“Great Location, Athletic Club and Food”

Vail Mountain Lodge
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Location, Athletic Club and Food”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We were thrilled to stay at the lodge. A good value! Great Location! Even though the rooms didn't have a/c we thought the rooms were comfortable, clean and staff was very good. The athletic club located in the lower level was professionally managed and had lots of free exercise classes and every piece of equipment you would ever need for your workout. After working out each morning we would have the complimentary brunch which was over the top. Dinner at Terra Bistro inside the hotel was also excellent

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New York
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Centrally located, a good value.

First room was sweet but so small, so they changed it to a more spacious room.

Service was good, and having a great gym on the premises was a real plus, but the people in the spa needs to communicate better. First time I didn't have to sign anything before a massage.

Also was a drag not to have ANY place to sit in the sun outside in the summer. I understand that property is expensive in Vail, but really!!!!

All in all a great value-- nothing spectacular but a good, clean choice with very good service.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 7 August 2014

After reading the previous reviews on this hotel I was looking forward to a short getaway. Unfortunatley it was not a pleasant experience. I will start by giving credit where it is due...the staff is very accomodating and friendly, Excellent service there. The carpet in the pet friendly room that I was in was so dirty I was not comfortable taking off my shoes. Secondly there is a private owner on this floor that apparently works with art. When my dog and I came off of the elevator there was art work spread throughout the hallway and while they rolled it up so we could walk by I was made to feel like our presence was definitely an inconvenience, very rude group of people. I would have been more than happy to wait patiently if I had been shown any sign of courtesy...Treat others as you would like to be Treated is always a good rule of thumb. I did request a full refund, which I was granted and I drove back to Denver.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
FJohnsonVailMTNLodge, General Manager at Vail Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your story with us. . .I'm sorry that I was not available to intervene in your conversation with the private owner that you encountered. Clearly their response to your being there was inappropriate, and I apologize for that! I'm glad that our staff dealt with your dissatisfaction in a manner that was acceptable to you. We were able to schedule a thorough carpet cleaning in the room you mentioned prior to the next guest visiting. There's no excuse for the rude behavior toward you, and I hope you'll give us the opportunity to be your host again so we can show you what real hospitality is all about!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at a # of hotels in Vail over the years and this was definitely the best so far considering amenities and price. The rooms were tasteful, roomy, clean, and updated. The restaurant is always terrific and the Appy Hour can't be beat. Access to the 18000 sq ft spa ( even all day after checkout) is a huge perk and the hot tubs were stainless and clean. There are 2 and each is set to a different temp. No pool but I didn't find that to be a problem. Free parking is available in the city garage directly across from the main entrance ( all day in summer and I think after 3 in winter). There really isn't much of a view but we were creek side and the running water had a very pleasing sound. My most recent stay prior to this weekend was at the Arrabelle which is beautiful but, for the price and amenities, I would stay here at the Vail Mtn Lodge anytime. It is also dog friendly which is terrific for those close enough to bring their pets.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EBell22
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I was recently in Vail with my husband who was suffering with altitude and allergy issues. The staff was quick to find us a hotel with air conditioning and willingness to return our deposit. Due to their assistance we were able to enjoy the rest of our stay in Vail. Thank you to both Molly and Adam.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words about our staff members and their attention to finding accommodations for you that better suited your needs. We love for people to acknowledge the personalized service that we're famous for. Hopefully, the next time your travel plans include Vail, the air conditioning situation won't be a factor, and you'll keep the Vail Mountain Lodge at the top of your list,
Lynn Haven, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Very clean and comfortable place to stay in Vail. Quiet, pleasant and helpful staff, and great amenities. We plan to come back to Vail and this will be our choice if they have any openings because right now they are booked through Winter months.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RFriedlieb
globetrek337
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We loved our stay, this was the first time we have visted Vail, and as a family of 4 we still talk 6 months later about this great holiday.

The room was amazing, 3 bedrooms with Kitchen, and after hitting the slopes it was just the most comfortable condo to return too.
Restaurant and location was brilliant, including the breakfast and staff. We will return here when ski Vail again...thumbs up

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family