“Loved our stay”

Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Denver, Colorado
“Loved our stay”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Last minute get away for a couple of nights took us to Vail. Went to the visitors center, told them what we were looking for: nice hotel with workout facilities. Went to "Vail on Sale" and had it narrowed down to about 6 places & this lodge was highly recommended. We first had the street side room, but did pay a little more to get creek side which was worth it for the serenity. It has a great fitness center downstairs that many of the local people come to, steps from the heart of Vail. Great food, great rooms, nice & friendly staff! This would be my 1st choice when I return to Vail!

Room Tip: Creek side is more private & quieter than street side, they were doing construction on the stree...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed here for one night and loved it! It is conveniently located right across from the free Vail Village Parking. I suggest parking on the east side, and you should find yourself just about right across the street. This makes it much easier to get luggage in. The hotel is clean, friendly, and a wonderful place to stay. Location is great, because the bus stops right outside your door, and you are only about one block from entering the Village. We had a room overlooking the Gore Creek which was nice. The entire room was so comfortable, clean, and felt like home. The bed was very comfortable! The bathroom which included a deep tub, large shower and separate toilet room was also nice. White robes and slippers are included in your room. There was a complimentary breakfast which included fruit, toast, oatmeal, cereals, and juices. Very nice.

Room Tip: I would ask for a higher level room that overlooks the Gore Creek and ski lifts.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank nebrtravelor
FJohnsonVailMTNLodge, General Manager at Vail Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Vail Mountain Lodge. . .it's our goal to orchestrate memorable experiences, and we're always delighted to here that we're fulfilling that purpose! Please visit again soon. Frank Johnson
Encino
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I want to first say that this lodge is in a great location in Vail. It is very close to the bus stop, where complementary buses take you all around Vail. Most of the drivers seem to be very pleasant....well almost all of them.

The Lodge is right across from a parking structure where parking is free, so do not pay to valet park your car at the hotel....that is unless your loaded and couldn't care less.

The lodge was very pleasant, rooms were not overly large, but very comfortable. The beds were to die for....how do they get all those feathers into one mattress and make one feel like you are a king, or queen. There was a fireplace in our room, but we did not use it. The windows open, so you can get fresh mountain air into the room, if needed.

We did not dine here, but did try out their Happy Hour which was perfect for an early snack before dinner. I hear they have an incredible spa, but we did not partake in any of their free activities, or check it out being that we were only there for the night.

We did have a few problems with light bulbs, both in the bathroom. I would think the maid service would have seen that they were out. I reported it to the front desk upon checking out and they assured me it would be addressed.

Oh did I mention they have free snacks down stairs in their lobby....nice touch.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 1momo1
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I am writing a review on the spa not the hotel. I just received a 50 minute facial at the spa. Not only did my esthetician quit 5 minutes early, she left for 5 minutes DURING my facial to go and find some products she thought I needed to purchase. I didn't ask for any products. If I wanted to buy some of the spa products after my facial, I would ask her to show me them after, not during. When it was time for me to pay, I had to leave an 18% auto gratuity after this happened. I wouldn't expect someone to leave a $26.50 gratuity for poor service on a 50 minute facial. I would've expected better service from this spa.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Nikki J
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I travel a lot throughout the year and typically stay at various properties of the big 3's (Starwoods, Marriott & Hilton). This was my first trip to Vail and after doing a lot of research on TA I decided to book a room at VML based on the positive reviews and the prime location. I'm glad that I did. My stay was wonderful, the room was very plush and the staff was excellent. I can't say enough about how helpful they are from offering recommendations, to giving rides, etc. You really can't go wrong here and if I ever find my way back to Vail - I'll be returning here ASAP.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank seetheworldgirls
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

The best place to stay in Vail. The service was superb, staff were friendly and helpful. Room is beautiful, luxurious, immaculate, and I love the fireplace. Heated bathroom floor. Every detail has been thought about. Each room has a humidifier, Keurig coffee maker, refrigerator, and the housekeepers refilled the humidifier every day. For budget reasons, I did not have a mountain view, but the room was very quiet. I could not hear any street noise. Bathroom has makeup mirror (so helpful!) plus aveda products. I love the location - quiet, but just a few minutes walk to bustling Bridge street and the lifts. Health club is so convenient downstairs. It is big, clean, and has everything including wonderful spa services. Breakfast is great, and Terra Bistro also serves lunch, dinner, and happy hour with half price appetizers that are delicious. Staying here was a true vacation.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 874mindyk
FJohnsonVailMTNLodge, General Manager at Vail Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to evaluate your visit with us at the Vail Mountain Lodge. . .it's our purpose to "create memorable experiences" and it sounds like, in your case, we were successful. Please don't hesitate to connect with any of our staff if we can be of service to you in the future!
Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I read the reviews of others and compared amenities of several Vail hotels, and could'nt have been more pleased with all that VML has! Every gas fireplace and heated bathroom floor room comes with free gym access and breakfast, valet parking (for a fee) or very convenient across the street free parking, free shuttle to Vail Village, free wifi, and no additional resort fee! We rarely use the pool at past hotels, and after a day of whatever (skiing, shopping, driving), you really want a hot tub and/or sauna which is what VML provides! We will stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business