“Repeat experience Bad!”

Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Cambridge, MA
“Repeat experience Bad!”
Reviewed 26 March 2007

I stayed at this site back in December, and had a great 2 BR suite in the 'Evergreen' building for about $300 a night. Made a reservation for this past weekend for $360 a night, and when the hotel made a courtesy call a week before my stay, I confirmed that I had the same style room as previosly in the building 'below' the front desk. This was confirmed.

When I arrived to check in, I found out that 'below' could describe many buildings - and even though I wasn't told this at the time of my call, I was now finding out that my room I booked was considerably smaller, and cheaper, and in another building that was 'not built to Marriott Standards'...... when I asked about rectifying the miscommunication, small apologies were made and the attempt to resolve it involved the front desk manager going online to get a walk-in rate from marriott.com, which obviously was considerably more expensive last minute. I was told this was due to spring break, but the hotel was obviously not full - but rather than trying to fix the miscommunication they were 50% at fault for, they left me realizing that there are many other properties that are more convenient to the village - and likely more service oriented if they want to warrant the rates they charge.

I will not return to this hotel. $375/night for two double beds and a pull-out, and a coffee maker that didn't work - no big convenience there.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled with friends
2 Thank MikeCambridge

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Lancashire
Reviewed 17 March 2007

My wife and I have been staying at the Marriott Streamside since 1993, sometimes with our grown up family and grandaughters.
The hotel is booked through the Marriott Vacation Club and Evergreen is one of a number of lodges but it is indisputedly the best. The accomodation is luxurious and of a high standard. The kitchen is well equipped. Although the hotel is about 10 minutes car journey to Lionshead the shuttle bus run by the hotel is efficient. There is a supermarket within half a mile and for those without a car the shuttle bus will take you there. Generally the staff are friendly and pleasant but be warned ; we were actually refused assistance with our luggage on checking out last year and I was unable because of injury to carry my luggage. Eventually they found a volunteer to help .

Stayed February 2007
2 Thank DavidBLancs
Ascot, England
Reviewed 15 July 2006

We booked for two nights (24-25th June) at the Marriott Streamside Resort in Vail assuming that we would have a restful weekend having travelled many miles on our recent trip to the USA. As it turned out we were allocated a room on the front of a rather dingy building directly facing a major intersection on the very heavily-used I70 highway, which was about 200 feet away; in addition two parallel frontage roads carried more vehicles. The room, while well-equipped, was stiflingly hot and there was no air conditioning, merely a notice to advise you to leave windows and patio door open. The noise levels from the continuous traffic was totally unacceptable and when we asked for a move to somewhere quieter, we were told that the hotel was full. We lodged a complaint with the management, but it was too late to move on that evening (we were offered an alternative at the other Marriott Resort in Vail but that had no kitchen facilities), so after a sleepless night we decided to move on the next day.
We have stayed at many hotels in the Marriott chain in the past several years and this was by far our worst experience. We assume that resort hotels are mainly for time-share purposes and that short-term guests are allocated any overflow rooms - obviously something to avoid in the future.

Stayed June 2006
7 Thank MB37
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 July 2006

This condo exceeded our expectations in every way. Anewly remodelled building which was a showcase of tasteful decorating, spacious comfort, and luxurious amenities. Our room overlooked a peaceful patio with firepit and hot tub and a gorgeous mountain stream. Fully stocked kitchen and in room laundry facility. Master suite equipped with luxury spa and gorgeous bathroom. A great spot!

• Stayed June 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Mendota Heights, Minnesota
Reviewed 1 April 2006

This hotel (timeshare) is a great example of why a respected hotel chain should be careful handing out its name to a different division with different standards. This property is far from terrible, but it is worn and tired. I'm sure it takes a severe beating from skiers, but that is no excuse. It is a three story complex with no elevator, so think about climbing three flights of outdoor stairs hauling ski equipment and luggage. It was clean, but all of the furnishings were cheap, well below Marriott standard. The wood frame construction also makes it feal rickety, and noise can be a problem.

Stayed March 2006
6 Thank ncr4200
Texas
Reviewed 18 January 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Marriot Streamside in Vail in April 2005 for our exchange week through Interval International, and couldn't have got a better deal. The condo decor was a little outdated, but was very clean. The staff was very friendly, and even gave us a welcome pack at the beginning of our stay. Amenities were very convenient, such as the jacuzzi, indoor swimming pool, and ski shop. They also had a shuttle that would take you almost anywhere you needed to go every 30 minutes, whether it was skiing or grocery shopping. Would stay here again in a second!

• Stayed April 2005
10 Thank Regina L
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 December 2001

Marriott Streamside was an excellent ski resort. While the resort is not slopeside, they run a continuous shuttle which makes getting to the slopes easy. The clubhouse has separate indoor and outdoor hottubs and an indoor/outdoor heated pool. There is a movie room, a game room, an exercise room, a steam room and showers. We stayed in the Douglas Building which was newly carpeted and refurnished. The rooms, while not elegant, were certainly roomy and comfortible. I would definitely recommend the Marriott Streamside.

18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member