“Good for a conference”

Vail Marriott Mountain Resort
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed here for a conference and it went really well. Food was good and service was good. The rooms were nice, clean, comfortable. I had to switch rooms at one point and stayed in an "executive suite" for one night. You'd have to ask about these rooms, but you can get them cheap. They are spacious, have a fireplace, bar, microwave, but the drawback is they only have a sofa bed, which really can't be called a bed. It was super uncomfortable, so i ended up sleeping on the couch, but was able to negotiate a good deal for the room. They offered me padding the morning after when I said the bed was uncomfortable, so if you go for this option, ask for extra padding. On the whole this was a good place in Vail that is convenient and didn't break the bank.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,164)

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Spent 2 days with family at the Marriott. Great location and the rooms and hotel itself were very nicely done. Easy to get around Lionshead etc. Summer rates not bad at all. We paid $160/night

The pool/hot tub area was kind of dirty and just didn't seem to match up to the quality of the hotel. They did have towels out there, but just a bit run down and along side a sidewalk/walkway where lots pass by.

I would likely elect to stay at a different property in Vail, but I give this one a good review for affordability. so many are $300+ these days in Vail.

Room Tip: We had a great room with a view of Vail Mountain. quiet and nice balcony
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We went to Vail for the Labor Day weekend conclusion of the 2013 Jazz Festival. There was a special deal whereby 'first-timers' booking 6 months ahead, were awarded an extra free day on their weekend - paid by the Jazz organisers. Maybe that was a mistake - we got the worst of the 12 or more types of room available. As a Marriott Elite (Platinum ) member I asked on check in if we could have an upgrade and were happy to give points if required. We were told 'not possible'.
The room had no table or chairs - just a low coffee table and a (sticky leather) settee. Laptop connection was difficult and the 'free highspeed broadband' proved to be less than 1 MPs - the slowest I have seen in 10 years. I didn't want to pay $12.95 a day when Marriott Elite ordinarily get genuine highspeed broadband free.
Only on the third day did we get the 'welcome package' made available by the Jazz organisers - despite asking daily.
The setting of the resort is excellent - although valet parking was, for me an irritation (and added to the bill with no option.
Querying the Marriott Elite status and entitlements I was told 'we do things a little differently as we are a resort'.
If we had known the rules when we booked 6 months earlier things might have been different.
A stay in the Renaissance in Denver the day we left Vail was totally different - and cheaper - see my review.
As the Vail Marriott doesn't reveal an email address I wrote a snail-mail letter to the manager but got no reply ( as of a month later)
We found out later that Holiday Inn Vail has a Jazz Special rate and might be a better choice if we ever go back...

Room Tip: The hotel has a wide range of rooms at a wide range of prices - you probably get what you pay for by...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Brian H, Director of Room Operations at Vail Marriott Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Gordonsapsed,
Thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed review of your stay. I am very sorry to hear how disappointed you were with your stay at our hotel. I would love to discuss the details of your stay further if you don't mind. You can contact me directly at brian.hunt@marriott.com. Again I am very sorry to hear of your disapointment and hope we can speak soon.

Regards,

Brian Hunt

Reviewed 27 September 2013

The location and the facilities were excellent, but the truly outstanding characteristic was the exceptional training and the attitude of each every staff member, from the valets to the bellmen to the front desk personnel and to the housekeeping staff! It was truly an exceptional experience for my wife & me.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Brian H, Director of Room Operations at Vail Marriott Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Tom B,
Thank you for providing your recent review. We are glad to hear you experienced the legendary service Marriott is known for. Our team at the Vail Marriott truly enjoy providing that exceptional service. We hope to bee you soon!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Went for a long weekend (4 days) to Vail in late September. Wanted to stay very close to the villages / ski lifts. Marriott definitely fit the bill. The Lionshead village is right out the door and the ski lift is less than a 10 minute walk. The room was clean, the service was very good, and the location was perfect.

When in Vail, I would definitely recommend.

1  Thank catlaw98

Dear catlaw98,
Thanks for the recommendation! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

They will over charge you if you don't watch your bill carefully. We paid one night in a month in advance and still got charged for it. We paid with another credit card and the charged the first credit card also. I loved the hotel, but it will turn a dream vacation into a nightmare when you try to straighten your bill out.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
2  Thank Jason B

Dear Jason B,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on tripadvisor. I am very sorry to hear of the confusion surrounding your bill and payment method. I encourage you to contact me directly to discuss this further and to correct your final statement. We do hope to see you again.

Best Regards,
Brian Hunt
970 476 4444

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

The bathroom door was bizarre. No real potty privacy. No way to lock the French doors. I've never seen anything like it. The location was fine and the restaurant service was good. The food was unusual and everything was over priced.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Bbbigbass

Dear Bbbibass,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. We are sorry to hear you found the bathroom doors "bizarre". I have shared your comments with the Hotels Executive team in an effort to meet all of our guests gxpectations.