Vail Marriott Mountain Resort
Sitzmark Lodge at Vail(Vail)(Great Value!)
US$148
Christiania at Vail(Vail)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$147
  • Breakfast included
The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort(Vail)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$159
  • Pool
The Sebastian - Vail(Vail)(Great Value!)
US$323
US$262
  • Pool
Hotel Talisa, Vail(Vail)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$159
  • Restaurant
US$11,693
US$1,097
Vail Mountain Lodge(Vail)(Great Value!)
US$181
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
1,192 results
All reviewsavalanche pubski valetski shopcharter sportsmountain resortindoor poollionshead areavalet serviceper dayan upgradebreakfast buffetmountain viewski bootsfree shuttleking roomnice propertyhot chocolate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Recently stayed at the Vail Marriott for a weekend Ski Vacation, like other reviews mentionted the location is great with a very short walk to the Eagle Bahn Gondola in the heart of Lionshead. The rooms were of nice size however in need of a renovation as the interior of the building looked warn. When we arrived (it was late, a little after midnight) there was no valet or bellstaff to help unload our vehicle so we had to struggle with luggage, skis/ baords, etc. up to our guest room. The staff was decent however there is no one who stood out or made my trip memorable. All in all I would stay here again simply due to the location however if you are looking for more of a service oriented expereince I think there may be other options.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Brian H, Director of Room Operations at Vail Marriott Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Justin E,
Thank you for providing your feedback on Tripadvisor. We greatly appreciate your detailed comments. I am terribly sorry you did not experience the memorable service we are known for. Please know I have shared your comments with our entire team as we continually strive to improve and meet the needs of our guests.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed here over the weekend during the ski season. The hotel is in a good location, just around the corner from the slopes. Our room had a little balcony which was nice. But other than that, it's just a typical Marriott. The rooms and public areas were a bit outdated, the staff was not that stand out and at times absent, and the resort fee is a bit excessive. The $30/night fee covers the wi-fi which is good, but it is also supposed to cover things like water everyday, but those inconsistently get replenished. Also, i get that housekeeping works up until the evening, but if everybody knows the slopes start closing around 4pm, why wouldn't they make sure to have rooms cleaned by then? Overall, the hotel is clean and a decent price, but it is nothing exciting or memorable about it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Brian H, Director of Room Operations at Vail Marriott Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear derekisphat,
Thank you for providing your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our great location in Lionshead village as well as your guestroom. Please know we are working diligently with our ownership group and have plans for a large scale renovation to address many areas of our Resort. We hope to welcome you back should your travels bring you back to Vail.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We booked 3 nights at the Vail marriott on Priceline - it was $255 a night which is half of the expedia or marriott website for high ski season. It was alright for the price we paid - I'd be really upset if we had of paid full price. We got room 239 which is right next to the hot chocolate and cookie stand. It's a small room, literally two beds and very little space space - difficult when you have a lot of ski stuff to hand up. The noise was a problem from the hot chocolate stand and the bar downstairs. Avoid this room if you can. The bathroom however was very nice. The housekeeping standards were poor, our bed was not made well while we were out skiing. It you want to stay in Vail/Lionshead then this property is the cheapest half-decent one but there are much nicer hotels to stay in if you can afford it.
The resort fee really adds up too - $30 a day. We didn't have the breakfast, it was much cheaper to buy some cereal and some milk from the general store.

Room Tip: Avoid room 239
Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Brian H, Director of Room Operations at Vail Marriott Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Katy B,
Thank you for your review. Priceline at times does offer some great deals! We would encourage you to book directly to provide the most flexibility regarding room assignments and availability. I do apologize your bed was not made while you were out skiing, I have shared your comments with our housekeeping leadership team. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed mid-March. Room was comfortable. Ski shop was nice and shoe storage process was run well. An easy walk to the lift. Were hoping to use the ski valet but we waited for a very long time, someone finally came back with the cart, we put our gear on the cart and waited another 15 min or so, no one spoke to us or acknowledged us, we finally took our gear and left. Breakfast was extremely overpriced, $120 for family of 4. Only ordered eggs, 1 coffee and 2 orange juices. I would definitely recommend looking for a nearby cafe.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Terri Z

Dear Terri Z,
Thanks for your review of our Hotel. We are happy to hear your room was comfortable. Please know we have recently adjusted our breakfast pricing based on recent feedback. We do hope you will be back to enjoy one of our Chef's fantastic omelet's!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I recently had a pleasant stay at the Vail Marriott. In the most general sense, the Vail Resort is a modestly well-kept resort that won't negatively impact your stay. Remember, in Vail, you come for the Mountain, not the hotel. However, getting the most for your dollar is extremely important given the fact there are many resort in the region. My general take away from the Vail Marriott was that this resort seems to be a resort for points. As a Platinum, I used a significant portion of my points to pay for my stay at the Marriott. However, even with my stay theoretically free of charge, my three night stay ended up costing me over $300. Granted, that did include the cheaper of the two morning buffets for two, for two mornings. The other portion of that $300 came from resort fees and practically mandatory valet parking if you drive to the resort. My take away of the higher than normal resort fee, as compared to other resort fees I have faced at Marriotts, it is most likely from the high percentage of guest using points. It is a way for the Resort to collect at least some revenue to improve their margins. Otherwise, they would've just integrated that fee directly into the price of the room, but they need a way to impact those staying for "free". As a Platinum who spends thousands of dollars at Marriotts, it is pretty bad to walk away from staying for three nights using hard earned points and still having to pay a significant sum of money. The Marriott Vail needs to seriously reevaluate the aggressive fees. Other than the fee galore at the Marriott, I was expecting a modest room upgrade being a Platinum, I think the excuse given was that the room wasn't exactly ready and that they are "busy", so I got a nice view of the hotel across the street. Nevertheless, a hotel is never too full to give modest upgrades to valuable guest, it may just take a little more effort of the part of staff to do a little bit more forethinking. Another important note regarding Vail Marriott was the cleaning staff. For the value and class the Marriott is trying portray with $600 per night rates, the cleaning staff was far below that. They were noisy in the hall, turndown is a joke (wouldn't even grab my dirty towels), and I was even skipped the first night (therefore I didn't receive my bottles of water that the $30 resort fee affords). Other than that, I found the rooms to be small, but pretty nice. It seemed that the wing that I was in at least was recently remodeled. I thought the best feature of the hotel was the ski valet and rental service in the basement. It was very convenient.

Overall, I truly believe that if you are paying with money for a room and don't have any loyalty to Marriott, I would seriously considering neighboring hotel like the Arrabelle. I felt like they looked nicer and some were even closer to the mountain. If using points, this is the place for you. The resort does seem to be overvalued with points by being a Cat 8. However, it is cheaper than staying next door at the Ritz. Just prepare yourself for spending a significant amount of money in addition to your points.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank WisconsinTraveler78

Dear Wisconsin Traveler 78,
Thank you for providing your feedback. We truly appreciate your loyalty as a Marriott Rewards Member. Please know our resort fee is consistent with other Hotels in the Vail area. Additionally we feel our Resort fee has many more offerings than our competitors, two welcome drinks, cookies and cocoa daily, ski valet, bottled water, restaurant discounts, just to name a portion of the benefits. I do apologize for the housekeeping service you experienced, please know I have shared your comments with the team as we strive to continually improve. I do hope when your travels bring you back to Vail you will be staying with us! We look forward to seeing you soon!