“Lovely Stay”

Sitzmark Lodge at Vail
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed 15 August 2010

We stopped for one night 28th June. Lovely view from room over the Creek and Mountains, wonderful balcony swimming pool. Excellent value for a central location in Vail this time of year. Pity there was no breakfast but this would probably put the price up. Recommend Starbucks for Coffee and Croissant. We watched a spectacular evening thunderstorm over the mountains from our balcony.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 August 2010

I recently spent one of the most enjoyable weekends of my life at The Sitzmark Lodge in Vail Colorado. I can't speak highly enough of this lovely family-owned lodge. All the employees went out of there way to assure their guests of a top-notch stay - and they succeeded admirably! My room had a balcony overlooking Gore Creek and I was hard-pressed to leave that beautiful surrounding to enjoy all the other places that Vail has to offer. My room itself was spacious (SO nice to have a small refrigerator and they thoughtfully provide two wine glasses) and extremely clean. Beds are very comfortable. All in all, I can't recommend The Sitzmark and staff highly enough. You won't be disappointed if you stay here!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank dohoff
Reviewed 23 October 2009

My wife and I have always taken the family 3-4 times a year on vacation to Vail. We just love it there. Our usual destination was closed recently for rennovations, so we decided to give Sitzmark a try. We loved it, and it is now our future destination point!
The huge bonus of our trip was that there is a bath and skin care store under the hotel called "MELT." My wife and daughter have always suffered from rashes and dry skin attributed to many hygiene products available at larger box stores. We have even tried higher end products from "Bath and Body Works"......same effect.
MELT is handmade in Colorado with all natural ingrediants. NO PARABENS! Their products are really fun too. They have the largest bath bombs that I have ever seen. They call them Fizzies. My kids won't take a bath without them now. Their products are available in all kinds of fun scents. My wife likes Circus of Pears, I prefer Sweet Rain and Solar Flair.
Since using their products, my wife and daughter's sensitive skin issues have totally cleared up. Their product is a little more expensive than Walmart's, but compared to the allergy speciallists PHD's that we have visited recently, a much, much cheaper alternative, plus I want the safest, purest product for my family.
Oh, yeah, the Sitzmark hotel itself was pretty darn nice too.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2009

The Sitzmark Lodge was perfect for a quick overnight stay while on our way home. It was great to have a balcony after being in the car all day! We wandered around the village which was totally covered in blooming flowers both in windowboxes and planters. I think summer is the best time in Vail. We had dinner up the street at Lancelot's as the restaurant at the Sitzmark was French. No issues w/the room or staff.....price was $119 which is reasonable for summer.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2009

I love this hotel. It seems like such a great little gem. We just stayed here for my sister's birthday and had a great time. Fair value for the room right in the center of town. Friendly staff and comfortable room. The parking was a little funny but well worth the hassle. They suggested we try sweet basil for dinner and even got us in for a birthday celebration which turned out to be the highlight of our trip.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2009

We stayed at the Sitzmark during slow season, and thus got a great rate, and what a wonderful room! The room's balcony was right on the "creek", which had become a rushing river from all the snow melt this time of year (late May). We could have sat out there forever. The lovely old hotel is spotless, everything in our medium-sized room seemed new. The location is perfect--right in the middle of the village--so you can walk everywhere. Breakfast is not included this time of year, but there are cafes close by. It's a family run establishment --everyone was friendly and very helpful. I would highly recommend the Sitzmark!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2009

I booked this based on the reviews I found on Trip Advisor. It lived up to all expectations. Location is awesome, right in Vail Village. The winter concert series was setup right in front of the hotel, we were able to watch the band from the pool deck. It's a little bit of a walk to the lifts but not too bad. Free parking and breakfast was great.
It's not fancy by Vail standards but it's a nice hotel, everything was clean and well kept considering people are tromping through in ski boots and gear all winter.
If it's your first time in Vail be prepared for outrageous prices, nothing is cheap.
Highly recommend stopping at the Safeway at exit 173 (I believe) for snacks, drinks etc....

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple