“Old but convenient and friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Evergreen Lodge
Ranked #23 of 31 Hotels in Vail
Lakewood, Colorado
“Old but convenient and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2012

This hotel is old, quiet, comfortable and reasonably priced for Vail. It is easy to get to, right off the highway and within walking distance of central Vail. My husband had surgery in the Vail hospital, and this hotel is right across the parking lot. The free continental breakfast was good and the staff were all very friendly. Our room was quite large with a king bed, a sofa and chair sitting area and a balcony overlooking the ski area and the hospital. (Worked for me) The bed was too hard for me but I'm very picky. The hotel bar/lounge was hopping both nights, and I heard no noise in my room.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Barb S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Holladay, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

This is a cool place to stay, nice area walking distance to shopping and limited dining.
The room I was given was totally dated and a bit run down, stained carpet etc,but I've stayed here before in much nicer rooms. Nice in hotel bar with food.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Deerfield, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

The hotel was very pleasant in the off-season. Rooms were very nice, with a beautiful view of the ski runs. Continental breakfast buffet was offered daily, and it was an easy walk to the Lionshead lift and shop area. I'd love to go back during ski season!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
cheyenne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

In 1965 my parents took me on an educational months long tour of the U.K. and Western Europe. We enjoyed excellent service since we only stayed at five star hotels. Since then I have returned to Europe many times and have been repeatedly spoiled rotten by the excellent personal service as well as their welcoming attitude toward my dogs.

However, the Evergreen Lodge has given me even better personal service and they could not have been kinder to my best friend ( a German Shepherd). Since 2010 I have had three surgeries at the next-door Steadman Clinic; without the superb staff at the Evergreen Lodge, the logistics associated with these surgeries would have been extremely challenging indeed.

The Evergreen Lodge has an excellent location, very close to the center of Vail as well as the ski slopes. It also has many splendid amenities such as free parking; NO dog fee; a great hot tub and outdoor pool; good complimentary breakfast; a well-appointed game room; fun sports bar; and lightning quick free internet.

The excellent personal service and extremely dog friendly atmosphere, however, make the Evergreen Lodge my favorite hotel in the entire world.

Room Tip: High, south facing.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank guax
colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

This was a great trip, we enjoyed the pool, the deck out back and the bar for watching the CSU and CU game. We booked with the hotel directly, the room was pretty good, nothing fancy, but we got a great rate, good service and we had a blast at Vail. I will definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank moondanceranch
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

I would not recommend Evergreen Lodge at Vail to anyone!
After a long day of searching for lodging for our wedding next June, I was convinced to stay here because it was "the cheapest place in Vail." We knew that it was not going to be anything fancy and we got what we paid for until I tried to take a shower. The shower drain was hardly draining and when calling the front desk to report the problem I was told nothing could be done. I explained to him that I was disappointed that he could do nothing for us and that we did not spend a little more money to stay at a different establishment.  The worst part of it came when I suggested that we would not be coming back and that we would look elsewhere for wedding lodging because I do not want our guests to remember the poor service provided at Evergreen Lodge in Vail. Then he hung up on me. THE worst costumer service I have ever experienced. I can assure you I never raised my voice and was not disrespectful in handling this manner. I was merely a customer with a concern and it was handled very poorly.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Chardy858

Travellers are raving about these Vail hotels

Castle Rock, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

First, the folks at Evergreen Lodge in Vail were friendly and accommodating. Second, the hotel was clean and had the right amount of comfortable amenities for a 'budget' hotel (including a clean heated outdoor pool and continental breakfast). And the location can't be beat for the price. Just a stone's throw from Lionshead and Vail Village-- it was the perfect distance whether on foot or on bike. If you're a cyclist, you can store your bike inside and have easy access to all the amazing trails in the area. For the price, you cannot beat this plac-- we are repeat guests and will be back as it allows us to experience awesome Vail without breaking the bank.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the mountain are quieter and offer a better view
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple