in to the lobby the desk clerk had my rooms keys ready for me, pointed me to my room, and answered some of my questions about the area. He was great. Fastest check-in I've ever had.

The rooms had it all. Full kitchen, flat screen TV's, deck with grill, everything. The pools were also very nice, (and heated). The service at the hotel was great. One of the days it was raining outside and we did not have an umbrella. Normally we would not ask for an umbrella from the front desk but this time we did because this hotel seemed to have it all. Sure enough they had umbrellas for people to use.

This is my new Vail hotel. I found it at $166 which was a steal. I'm sure it is at least twice that in the winter months. Couple of places you should check out while in Vail, The Little Diner for breakfest and Bart and Yeit's for a burger. You are met at the door by the restaurant's two dogs, how cool is that.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank jjp644
Gilbert, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2009

Rooms are not as nice as advertised, mine was in desparate need of renovation. Great location. I doubt I will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jojo1492
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2009

The Lion's Square Lodge was a wonderful place for our family vacation with 3 teens. We chose a 2 BR/2 bath condo. From the moment we checked in the staff was beyond pleasant and accommodating. When my mother called with an emergency, the front desk person recognized me as I walked in the door and gave me the message. Rooms were large and clean. Bathrooms were appointed with Aveda products...WOW! Just steps from the lobby was the Gondola to ride up the mountain which we did every night, enjoying the scenery and wildlife. Lionshead village was less than a minute walk to enjoy restaurants and shopping.

You cannot go wrong with this hotel. Check online for good discounts and packages!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank bgkdlady
usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2009

I just came back from 4 days at the LionsHead. I went for work and was pleasantly surprised. Typically my family and I stay at upscale resorts, but I must say this is the top location in Vail. It is right next to the gondola and perfect for skiing. Our conference was catered and the food was excellent. Aveda products are in all rooms and maid service was fabulous.
On the downside, it is a bit rustic and rooms vary. Colleagues had a room that was much nicer than ours. My boss had a condo and it was gorgeous--granite and stainless eat in kitchen with two bedrooms and a bath, fireplace in the family room. Back door opened to the gondola. When I go back this winter, my family will have a condo for skiing.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Rio de Janeiro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2009

What a place. The location is perfect - right next to the gondola. Our 2 bedroom was quite large, spacious, clean and the kitchen had everything you would need. This is the best location in Lionshead. The hot tube is also realy nice.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
Rio de Janeiro, RJ - BRAZIL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2009

We booked 2 apts (2 rooms each) for 6 days.
The apartments were very comfortable, and the location is absolutely the best in Lionhead.
If you think about Skiing in Vail, don´t miss the Lionsquare Lodge !!!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends