“Great location, reasonable price”

Vail Marriott Mountain Resort
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Went for a long weekend (4 days) to Vail in late September. Wanted to stay very close to the villages / ski lifts. Marriott definitely fit the bill. The Lionshead village is right out the door and the ski lift is less than a 10 minute walk. The room was clean, the service was very good, and the location was perfect.

When in Vail, I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank catlaw98
Brian H, Director of Room Operations at Vail Marriott Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear catlaw98,
Thanks for the recommendation! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

They will over charge you if you don't watch your bill carefully. We paid one night in a month in advance and still got charged for it. We paid with another credit card and the charged the first credit card also. I loved the hotel, but it will turn a dream vacation into a nightmare when you try to straighten your bill out.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jason B

Dear Jason B,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on tripadvisor. I am very sorry to hear of the confusion surrounding your bill and payment method. I encourage you to contact me directly to discuss this further and to correct your final statement. We do hope to see you again.

Best Regards,
Brian Hunt
970 476 4444

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

The bathroom door was bizarre. No real potty privacy. No way to lock the French doors. I've never seen anything like it. The location was fine and the restaurant service was good. The food was unusual and everything was over priced.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Bbbigbass

Dear Bbbibass,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. We are sorry to hear you found the bathroom doors "bizarre". I have shared your comments with the Hotels Executive team in an effort to meet all of our guests gxpectations.

Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

I've had many occasions to be in Vail for a night and a day. This trip I stayed at the Vail Marriott. Beginning at the door, the valet parking staff were gracious and helpful. They assisted me with my luggage and offered to carry them in for me. The front desk staff were equally warm and quickly checked me in and directed me to the elevator to my room. I had dinner in the restaurant and the food was delicious. Potato leek soup to start - fantastic. Followed by a generous crisp wedge salad. I ordered a filet mignon paired with crab stuffed shrimp. All perfectly seasoned and at the ideal temperature. I had a bit of bread pudding at dessert that was moist and flavorful. I think I have found my occasional home in Vail for my next trips for a very long time.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank VictorVDenver

Dear Victorv52,
Thanks for the glowing review! We are glad to hear you have found you're new home when in Vail! We can't wait to welcome you back to your "home".

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Beautiful lobby area with friendly staff and valet. Ate at the Avalanche and enjoyed a tasty dinner accompanied by a five dollar glass of their house wine which is a "shoulder" season perk. The dinner itself was a tad on the pricey side but you expect that in Vail. The room is immaculate and nicely appointed but a bit small. Great shower which we have enoyed at other higher-end Marriotts. Where the resort fails is with the noise. I am currently listening to the next door neighbors carry on a conversaton with the television blaring. They are loud talkers but, if it was in English, I could distinguish every word. I feel like I am at an athletic event. This is unacceptable for the price but far too common at most stays we have had recently at Marriotts. The extra expense to make the rooms more private was obviously not a big factor when constructing their hotels. Unfortunately some semblance of privacy is important for my husband and I. We will stick with Hiltons from now on as we travel.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else if you want some quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear tomnpam,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your detailed review. We are glad to hear our staff was friendly and that you enjoyed our beautiful and welcoming lobby area. As well, our Avalanche Pub does serve up tasty food in casual environment. I am sorry to hear your comments regarding the noise, please know I have discussed those comments with our executive team in effort to improve. We do hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Great place to stay, right by a beautiful stream and the mountains! Secluded, yet close to the town. Multiple hot tubs. Fun activities and free desserts. I highly suggest this place. Also, it is close to a bike trail, parks, and tennis courts.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CRH01

Dear CRH01,
Thank you for providing your review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our Resorts location and all it has to offer. Again thank you for the glowing review and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

We go every year, love this hotel!! The location is great, walking distance to the lifts. The device is fantastic, for gear to the lifts and in the hotel.. We have been upgraded the last two year to a suite with a mountain view and jetted tubs.. The service is fantastic and we will be back again this year.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Scappy7,
We are glad to hear how much you enjoy our Hotel and it's location. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!