“Just what I wanted in a ski vacation.”
Review of Lodge at Lionshead

Lodge at Lionshead
Ranked #2 of 41 Speciality Lodging in Vail
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I was extremely pleased I chose the Lodge at Lionshead for my vacation. The hotel was perfectly located- I think it was a 5 minute walk to a big lift, awesome restaurants and bars. Plus, the shuttle was practically across the street to take you anywhere you wanted to go on the mountain! I REALLY loved wrapping up my day in the hot tubs at the hotel. Enough people to be social, but not enough to feel completely claustrophobic. The parking garage and the ski lockers were easy to access at the hotel and I really loved my room! Overall, I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone and I plan to come back!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 February 2013

I have now stayed here with a group of friends for several years, and will almost certainly be back again.

It's very well organized. We checked in late, but it was easy to get access. The staff had purchased ski lift tickets for us a ahead of time which we picked up early the first morning and were ready to head for the slopes with no delay.

The Lodge is very conveniently located to the LIonshead Gondola. Not quite ski in ski out, but as close as you can get. At the back there is great view of the mountain.

As usual we made quite a bit of mess, but it was magically cleaned up by the maid service. The condo facilities were excellent including everything you could want in the kitchen, cable TV, and Internet access. which we made good use of. They also fix any issues right away.

All round a great experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2013

My husband and I booked a 31day stay, practicing for retirement! We have skied for decades in Europe and the States. We rate the Lodge extremely highly. It has a great combination of easy access to the lifts, along a pleasant tree lined streamside path, and the Lionshead village with a short stroll to Vail, if you don't want to take the regular intown bus, which stops virtually outside.The Condos are a very high standard, spacious, well equipped and cleaned daily with clean towels and bedding changed as necessary.The staff are all gloriousy helpful, knowledgeable and fun, nothing seems to be too much trouble or effort. We skied pretty well every day and enjoyed the cookies and coffee in reception on our return, as well as a brief chat with the staff.We had a balcony that faced the evening sun, a beer on our return was a delight, sitting in the sun. It has a cosy, personal, friendly feel whilst providing everything you could want in terms of service. We loved every minute of our stay and are grateful to the owners of our Condo and the staff for making our stay so relaxed and memorable.HIghly recommend. We will return, with our family.

Room Tip: I'm sure you can discuss tis with the staff.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Leslie R, Public Relations Manager at Lodge at Lionshead, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

We are so happy you enjoyed your "practice for retirement" ski vacation with us! It was a pleasure to have you at the property for such a long time. We love getting to know our guests and had ample time to get to know you.

Thank you for the lovely review - the condo you stayed in is one of my favorites on the property. You are correct in that we are always happy to discuss condo options with our guests to find the best fit for them. Most of our staff has worked her for years, and we know the condos inside and out.

We look forward to hosting you again, and meeting your family, the next time you visit Vail!

Warm regards,
Leslie

Reviewed 5 February 2013

Over the years, I have stayed at many places in Vail. Most are quite good, but none puts the entire experience together as well as the Lodge at Lionshead. The condominiums and public facilities are very good and the location is nearly perfect, but the best thing is the excellent service from the staff. There has never been a request I've made that wasn't immediately fulfilled by the caring people in the front office.I always feel right at home there. It's my favorite place to stay in Vail. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2013

For the second year in a row, my brother and I stayed at the Lodge at Lionshead for our Vail ski vacation. It gets better everytime! The front desk personnel are all exceptional....ready to help with anything you put to them. The accommodations are perfect for skiers and the location is no more than a half block from the gondola at Lionshead. You can't go wrong here!.

Room Tip: Stayed in a one bedroom loft unit both times on the third floor. They were both perfect. No negati...
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Excellent place to stay! Perfect location. We have been going to Vail for 12 years now, and of all lodgings (vail village, lionshead gondola, golden peak) this is the one that fits us best (mostly after taking the kids) Excellent cost/benefit!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 30 January 2013

It's clean, neat and totally ''current.''
it's relaxed, informal, and ''user friendly.''
It's ''walkout'' to 2 mjaor lifts, a 5 minute walk to good restaurants and a 7 minute bus ride (very tightly schelduled ) to Vail.
Remember this inexpensive, NOT bare bones. Don't expect upscale, just enjoy the bargain it is.

Room Tip: Although they're more expensive, try for the condos facing the mountain for the view.