“Excellent accomadations”

Vail Marriott Mountain Resort
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Everything you need is right there at the hotel. Easy on and off the slopes and the valet even takes your skis down to the gondola and brings them back. Night time entertainment and happy hour deals. Didn't eat at the restaurant but did get room service. Food was only average. The hotel is located in the Lionhead part of Vail with plenty of good nearby bars and restaurants. Ski rental on site. Very friendly and polite staff. Get ready to pay $60 more a day; $30 for the parking (valet) and $30 for the resort fee. Their fee comes with free internet (very slow) and nightly ice cream (never got so can not comment) and two free drinks when you get there and a few other goodies. Usually go the week after Christmas, but went the week before Christmas and it was not crowded and it felt like we had the slopes to ourselves. I would stay here again for the convenience. We had three in the room with two double beds. The beds were very comfortable. Rooms were clean but a little outdated.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 2islandlover2
Brian H, Director of Room Operations at Vail Marriott Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear greg b,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Tripadvisor. We are glad to hear our Resorts location worked great for you! We are a very short walk to the Gondola and our ski valet will gladly carry your skiis for you! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Vail wins my vote for the happiest place on Earth (Sorry Disneyland)! I think there is happy in the water! The staff at the Marriott is friendly and extremely accommodating!

Last week, I was involved in a skiing collison on the mountain. I tore ligaments in my knee, and spent the rest of my vacation on crutches.

The day I was injured, the Marriott sent a get well card and a gift basket full of really good candy from Hawaii to my room! I was surprised and extremely touched by this act of kindness! They also went out of their way to bring me bags of ice while I was eating and enjoying the hot tub.

Their complementary shuttle picked me up from the hospital, and dropped me off as close to our destinations as they could, so I didn't have to brave the crowds of drunken twenty somethings on the bus! :)

A few days after the injury, I got a massage from Melissa at the spa. I'm a massage therapist, and I can honestly say that Melissa is in the top three of the best massage therapist I've ever encountered!

I can't say enough to praise the people who helped me. We had an amazing experience here! Special thanks to Brandon in the bar for keeping me well fed and watered!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Anna L

Dear Anna L,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are pleased to hear how accomodating our staff was. Additionally thank you for the feedback on your massage treatment, please know I have shared your comments with the entire Spa team! We hope your knee is feeling better and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I stayed here for two nights during a company conference before the ski-season started.
The hotel is very impressive, with the architecture conforming to the almost Disney-like ambiance of Vail village.

We had a triple room with a king size bed on the ground floor and a spiral staircase to take you to a mezzanine with the two doubles. Carrying the suitcase up the staircase was a bit awkward, and kind of annoying for such a short stay. It added to the mountain lodge theme though, and it was worth it for the extra space the mezzanine gives you in the bathroom. We had a bath and a separate shower both big enough for two people.

The hotel was very clean and smart. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
On arrival we had a lunch prepared for us by the restaurant which was fine, it had a good selection although everything was a bit carb-heavy, and the salad was already dressed with far too much Caesar dressing. We didn't eat a la carte, so I couldn't comment on the menu, but the quality was good.

The first breakfast was fantastic: loads of fresh fruit, eggs, bacon, bagels etc. They are 'proud to serve Starbuck's coffee' in the hotel, but to be honest for us Europeans this isn't really something to be proud of.
The second breakfast was pretty poor, and consisted of 'Breakfast biscuits' which were scones overfilled with egg, cheese, sausage. Really sticky, and messy, left me feeling a bit ill. This had been prepared primarily for our colleagues who had early departures so that they could be taken away, I don't think it was a standard breakfast item. I'd be happy never to have to eat one again.

The hotel is around a 10-15 min walk to Vail village, and there is a path running along the creek which will take you almost straight there. It's also nice for a morning run, although wrap up warm and be aware of the effects of the altitude.

The conference facilities were very good, as you would expect from a Marriott. The main conference room was ample for the 450+ people we had, and thanks to the time of year there were lots of smaller breakout rooms we could retreat back to. We pretty much had the place to ourselves.

The gym seemed fairly utilitarian, and I suspect that during periods of peak occupancy, unless you wake up at 4am, getting space on any of the machines would be a challenge. The pool was too small to be of much use for exercise, and it had quite a low ceiling. The outdoor pools were closed when we were there, although a couple of people asked for the hot tub to be turned on and they had a nice time outside!

I would definitely recommend the Marriott, although it's a little way outside of the village, the short walk is a pleasant one.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Five of us visited Vail in November for some family fun. When you have such as odd number of people it's hard to find good lodging. Most places require you to take 2 rooms which becomes very expensive or a suite which may or may not accommodate five folks. Four Seasons and Arabella were too expensive so we have decided to stay at the Marriott. We got a suite which turned out to be 2 rooms plus 2 bathrooms plus small kitchen separated by the door. One of the rooms had a fireplace which was nice. Outside we had a huge balcony which was shared between several rooms. For $299 per night plus tax that was as good as I was able to find and indeed it was great value for the money. My only problem was that the rooms in particular and the hotel in general were a bit worn out. When we arrived at 2:00PM the suite was not ready. We did not check in until 4:00PM The curtains in one of the rooms had holes in them, the mirror in the elevator that was smeared by the kids stayed dirty may be a few hours too long. Some may say I am neat picking but after staying at JW Marriott Denver you could tell the difference. We ate at the restaurant and the food was good. The location of the hotel was about a 15 minute walk to Vail and the complimentary bus stopped by the front door. The hotel also had a heated pool which was good. Overall would I recommend this property? If it's just 2 of you stay someplace else. If it's a big party you can't go wrong with this property.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Brian H, Director of Room Operations at Vail Marriott Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Dear Jason M,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. Our Resort does offer a wide range of accomodations, from a standard hotel room to a privately owned penthouse with many in-between. These accomodations can suit a party of two up to a party of 8ppl. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

- Just stayed at the Marriott Vail Mountain Resort & Spa.
- Excellent central but quiet location with a 5 minute walk to the Lionshead lifts.
- The staff was exceptionally responsive and friendly
- Rooms are excellent as well
- Will definitely come back

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Tom P,
Thank you for providing your feedback on Tripadvisor. We are pleased to hear you will definitely be back to see us! We hope it is sooner rather than later! See you soon.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

All I can say is the manager and the front desk girls made this stay amazing .
They were accomodating and so nice and even when there was a concern, thye went above and beyond. The hotel is so pretty and is nestled amongst the buildings at the the edge of Vail within walking distance to the Gondola (Marriott delivers your skis for you) . The Vail Shuttle is free and Marriott is the final stop and picked us up right in front of hotel. Mariott has a great stema room for the dry CO air in the spa and has an indoor pool, an out door pool and jacuzzis. very nice bar with the best Mussells I ever had . There is a restaurant on site and the Starbucks bar sells a great Breakfast Burrito for only $5 my sons loved. Other than that the breakfast buffet I think was $40 for all you can eat . There is an on site sports ski store and the ski staff for rentals at the Marriott ~~~Mike and his staff were sooo accomodating.
Will be back again . - . Loved IT!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisa P

Dear Lisa P,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to hear our staff was accomodating and went above and beyond for you during your stay. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

This resort is located in Lionshead Village, a short walk to the ski lifts, shopping and restaurants. We had friends staying at the Four Seasons and this resort matched the Four Seasons amenities for less cost. Our room had a fireplace and a balcony and we had a great view of the skiers coming down the hill. Other things we enjoyed: live music and hot toddy's, the spa, hot tub. The village bus system picks up in front of the hotel every 10-15 minutes and will take you anywhere in Vail village.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kevinwcheryl
Brian H, Director of Room Operations at Vail Marriott Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear kevinwcheryl,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. We are glad to hear you enjyed the many amenities our Resort has to offer. Our Avalanche Pub is a great spot for Apres ski, with live music and signature cocktails(for kids also!). We hope to see you again!