“Perfect Family Condo in Vail”

Simba Run Vail Condominiums
Ranked #5 of 39 Speciality Lodging in Vail
Blaine
“Perfect Family Condo in Vail”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My family of 6 just got done staying here for a week. You really can't beat it for the price. Very Spacious, clean, good amenities and great location to Lionshead/ Vail. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Reviewed 17 August 2014

A 3-night visit to Simba Run Condos In Vail, Co. in Aug 2014 proved to be a terrific visit: reasonably priced, modern, clean, spacious condos, fireplace, stone's throw from Vail town center, parking outside the door, gracious and amiable staff (Jeffrey and Michele), large indoor pool, fitness room, sauna, steam room, free coffee, free DVDs, balconies, full kitchen & appliances, 1 or 2 bedrooms, -- what more can I say?

Simba Run is very quiet even with children as guests on the premises!

The fact I was staying in a private owner's residence rather than in a commercial hotel or facility was apparent from the home-like design and condition of the condo unit, as well as by the very friendly and helpful services of Desk Manager Jeffrey and Reservation Manager Michele. Just as good as or even better than home.

There are not many places to which I ear-mark to surely return, but Simba Run Condos will be my place of choice whenever I visit Vail.

Room Tip: Staff Michele and Jeffrey will accomodate any reasonable request you may have.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Moscow, ID
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed for 5 nights in mid-June for outdoor activities vacation. I booked and paid through a third party online travel site, and got a good rate. Check in was quick, no problems with reservation or billing. This was not a busy time of year for them, so the facility was not crowded. I would have rated it higher except for the incident described at the end.

I stayed in two different units while I was there: one night in one, four nights in another. Because it’s a timeshare, each unit was a little different in terms of décor and level of upkeep. One was more updated than the other, newer carpet, etc., and less wear and tear. Both were reasonably clean. Each was a 2-level, two-bedroom unit with a full kitchen, living room, dining area, washer/dryer, and patio. The patio was nice, but generally too noisy due to traffic on I-70; view of trees and partial view of mountains. The unit was generally clean, comfortable, and well-equipped. The property seems to be designed for families with children. There is one bedroom upstairs with a full or queen bed and its own bathroom, and the second bedroom has single and/or bunk beds. Definitely not a place for couples or other groups of adults who want their own room, which I did not realize when I booked it. The “family friendly” theme includes kids running in the halls and yelling.

The property in general is showing wear and tear. They have a garage for parking, which is nice, but a lot of the lights inside were burned out, so it’s kind of dark. Pool looked ok, though I didn’t use it. Fitness facilities are important to me, and theirs was very substandard: small, cluttered, only one cardio machine (treadmill), but good selection of weights and weight machine. Fortunately the weather was good and I was able to do a lot of outdoor activity, so I didn’t need to use it. The bike/pedestrian path runs right along the property, which I liked. I walked into Lionshead and Vail Village a few times along the path. There is also a pretty good local bus system, though the service is more limited in the summer.

There are two grocery stores nearby, along the Frontage Rd, so it was easy to stock the kitchen for my stay. The unit received light housekeeping each day. Internet was available and worked well, although I had to go to the front desk to get the password because they had not left login information in the unit. I never turned on the tv so don’t know anything about the quality that service.

The primary reason for the low rating is an incident that occurred during my stay. Maintenance men had to deal with an issue while i was there. They arrived in the morning, just as I was leaving for the day. When they arrived they propped open the door to my unit. When I returned in the afternoon, the door to my unit was still standing open – they had left my room open all day, unattended. I immediately called the front desk and reported it, and also reported it when I checked out. The response – nothing!! A simple apology would have been nice. Guest security is not a priority at this place. On the positive side, no one took my stuff.

Overall, I was comfortable in the unit, and it had everything I needed. But I wouldn’t stay here again because they are careless and indifferent about guest security, and there are plenty of other options in Vail.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank roam-ID
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The condo was spacious and clean, the facilities were lovely and the added extras really make a difference. Location was a little out of the way during summer - buses into Vail town only ran every hour, but the walk was not epic. It would have been nice for staples to be provided (cooking oil, salt and pepper, sponges etc.).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Irvine, California
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Based on your website and offer during the labor day Jazz Festival I was considering a stay at your property. I was disappointed when I called the the woman was obviously frustrated by simple questions like room view and size, not so much by her words but by her tone of voice.

You can tell a lot by the environment of a property by the staff tone of voice. I think I'll pass.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank dadmjm
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The family and I have stayed at Simba Run for the 2nd summer in a row now and we absolutely LOVE it! The condos are beautiful and so comforting and are totally equipped with everything you need to make your stay feel like you're right at home. The front desk staff is so friendly and my kiddos loved the free movie kiosk in the lobby, of course they only used it at the end of each night after the pool closed because they were like little fish wanting to play in the pool during the day. The pool area is spacious, clean and has a bbq grill outside by the outdoor hot tub that I thought was really nice and convenient. I loved that the pool was never crowded and loud and that my family and I were able to enjoy ourselves there. Usually when you're on vacation, the last place you want to be is in your room because you'd rather be out exploring but I have to say that we actually considered our condo and the resort itself to be the best part of our staycation. Luckily this resort is conveniently close to a grocery store, some fast food places, and pretty much everything else you'd need. Our last night in Vail we decided to make a nice big dinner in our condo which was so nice, and being able to sit out on our patio with a glass of wine with a view of the beautiful mountains afterwards was absolutley priceless. We will continue to make Simba Run a yearly tradition, no matter how big our kids get.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 5th floor (the highest) this last time around, and it was a 2 story condo which...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Rooms/bathrooms are simply ok, everything is clean

Living room and kitchen are better than the rooms, fully equiped kitchen, TV didnt work really well.

We enjoyed our 3 night stay, no complains.

They renovaiting some rooms, so if you go ask for a renovated room.

Stayed July 2014