“simba run condo”

Simba Run Vail Condominiums
Ranked #5 of 41 Speciality Lodging in Vail
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Nice place, friendly staff, they will provide you with anything that the condo unit might be missing that you need, they are very accommodating. There is a large heated indoor pool for days you want to stay in and take a ski break, or for kids to play around in at night, the shuttle is 5 minutes from lionshead, and the gondola. The units are all clean and have nice views, its quiet at night. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Simba Run Vail Condominiums

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Since my last review in 2010 It should be known that I have visited Simba Run 6 more times. I still maintain that this organization and facility is still "simply the best" as I described it in my last review of December 2010. As 191jasontrip reported earlier, there simply is no need to get into your car once you arrive in town. The shuttle is just wonderful. Not only is it convenient for the ski day, it's a safety feature for nights after dinner and drinks. All I do is call the front desk and tell them the establishment I am leaving. When I arrive at the designated spot, the shuttle is waiting for me -- all warm and cozy.

The staff is the most helpful I've encountered anywhere. It's like having a concierge at your beck and call. I do wonder if there is a breaking point for any of them because I have asked them to jump thru hoops for some special needs when I've been forced to coordinate business needs with vacation fun. They always come thru. Bridget, Vincent, and Jeffrey are kind, understanding folks that you see in the day to day operation. Farrow and Michele are the back room people that always seem to find me the unit that best meets my needs depending on the friends that will be joining me. It's kinda like the staff at my home condo complex. In fact, Simba Run is my home condo complex when I'm away to ski. There is no other choice for me.

The facilities are still maintained to the utmost degree. In fact, last summer the façade and windows were replaced. These new windows are so soundproof you actually have to open the sliding door to hear what the wind is doing. It's hard to find something to improve, but they did it with this project.

I'll be back again, and again, and .....

Room Tip: Be sure to talk to Michele and describe your needs. She'll be able to do a better job of matchi...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank fxfoster
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We have stayed several times at Simba Run for ski trips over the holidays and summer trips in July. The location is perfect; close to all the skiing and the grocery/wine shops. The staff is so helpful and accomodating, especially in arranging preferred activities. Michele and Jeff are very easy to work with. We'll be back in August!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We just returned from a week at Simba Run 02/15/14 with our 4 1/2 yr old daughter and our close friends along with there 5 yr old.We would like to thank Managment Farrow & Michele along with the Simba staff for a Epic trip for our children's 1st introduction to boarding and skiing.We simply arrived and put the car in the garage & utilized the shuttle service at Simaba the entire trip, it saved us the hassle of loading up everyday , especially when everyone had there own agenda/venture .Our Condo was spotless and the pool and spa was such a perfect end to a perfect day on the mountain.I would also like to thank Jeff at the front desk for taking our calls while on the road and
Relaying road conditions on the way up, we would have been stuck behind a jack knifed Semi for 2 hours without his help .We are already planning our stay for next year at Simba!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I recently suffered a severe knee injury while skiing at Breckenridge. The injury required surgery and, because it occurred on a Friday afternoon, we were having difficulties in getting the surgery scheduled quickly. On a Saturday morning, we made a non-refundable reservation at Simba Run for the upcoming Monday-Wednesday to correspond with the Tuesday surgery date we were able to secure in Vail. Roughly 60 minutes after making the reservation at Simba Run, we found out that we would be able to get into surgery that same day in Breckenridge and thus no longer needed the reservation. The fact that we made a non-refundable reservation notwithstanding, we were hopeful that Simba Run management would work with us i) because we cancelled the reservation so quickly after it was made and ii) the change was due to a medical emergency for which we offered to provide documentation. Unfortunately, Simba Run management decided that they wanted to capitalize on our misfortune and refused to provide any refund at all, only offering us another Mon-Wed stay before the end of ski season (clearly worthless because of my knee injury). Michelle was rude and dismissive in her conversations with us, showing not the slightest hint of an ability to construe an empathetic thought. There are many options for accommodations in Vail, including many with hard-working management teams that don't embarrassingly try to exploit personal misfortune. Please keep this in mind before making a reservation at Simba Run.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank wjwustl
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We spent Christmas 2013 in a Simba Run unit (1104). The owner was more than helpful in providing information prior to our visit and provided recommendations on spas which my spouse absolutely loved and she also sent us a link to discounted lift tickets.

While we didn't need much assistance during our stay, the Simba Run staff was helpful when asked. There is a good stock of complimentary energy bars at the front desk. Our particular unit was equipped with top end appliances which we used extensively as we ate in most evenings since we were tired from skiing. We also took advantage of the Weber gas grill. Beds were comfortable and easily accommodated all 5 of us, including 3 teenage/adult young men. We never wanted for linens, paper towels, dishes, utensils, etc. They even had us well stocked with tons of Kleenex tissues as we had plenty of runny noses from the cold.

Our unit was right off the front desk, but well hidden behind a decorative wall. The large pool, hot tubs and Starbucks coffee/hot chocolate machine, which we used extensively, were 30 seconds away. Our WiFi access was excellent and I think our proximity to the front desk area helped this.

We did not have a vehicle, so we had to rely on the shuttles. This was never a problem, except when trying to return from the slopes at closing time. We quickly adapted to this by modifying our schedule. The closest slopes are a 5 minutes shuttle ride away. Our snowmobiling excursion was less than 10 minutes from Simba Run. This was our first trip to Vail and were glad that we did not stay in Vail Village, but were thankful that we could get there quickly.

Overall, a memorable stay and we would stay at Simba Run again without hesitation.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We have stayed at Simba Run about 4 times. Every time has been Great. No problems from booking the place, No problems while we are there
Shuttles take you ans pick up up from slopes to grocery store. If your condo doesn't have something you need. They will find it for you.!!

We love staying here.
Deb lorberbaum

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Deb L