This was our first stay at the sitzmark booked thru vail.com. We had a very enjoyable stay. For comparison we have stayed at the Lodge Tower, Sebastian and Tivoli.
Check in / check smooth
Room (standard with 2 queen beds) was spacious. We faced the mountain side and had sunshine into room from noon on everyday. Some folks like the river side but in winter we really like the sunshine. The memory foam beds were nice to try. We neither loved or hated them. They were fine.
Our room was on the second floor which meant we didn't need to use the elevator which we really liked.
Very convenient ski lockers at the front of the hotel. Lots of room and it is heated. We found that the location of the hotel even with ski boots was convenient enough that walking to the gondola at the beginning and end of each day not an issue (and we are a little soft).
It is always nice to have breakfast including with the room. We found breakfast to be good, especially the make your own waffles. We would have liked to see the addition of a little more hot food such as eggs or premaid porridge but not certain the kitchen facilities could support.
At the end of each day a crock pot full of soup is set out for returning skiers. We think this a nice touch but would much prefer to have cookies.
Bonus #1 - each monday nite the owners host a wine and cheese party in the owners suite between 5:30 and 6:30. We generally don't socialize too much but decided to attend. It was very cozy and relaxed. We had a really good time.
Bonus #2 - one of the owners works at the front desk area occasionally and she brings her beautiful golden retriever to work. She allowed us to take her for a walk. We actually ended up walking on a roadway with some stunning houses between vail village and lionhead. We love dogs and this was great for us.
Areas for improvement albeit minor besides the cookie issue.
* the front desk person sits behind a wall. we believe that if the front desk staff was moved into plain sight, it would feel like we were not bothering that person so much when we had questions.
* we left the hotel at 6:45 and the front desk was still not open. we just had to drop off the keys so no issue, but if we had additional charges, this would have posed a problem.
It would seem many many guests are repeat customers which is always a good sign. The Sitzmark is a hotel we would certainly consider staying at again. Some of the finishes and fine details are not that of a place like the sonnelp, but for the perfect location, overall experience and cost -- this place is hard to beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Vail Village on the banks of Gore Creek, the Sitzmark Lodge is in Vail's famous European-style pedestrian shopping/dining district and steps from Gondola One. Family-owned and operated, our accommodations, service and staff will offer a personalized stay that is sure to make you feel like you are coming home. Your stay includes our Continental Breakfast, free onsite parking, WiFi, and no resort fees. During the winter season we offer apres ski hot soup and mulled wine in our lobby and a Monday evening wine and cheese reception with the owners in their penthouse apartment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HRS so you can book your Sitzmark Lodge at Vail reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sitzmark Lodge At Vail Hotel Vail