We went to Vail for the Labor Day weekend conclusion of the 2013 Jazz Festival. There was a special deal whereby 'first-timers' booking 6 months ahead, were awarded an extra free day on their weekend - paid by the Jazz organisers. Maybe that was a mistake - we got the worst of the 12 or more types of room available. As a Marriott Elite (Platinum ) member I asked on check in if we could have an upgrade and were happy to give points if required. We were told 'not possible'.
The room had no table or chairs - just a low coffee table and a (sticky leather) settee. Laptop connection was difficult and the 'free highspeed broadband' proved to be less than 1 MPs - the slowest I have seen in 10 years. I didn't want to pay $12.95 a day when Marriott Elite ordinarily get genuine highspeed broadband free.
Only on the third day did we get the 'welcome package' made available by the Jazz organisers - despite asking daily.
The setting of the resort is excellent - although valet parking was, for me an irritation (and added to the bill with no option.
Querying the Marriott Elite status and entitlements I was told 'we do things a little differently as we are a resort'.
If we had known the rules when we booked 6 months earlier things might have been different.
A stay in the Renaissance in Denver the day we left Vail was totally different - and cheaper - see my review.
As the Vail Marriott doesn't reveal an email address I wrote a snail-mail letter to the manager but got no reply ( as of a month later)
We found out later that Holiday Inn Vail has a Jazz Special rate and might be a better choice if we ever go back...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vail Marriott Mountain Resort in Lionshead Village is one of Colorado's most celebrated resorts. Our relaxed luxury ski resort in Vail sits just 150 yards from the Eagle-Bahn Gondola and offers comfortable lodging options for daredevils, daydreamers and those seeking a little adventure. Featuring all the hospitality and charm of a European ski and spa resort, our we are the destination resort of choice for vacationers seeking the exceptional. The natural beauty that surrounds our breathtaking accommodation is reflected in a chateau atmosphere of warm elegance, complete with rich wood accents, cozy rooms with plush beds, heated pools, outdoor recreation and an elegant spa. With 5,289 acres and seven legendary bowls, Vail Marriott Mountain Resort is the largest ski resort in the nation, welcoming skiers and snowboarders from all over the world. We invite you to stay with us and discover why Vail continues to top ski resort polls year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Vail Marriott Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Vail Mountain Hotel Vail
- Marriott Vail Mountain Resort And Spa
- Vail Marriott