1,230 results
All reviews avalanche pub resort fee ski valet platinum member ski shop charter sports indoor pool mountain resort lionshead area valet service per day an upgrade breakfast buffet mountain view ski boots free shuttle hot chocolate
Reviewed 7 October 2017

This hotel definitely had more pros than cons, but I did find a few of each. My pros, most of the staff were fantastic. I was there for a conference and the event staff were incredible. They all went above and beyond and I couldn't have been more impressed. The only disappointing encounter I had was the valet was a little short with me. I had never stayed at this property before, was coming in from a snow storm, and was trying to get my wits about me when I came in. He seemed irritated that I wanted to go in and check into the hotel first before I turned my car over. As far as the room, the beds were a little small (two fulls), one had a stain on the sheets, so I was glad to have had another bed to choose from, but it was very comfortable. The amenities in the bathroom (lotion, shampoo, etc) were clearly used by past guests, which was disappointing. The daily fees were also a little frustrating, but not uncommon amongst hotels these days. Having to pay a daily resort fee, valet fee, internet fee....it all really adds up. In all though, I would stay here again and really appreciate the great event staff!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Comfortable beds. Wish they were larger than double though. A little to small when you have 2 people sleeping. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Had a noisy refrigerator and they tried to fix it but ended up replacing it for us. Great location! Bus stops right in front but was also a nice, pretty, close walk into everything. Good walking paths! Noise level was low.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We went leaf viewing the family up in the Twin Lakes and Aspen areas. As we were heading home, the weather turned, people forgot how drive and the Eisenhower tunnels lost power. So no good way home. A quick call to Marriott and they got us in. The room was reasonably priced, the late-night staff was great, the room was clean, decent channels on the HDTV, and even soft towels ( I truly despise crunchy towels). The room was good-sized ( we have 4 kids) and never felt crowded. We had a a couple of extra requests for my son and the front desk, without pause or compliant, stepped up brilliantly. Heck, M. (who was working alone at the time), was very friendly the entire time and took care of everything. (This is the second time this Marriott (and it's late night staff) have saved my bacon on a trip to mountains.) I will be back with my family as they love the place.

Only thing to watch for is that soaps et al have rice in them, so if you have an allergy bring your own.

Room Tip: Ask for a view with a balcony. The staff knows which rooms are good.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2017

My wife and I stayed at this Marriott in Vail this last weekend. I'm a Marriott Awards member and enjoy their safe and clean environment. Although I will have to rethink my travel plans in the future as they slapped me with a $35 a day "Resort Fee". Compliment Gift on arrival.(A black bag that said Marriott), Local beer sample.(Never got it) Bike storage ( I dont have one)..this went on and on about all the things I don't want or need. Apparently I did not have a choice This is very deceptive as i signed up for a room which had a designated cost. Granted, they always charge a few taxes. But now I have to pay a resort fee of $35 per night for things I do not want. I can understand businesses getting greedy. But this seems unethical.

Room Tip: Ask about the Resort Fee and why you need to pay it; if your are not partaking in the services offered.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DanfromColorado
Keaton L, Manager at Vail Marriott Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Dear DanfromColorado,

Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for taking the time to talk about your recent stay with us. We understand that the Resort Fee can be an unwelcome charge when staying in a Resort town, but we are proud of the many amenities we include with our Resort Fee. These fees are stated in your booking, and your confirmation email, and they are standard fees that all guest's pay.

However, I do apologize that you did not feel the value of your resort fee, and I have forwarded this response to my Management Team as we are always looking for ways to improve our Resort Fee and make it more valuable for our guests.

If your travels bring you back to Vail, we hope you consider staying with us again so we can deliver the top customer service you deserve.

Warm Regards,
Keaton Luke

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Very nice room with the Jr Sutie upgrade. Terrific location and very accessible to Lionshead shops and to Vail Village shops and restaurants. Right at the base of the Mountain for access to Eagle Bahn. Don't miss the complimentary S'mores daily from 3p-5p on the patio!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple