1,225 results
All reviewsavalanche pubresort feeski valetplatinum memberski shopcharter sportsindoor poolmountain resortlionshead areavalet serviceper dayan upgradebreakfast buffetmountain viewski bootsfree shuttlehot chocolate
Reviewed 18 July 2015 via mobile

The location is beautiful! My job sent my family and I here for a few days. The scenery is something you won't find many other places. The city of Vail...is another story...EVERYTHING costs money..and not just nickel and dime..we r talking big bucks..so...if your job is paying..it's great! The additional costs for you to enjoy anything in the area with your kids will brake your wallet. The rich people or the people pretending to be rich will probably ruin the experience..that is how we felt anyway.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rachel Q
Reviewed 13 July 2015

I took the family up for a summer get away and had a really good experience. The only issue was with the guy at the front desk who checked us in. When I asked for a mountain view, he was quick to let me know that I was staying on points and that there were plenty of others in front of me. Don't speak down to someone using points for a stay; it's one of the reasons that I've been loyal to your brand for 20 years. On the good side, literally everyone else was fantastic, friendly, and very helpful. The folks in the bike shop and store were the best; be sure to rent a bike from them while there. It's a very short walk to the gondola, and Vail Mountain in the Summer is fantastic. As I always mention, water pressure was solid, and the room was very clean.

Room Tip: Mountain view
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2015

Customer service was excellent. Location was close to everything. We were waiting for local bus and one of the employees drove by in a Marriott car and offered to take us to Vail Village. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

1st off, let me say that the location of this hotel is wonderful. The free Vail bus, stops right in front of the Marriott.

Cons:
The rooms are super, super small and are in need of major updating. The carpet, drapes and furniture appears 20 years old. Carpet this old is gross. The drapes are torn and had a cigarette burn on it. The whole hotel feels very dark. No special amenities or concierge level for platinum members. I felt sorry for the cleaning staff. As I waited for the elevator at 8:00am, a housekeeper was clearly shy about knocking on a door to clean a room. It's too early to start cleaning.
I'm glad we used points for our room. I would have been upset if I paid for this drab, outdated room.

Pros:
The rooms were clean and we certainly appreciated the location. The bike valet guys were amazing!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Brett S, Manager at Vail Marriott Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Vail Marriott Mountain Resort.

I am very sorry our current appearance was not what you had anticipated. We strive to maintain the highest standards, not only in service, but also with regards to maintaining the overall look and feel of the hotel. As you may have noticed, we are currently undergoing smaller projects to help update our look.

Although we fell short of meeting your expectations during your past stay, I hope you will consider Vail Marriott Mountain Resort on your next visit to Vail so that we can better deliver upon the guest experience you deserve.

Best Regards,

Ashleigh Castillo
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 8 July 2015

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel during last week of June-early July. It was so beautiful - inside and out. My room was very comfortable and quiet, and I loved being able to step out onto a private patio in a serene setting. The front desk staff was very helpful, friendly, and made me feel truly welcome. Housekeeping was excellent as well.

My only complaint was the food prices. I paid $5 for a bagel at the Starbucks counter but was aghast at paying $3.50 for a single banana.

For travelers not accustomed to the thin air in the mountains, I was very thankful for the humidifier provided in the room, as well as the complimentary water throughout the hotel - necessary to avoid dehydration at higher elevations.

Room Tip: I was on C level, convenient to the ballroom but far from the meeting rooms on the 2nd level.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business