“Love the Lion Square Lodge!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Lion Square Lodge
Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Vail
washington, D.C.
“Love the Lion Square Lodge!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2010

Just returned from my 5th stay at this hotel. In addition to the unbeatable location, I keep going back because the staff is extremely nice, the service is excellent,and the rooms are really well appointed. I've mostly been in 1 or 2 BR condos. The kitchens are great, and there are always plenty of towels, hangers, extra blankets, and other items that you'd have to ask for at other hotels. (also free Wifi!). It's not high luxury, but our rooms have always been very clean and attractive with really good bathrooms. The gas fireplaces are a nice touch. We've had balconies overlooking the slopes; very relaxing. The restaurant at the hotel (Mezzaluna) is also quite good. The new North Building looks really nice, and has a great fitness room!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2010

We were lucky to get ski/out location on the first floor. Unfortunately we sacrificed view as the Arabella blocked our view . But it was worth it to be able to walk out of our room and onto the gondola. I have a further walk to my mailbox at home!

We had a 2b/2b condo with 4 adults. The rooms are dated and bare essentials for decor, but everything worked fine. The hotel provided free transport into town to the local grocery store, as well as the staff delivered the food to the room, and put it all away. {We arrived too early in the day and our room was not ready} Kitchen was stocked with everything we needed. Coffee every day. Housekeeping was a little cheap with 2 small shampoo for 4 adults {When they remembered to leave anything at all}. In my opinion the beds are hard, with cheap uncomfortable pillows. I slept better on the couch to escape my husband's snoring. The couch was more comfortable than the bed. We could hear the people upstairs from us. They checked in late after we had already gone to bed, and we could hear each time they opened and closed drawers .

All in all it was a pleasant stay, the staff is extremely helpful , friendly, and informative. The ski valet, { I cannot remember his name } was the best we have ever met. The location is probably the best in Vail. I would return to the Lionsquare Lodge if we choose to return to Vail. It is by far the best skiing I have seen so far.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ramsbottom, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2010

We stayed for 6 nights at Lionsquare lodge at the end of Feb/beginning of March and had a really good time.
The location is great- right at the base of the gondola/chair lift. We had a "queen bed condo" and I was pleasantly surprised that the bed was much bigger than a normal queen. The kitchen was clean and well equipped, the room was on a corner so it had 2 balconies with a view over Gore Creek and the pistes. There was a big gas fired "flame effect" fireplace which made the room snug (although I was actually impressed with how big the room was).

The sitting room had 2 big leather arm chairs which you could rotate round to face the view or the fireplace.

Water pressure was good.

The hot tubs were nice and hot, although the only down side is that we are keen swimmers and found the pool to be to cold to enjoy swimming in.

They do inclusive breakfast on Mon-Thurs, which I hadn't realised when I booked. There is free tea and coffee 24 hours in the lobby and in the afternoons they have hot chocolate and hot cider outside.

A real plus for us is that ski storage is outside- the porter puts your skis away and gives them back to you, rather than having to wrestle them up and down stairs into ski lockers. Also, they seemed to let you take your boots in to your room (at least we saw other people doing it and no-one tried to stop us) which again is a more convenient way of doing it than most places I have stayed.

All in all, it was friendly, convenient and unpretentious- I would like to come again in the future.

A tip- If you are coming to Vail from overseas- it is cheaper to book your pass 14 days in advance, you can't use the internet rate if coming from outside the USA if it is less than 14 days until you go (if that makes sense!).

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rblossomg
Greentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2010

Just got back from a 5 day stay at Lion Square Lodge in Vail, CO. I have to stay, this was the best ski in/out I have ever stayed at. From check in to check out, this place was great. The service is tremendous, the 1 bedroom condo was perfect, and the location to the gondola cannot be beat. One of our favorite perks was dropping off our skis at the ski check and having the hot chocolate/hot cider and cookies that was put out for the guests everyday. My Vail ski vacations are set, I will be staying slopeside at Lion Square Lodge. Great place.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank UTPOW
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2009

My friends and I stayed at this property from 12/5-12/8 in a 2 bedroom/2 bath condo. Our condo was wonderful with plenty of space in the living and dining areas along with generous sized bedrooms. The décor was slightly dated. The location adjacent to the gondola was perfect and we were able to walk out the back door and get skiing. The parking was included in a surface lot. We enjoyed the hot tubs and the complimentary cider and cookies after skiing. The hot tubs appeared to be recently remodeled with new tiling. From our building we had to walk outside and into the lobby to get to the hot tubs and pool. The robes in the room were very helpful for the chilly walk. I would recommend this location to anyone looking for a ski in-ski out location in Vail.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank chicagoTRVLR
Johannesburg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2009

great location in the town and extremely close to skiing facility but was not impressed with a bill high bill for a telephone call that didn't even go through. Staff was efficient. loved free internet.

• Stayed November 2007
Pueblo West, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2009

My sister and I stayed one night during off season. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. I had requested a room with a view and thats exactly what we got! It was on the main floor with a view of the mountains and river. The room came equipped with a flat screen tv, microwave, mini fridge, coffee maker and in the closet were extra pillows, blankets, fans, air purifier and 2 cozy terry cloth robes! The beds were soooo comfortable with down blankets. The bathroom was clean and spa like. The outdoor hot tub and pool were clean and available. At the front desk were plenty of granola bars, cookies, coffee and hot chocolate FREE to guests 24 hrs a day. It was a very relaxing and comfortable stay.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family