1,230 results
All reviews avalanche pub resort fee ski valet platinum member ski shop charter sports indoor pool mountain resort lionshead area valet service per day an upgrade breakfast buffet mountain view ski boots free shuttle hot chocolate
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Stayed a few time at this hotel in Vail. During the peak season, the service is ok otherwise during the low season, the service is very poor and even bad. I have booked 2 nights but I had to cancel the first night. I called the hotel 4 days in advance to inform about the cancellation and to request a refund.

As I called during the weekend, the manager was not working and nobody was able to proceed a refund. On Monday, I called again the hotel to get the refund but someone from Marriott told me that I was late to get a refund!!! I explained that it was not due to my fault but no way to get a refund. During check in, I tried one more time to discuss it but I didn't get any refund or even a complementary breakfast or parking!!!

Finally, I was really disappointed and I will never go again to this hotel. In addition, a lot of facilities were not open such as the spa and the swimming pool. For the breakfast, the choice was really restricted and bad.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank WorldSkiing
JasonPolland, Manager at Vail Marriott Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our Hotel. I am very disappointed to read that you had a poor experience. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your stay. I am hopeful we can find a way to keep you as our guest when you return to Vail.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

I attended a conference at this hotel and was very impressed. I had a one bedroom suite which was very spacious. With a rollaway and the pull out couch I was able to get 3 adults and 3 kids in there pretty comfortably. The view was outstanding and the amenities were all high end. The beds were plush and comfortable and there was an incredible jacuzzi tub in the master bathroom that my wife adored! We had two balconies - one for the master bedroom and one for the main room. The kitchen and dining room were well stocked and very nice. WiFi was included in my conference package but the only option for parking was valet which was pricy. This was late September so we were in the off season. The conference facilities were excellent and the service was top notch.

The outdoor pool was not in operation at that time but there was a hot tub outside that was fairly crowded. The indoor pool was disappointing. My kids (who LOVE hotel pools) were bored after 20 minutes.

The hotel is in walking distance to the gondola and is on the creek - really scenic. There is a free bus going throughout the Vail area that stops right at the Mariott. We did try the breakfast buffet which was very good (but a bit pricey).

Overall, I would certainly stay there again - this is an excellent spot for vacation or conference.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank DrTom234

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with our Hotel on this website. I am also pleased to hear that you had a relaxing and enjoyable experience and hope that when you return to Vail you will again choose to stay with us.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

Rustic, natural beauty all around this hotel. We had friends who stayed in the Penthouse which had breath-taking views of the mountain. In fact, of the 5 rooms I visited every single one had fantastic views. During our week long stay in the fall, we enjoyed the hotel's excellent breakfast buffet. Made-to-order omlette's were perfect. Nick, restaurant mgr, resolved a minor problem with our room service very quickly. When I asked for towels they were there in less than 30 seconds! The staff at the spa was a joy too! Don't miss the outdoor jacuzzi/mini-pool.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Hotel. Your comments and feedback has been shared with our entire Hotel staff. I hope that if you return to Vail you again choose to stay at our Resort Hotel.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

Not a top notch marriott but, it's in beautiful vail and centrally located creek side. Everyone is friendly and very professional . In early October is a great time to see all the colors of the aspens .

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you taking the time to share your positive comments regarding your stay with us in October. We will share these comments with our entire Hotel team, as we do with all Trip Advisor responses. We hope you will choose to stay at our Resort again if you return to Vail.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

This was our second stay at the Marriott in Vail and we again had a great experience. At check-in, our "reserved room" wasn't ready, so we were given a complimentary upgrade to a nicer room with a fireplace & sofa. While quiet & clean, I wouldn't say the room was large. In fact, if we hadn't been given the upgrade, we wondered how small our reserved room would have been.

The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was nice, but small. We had breakfast at the restaurant on the 2nd floor and while the buffet was good, we had hoped to also have a menu to order from. The $15 buffet was the only offering.

The hotel's location is excellent, with free city bus service to other areas of Vail right outside the hotel's door.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colorado_Rick

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Hotel. I am pleased to read you had a nice stay and we hope you choose to stay with us again when your travels take you to Vail.