A beautiful hotel located directly adjacent to the base of Vail Mountain, this was a great spot for summer fun, and seems like it would be top notch in winter. Luxurious hotel with a full spa, the "Avalanche" bar, and full ski valet service in winter that will bring your skis to and from the hotel to the nearby gondola. We visited in June of 2014 and this hotel was in a great location in Lionshead Village, directly adjacent to numerous restaurants and shops. There is no "commissary" like you would find in a normal Marriott property, but a full store located just by the pool that sells merchandise, some basic sundries, and rents equipment in summer like a full array of mountain bikes. We instead rented from "Wheel Base" in the nearby village, and they were quite helpful and reasonably priced. We had a great day taking our bikes up the gondola and mountain biking down the mountain with two adults and two kids, ages 11 and 13, and the rental place was just steps from the hotel, as is the gondola. Great service at the hotel, with some beautiful outdoor features like gas log fire pits and one indoor, as well as one outdoor heated pool, each with a large hot tub. "Resort fee" of $15.00 seemed a bit much for daily internet service and some discounts in the spa and shop, and the hotel is valet-only, for $27 per night, but parking is at a premium in Vail anyway. All in all a beautiful property with gorgeous views of the mountain from the rooms on the backside of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vail Marriott Mountain Resort in Lionshead Village is one of Colorado's most celebrated resorts. Our Vail ski resort is just 150 yards from the Eagle-Bahn Gondola and offers relaxed lodging options for daredevils, daydreamers and those seeking a little adventure. Featuring all the hospitality and charm of a European ski and spa resort, our Vail resort is the destination of choice for vacationers seeking the exceptional. The natural beauty that surrounds our breathtaking Vail luxury resort is reflected in a chateau atmosphere of warm elegance, complete with rich wood accents, cozy rooms with plush beds, heated pools, outdoor recreation and a luxurious spa. With 5,289 acres and seven legendary bowls, Vail Resort is the largest ski resort in the nation, welcoming skiers and snowboarders from all over the world. We invite you to stay with us and discover why Vail continues to top ski resort polls year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vail Marriott Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Vail Mountain Hotel Vail
- Marriott Vail Mountain Resort And Spa
- Vail Marriott