“Beautiful Hotel, Great Vail Weekend”
Review of Sonnenalp

Sonnenalp
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Clinton, Connecticut, United States
“Beautiful Hotel, Great Vail Weekend”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This hotel is absolutely beautiful. The views are fantastic and the hotel is in a great location. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are beautifully decorated and very cozy. There are a number of great restaurants and attractions nearby. We had a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
jfaessler, Owner at Sonnenalp, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for your visit and review.
I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Sonnenalp and in Vail.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Boca Raton, Florida, USA
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This hotel was awesome. The service was awesome and everyone was nice and helpful. I will definitely come back. The room was large and clean. I was not excited about going in the summer but it was beautiful and so fun.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor far away from the elevators, that was good, there was no traffic.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
jfaessler, Owner at Sonnenalp, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for stay and review.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I decided to spend our anniversary here this year. We were at the hotel August 9th, for the weekend. It is a wonderful hotel and the customer service is top notch. We enjoyed the evening entertainment very much. Great happy hour at the Bully Ranch (try the mudslides!!) Absolutely excellent service at every turn.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
jfaessler, Owner at Sonnenalp, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Happy Anniversary and thank you for staying with us.
Come back soon ...
Houston, TX
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Sonnenalp. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel is so quaint and pretty, I only wish I can come back when there's snow everywhere too! They had a deep soaking tub and provided bath salts as well as other toiletries. At turn down service they leave a big glass container of water and fresh chocolate chip cookies. (a very nice treat!) We used the fitness center, steam room, jacuzzi, and pool. I really enjoyed the fireplace in the center of the room with magazines available to relax with. There's a coffee service set up in the lobby bar area and tea service in the spa/fitness area. My date really enjoyed his deep tissue massage as well. We didn't dine in the restaurant but I did stop in to get a cappuccino both mornings and Corky (the hostess) was quite a delight to speak with.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
jfaessler, Owner at Sonnenalp, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for staying with us.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit.
Winter is just around the corner, so perhaps we will see you again soon.
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Sonnenalp for three nights to celebrate our second anniversary. We had a fantastic time in Vail and the hotel was a big part of it. They upgraded us to a suite upon check-in and I walked into our room to find chilled champagne on the coffee table and rose petals on the bed! Awesome start. We had booked a golf package and played at Sonnenalp Golf Club. We had a problem with our tee time and we worked through it with the hotel and they did a great job handling it to our satisfaction. (Thanks, Jason!) In fact, all the staff we encountered were polite, professional and most importantly, helpful. The rooms were kept very clean and I loved the layout of our 2-story suite (balcony, walk-in closet, fireplace, two sinks in bathroom) The central location of the hotel is a bonus. Everything seems to be a five-minute walk away including the free (summer) parking garage and the Lionshead part of Vail. The hotel's breakfast buffet was outstanding (it was included in our golf package). Regarding the cons of this hotel, they were so minor that I feel dumb for even typing them: no service elevator, a loud wedding one night causing us to sleep with the window closed (gasp!), and a 15-minute wait to be seated for breakfast on Saturday morning. See? Thanks, Sonnenalp, for such a beautiful stay!

• Stayed August 2014
jfaessler, Owner at Sonnenalp, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for spending your anniversary with us.
Please come back soon and let us try to improve on a few items that you mentioned.
New York
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My Mom and I went to the spa for my birthday. It is clean, relaxing and BEAUTIFUL. I had a facial and my Mom had a massage. Both services exceeded expectations. The entire property was incredibly charming, and had a European feel. I would highly recommend this spa to anyone!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
jfaessler, Owner at Sonnenalp, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for visiting the Sonnenalp Spa.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience.
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I highly recommend this resort for couples and families. The authentic charm of the Bavarian themed decor was a refreshing treat from the "rubber stamp" commercial hotel chains. This place is special and nestled up to the river and at the base of Vail mountain: simply gorgeous and serene. I consider myself a hotel snob, and this place was EXCELLENT on every level: service, decor, food, activities! The location allows you to walk outside your door directly into European Vail Village, where you can shop, dine, ski, bowl, watch movies, attend concerts and walk to everything you could possibly want in this beautiful mountain town. Great vibe, good people!

Room Tip: River views are the best! You can see and hear the river along the south facing side of resort. Ge...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer S
jfaessler, Owner at Sonnenalp, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you very much for your review.
We appreciate your feedback and are happy to read that you find Sonnenalp distinctly different. One of our very important goals .....