“Simba Run 2302”

Ranked #5 of 41 Speciality Lodging in Vail
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Simba Run 2302”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Had a very nice stay at Simba Run unit 2302. This unit has been remodeled recently and the entire buildings have had a major window replacement project completed last fall. This unit is a corner unit offering views of Mountain and is conveniently located near the shuttle bus that takes skiers to the lifts.
The remodeled kitchen made eating at home a pleasure with new appliances and granite counter tops. Being an end unit made for a quieter experience and not having any units above added to enjoying quiet nights in front of the fireplace.

Room Tip: Unit 2302 had great mountain views and was located very close to parking garage entrance as well as...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank str8edge3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

This place was perfect for what we needed. We stayed in #2304 2B 2B. The kitchen was fully equipped. Access to the garage was right down the hall. Gave us storage for our equipment. The shuttle was amazing, just one call away. The nicest drivers. Plenty of space for the 4 of us In the condo. The view of the mountain was nice. The only bad thing was the wifi, it was horrible, always going in and out. Whenever I come back to vail this is where ill be staying.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank jenbob746
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed 4 nights in #2317, a 2BR, 2BA unit very close to the parking garage. The proximity to the garage is what kept this review average and not negative. Checking in was simple, since the front desk is manned most of the day. First impression of the condo was favorable, very clean and lots of natural light throughout. The kitchen was well equipped to handle long term stays and a grocery store is less than 2 miles away. The shuttle service to/from the slopes was excellent--very reliable and friendly.

The first hiccup we noticed was the wireless internet. Our condo was in range of 2 networks, one for each building, but neither of them provided the signal strength to stream music of surf the internet with ease. One of our group had to do a half day of work and grew very frustrated with the poor network. But then the second problem was noticed. On the first morning of our stay, the TV in the living room broke down. It was just its time to go I guess. After calling the front desk, the engineer that came by also concluded the TV was done for, and said we could have a loaner TV for the duration of our stay. Well, that TV never showed up. Normally, being on vacation without a TV isn't a bad deal but this was the first weekend of the NCAA men's basketball tournament and we wanted to follow along. Plus, the size of the living room TV was perfect for watching movies, so we were robbed of that luxury.

Overall, the comfort and convenience of the unit was above average, but the poor wifi and lack of TV help was a huge let down and we will not be recommending this place to friends.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

We booked our stay at Simba Run last minute through VailonSale.com and were very pleased with our stay. Our two-story, two bedroom condo was comfortable and cozy, with pretty much every convenience of home - even a fireplace with one bundle of wood restocked every day. The kitchen in our unit was lovely, with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. The bathrooms, while a bit on the small side, came stocked with small toiletries and a selection of sample items. Our unit had a king sized bed in the master as well as two beds in the second bedroom - it would have been a great set up had we brought our kids.

The staff were friendly and accommodating, and two of the shuttle drivers were very helpful with our dinner restaurant choice. The shuttle was very convenient, and it allowed us to leave our truck in the underground parking, away from the snow.

I'd come back here in a heartbeat.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Lovely 2 bedroom 2 bath condo on 2 floors with Mt. views. Location was close to Vail Village, Lions Head and food shopping. The shuttle was extremely convenient - always there in minutes whenever called. There was no housekeeping services except clean towels and trash removal. The internet in the rooms was usually non existent. Management was unresponsive to our request to have 2 broken lamps fixed or replaced.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jo-Anne W
Fort Salonga, New York
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Nice place, friendly staff, they will provide you with anything that the condo unit might be missing that you need, they are very accommodating. There is a large heated indoor pool for days you want to stay in and take a ski break, or for kids to play around in at night, the shuttle is 5 minutes from lionshead, and the gondola. The units are all clean and have nice views, its quiet at night. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
cape cod
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Since my last review in 2010 It should be known that I have visited Simba Run 6 more times. I still maintain that this organization and facility is still "simply the best" as I described it in my last review of December 2010. As 191jasontrip reported earlier, there simply is no need to get into your car once you arrive in town. The shuttle is just wonderful. Not only is it convenient for the ski day, it's a safety feature for nights after dinner and drinks. All I do is call the front desk and tell them the establishment I am leaving. When I arrive at the designated spot, the shuttle is waiting for me -- all warm and cozy.

The staff is the most helpful I've encountered anywhere. It's like having a concierge at your beck and call. I do wonder if there is a breaking point for any of them because I have asked them to jump thru hoops for some special needs when I've been forced to coordinate business needs with vacation fun. They always come thru. Bridget, Vincent, and Jeffrey are kind, understanding folks that you see in the day to day operation. Farrow and Michele are the back room people that always seem to find me the unit that best meets my needs depending on the friends that will be joining me. It's kinda like the staff at my home condo complex. In fact, Simba Run is my home condo complex when I'm away to ski. There is no other choice for me.

The facilities are still maintained to the utmost degree. In fact, last summer the façade and windows were replaced. These new windows are so soundproof you actually have to open the sliding door to hear what the wind is doing. It's hard to find something to improve, but they did it with this project.

I'll be back again, and again, and .....

Room Tip: Be sure to talk to Michele and describe your needs. She'll be able to do a better job of matchi...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends