“Great Hotel in Great Location”

Sitzmark Lodge at Vail
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Denver, Colorado
“Great Hotel in Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

This hotel is in a great location near the center of Vail Village. Parking was available in the basement under the hotel and included in the price of the room. The room we had was a large standard hotel room with a great view of Gore Creek, the International Bridge and mountain range from our terrace (see photos). The room was very clean with small refrigerator, flat screen TV and free wi-fi. Free self-serve breakfast available each morning -- waffles, cereal, bagels, fruit, yogurt, coffee, juice, etc. Great rates and great location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Gore Creek.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DenverDenny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

This place really has a lot going for it.

For starters, its location is probably as good as you'll do in Vail. You're literally no more than two minutes away (by foot) from great restaurants, bars, and wonderfully scenic views all over the place.

Yes, parking can be a bit of a pain (I went in the fall, so it's got to be hell in the winter), but that's usually the one thing you have to compromise if you want the best location and walking accessibility (which, I think, for this town, it's worth it).

The service, like I said, is excellent. It's not overly formal or anything like that, but the staff are tremendously nice and helpful. I told the girl who was working the reception on a Sunday morning that I wanted to go out on a bike ride around town (it was the most beautiful fall morning that Earth was ever graced with) to see if she knew of any places that were open to rent a bike. Apparently, the one place she knew either didn't open on Sunday or opened a bit later than I wished, so she offered that I take her personal bike. No, I didn't have to give her my cell phone or even my license as collateral.

To make a long story short, I biked a few miles and then got a flat tire. I was really embarrassed with her, but she told me not to worry about it. I wouldn't have any of it, so I gave her some money, but it was after some resistance on her part.

Bottom line: they will go out of their way to make sure you have a good time at this place. They were also spot on with their restaurant and bar recommendations, by the way.

As for our bedroom, it was perfectly clean and very agreeable. The TempurPedic mattresses were great. No complaints whatsoever in that sense. The view was a pool view, but add some Colorado fall foliage to the mix, and now we're talking about a killer deal.

The only thing I'd say I wasn't too pleased with is the breakfast thing. The buffet they had going (if you can call it that) was pretty pedestrian. Certainly beneath every other aspect of our experience at the hotel. For all other purposes, however, I could not have been happier with our stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Rochester Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I arrived in your hotel Friday, May 2nd. As an in-shape younger guy I am used to feeling pretty healthy, although by the time I got to Vail had terrible altitude sickness. Nick, at the front desk, was extremely helpful. He gave advise, without making it an official diagnosis. He gave me a map to the medical facility, a little bottle of oxygen, and the name of a concierge doctor. It was an uncomfortable experience feeling sick while travelling alone, and he really calmed me down.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
louisville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

My wife and I very much enjoyed our brief stay at Sitzmark Lodge. The rooms were well decorated and very clean. We had a beautiful view of the creek. Our only disappointment was because we couldn't stay longer. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a nice benefit in the morning. The size of the lodge allowed easy access to the amenities. I would highly recommend this lodge to anyone traveling to or passing through Vail. I'm sure we'll return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Vail
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

My wife and I had a relaxing get away during Vail's off season. The hotel was at an extremely reasonable rate, especially considering the location (right in the village) and quality. We are hoping to return and will definitely consider the Sitzmark again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I travel more than 18 hours each way every year since 2008 in winter to reach the Rocky Mountains in Co, USA, just for skiing. This was my first time staying in Vail with my family from NYC. We were a party of three adults and a child of two, and we stayed in Vail for 9 nights last mid March. Fortunately The Sitzmark Lodge was perfect regarding what we were looking for!

This is an old, lovely family-owned, spotless, quiet and very well maintained and updated 3 star lodge, not a hotel with permanent bellmen and filled with frigobar snacks; lodge is the concept, not regular hotel service. If you are looking for glitzy, this is not the right place.

The location is perfect, just in the middle of the iconic pedestrian Vail Village, only an easy short walk to Gondola One, gorgeous views, near to restaurants, shopping, cafes, and late night hot spots.

The owners do their best to improve the lodge and service, and make you feel comfortable. A nice touch: the Monday evening owner's cocktail party in their apartment on-site, with wine and cheese.

The staff is very friendly, special regards to Jenn, Andrea and Nick from the front desk, and the maids, all of them are nice and so deferential.

Our room was spacious and comfortable: two comfy queen beds with tempur-pedic mattresses, an additional roll-over for the baby, a table for dining, flat screen TV, iron, coffee maker/frig/safe, and an amazing balcony overlooking Gore Creek and north Vail mountains.

You can have a reloaded continental breakfast including bagels, different breads and pastries, cereal, boiled eggs, fresh fruits, coffee and espresso, tea, chocolate, juices and waffles for doing by yourself; in the afternoon, on your return from the slopes you can enjoy spiced hot wine and a different delicious soup each day.

Great facilities: you can take advantage of convenient ski storage and parking, the Left Bank Restaurant on site offers quality food and service as well; we didn’t use the hot tub and the pool, but they looked very well maintained.

Best regards to Helen, Bob, Jeanne & family, and congratulations for their 40th Season at the Sitzmark Lodge!

We will recommend to everybody, and look forward to seeing you next 2014-15 Season!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Gore Creek are wonderful
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

We chose the Sitzmark over a Condo in Lionshead and it was perfect for our family of 4. The room was spacious for Apres-Ski and it was centrally-located so the kids (13&16) could go to the candy and ice cream shop. All-day coffee, cold water and afternoon soup were delicious. The continental breakfast was fine. Within decent walking distance to Gondola One. The staff was wonderful. Video library entertained the kids and the hot tub and pool were well-maintained.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family