“Awesome horseback ride in the hills of Colorado”
Review of Grey Wolf Ranch - CLOSED

Grey Wolf Ranch
More attraction details
Owner description: Grey Wolf Ranch invites you to taste, touch and feel our unique and authentic Colorado ranch experience. Enter the gates at Grey Wolf Ranch and begin an outdoor journey that will surely be remembered for a lifetime. At Grey Wolf Ranch, horses are our passion while our lodging is exquisite. Our equine programs deliver a totally unique horse experience, unlike any other. We offer hourly, half-day and full -day trail rides. The half- and full- day rides include a “cowboy” lunch stop along the trail. Grey Wolf Ranch offers all-inclusive packages for family vacations, corporate retreats, romantic retreats and other special event occasions. Described as “rustic-elegance," our lodging facilities are brand new and offer all the modern conveniences. We look forward to spending time with you, your friends, family and colleagues at Grey Wolf Ranch!
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My wife & I visited Grey Wolf Ranch during our August 2013 visit to Cripple Creek. Daniel & Christine worked with us and really taught us how to ride a horse - not just follow others in a line. The scenery was absolutely amazing for our 3 hour ride. Their property is gorgeous! Someday soon we’ll go back and stay in the cabin or one of the beautiful rooms.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

The half-day I spent at the Grey Wolf Ranch was definitely the highlight of my Colorado vacation. The owners really love what they do, and they're good at it. This is not just a horseback-riding experience; it's a life-examining experience. I didn't get a chance to stay at the lodge, but it looked lovely. Don't miss out on this-- affordable, incredible, and life-giving.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

My wife and I brought our 3 daughters and my parents and had a wonderful time at GreyWolf Ranch. Our daughters are 6 yrs, 4yrs, and 15 months and the older 2 had so much fun learning to ride. Daniel gave them the communication tools in his "ring of fire" chat and Christine spent 25 hours with them over the 3 days we were there. These were full-spirited horses that Christine and Daniel have such an amazing relationship with. They are very safety-conscience and took great care with our girls. In not long at all, they were able to ride unassisted and had never ridden before. We felt so welcome at their ranch and thoroughly enjoyed our time. We count Daniel and Christine as freinds and will stay in touch. In closing, I settled on Grey Wolf ranch after spending time eliminating 15 other options and we couldn't have been more pleased with our experience. If you've managed to discover Grey Wolf Ranch and are considering booking with them, just do it!

2  Thank Tyson J
Reviewed 24 August 2012

My boyfriend surprised me with a night at Grey Wolf Ranch for my birthday. It was the best birthday present I could ask for! The property is stunning, as is all their facilities. We rode for four hours the first day. We had a nice peaceful lunch in the woods. Christine was a wonderful, knowledgable guide. I've ridden much of my life and still learned so much from her. The three of us had a spectacular ride. She allowed us to choose the pace of the ride which was a blast! Galloping up some of the most beautiful country side and treversing the rocky aspen tree covered hills... It was better than I expected! Grey Wolf is not your average tail to head walking group ride. We had a yummy BBQ with Christine and Daniel, two of the most welcoming people you will ever meet! Then my boyfriend and I drove the short 15 minutes to Cripple Creek and gambled and had fun. We spent the night in the cabin at the ranch which was magnificent! Every little detail was so well planned out and beautiful. The shower is unbelievable! Possibly my favorite part of the cabin :). The next morning we rode with Christine for two hours. The love that Daniel and Christine have for the horses is amazing. My boyfriend and I try to do a trail ride every vacation and this one was the best so far. The horses are so well cared for and loved. I was sad to leave Grey Wolf. It truly is a magical place. We highly recommend it and can't wait to go back!!

1  Thank ErinS123
Reviewed 13 August 2012

A broken woman arrived yesterday at the Grey Wolf Ranch to the care of Christine, Comanche, and Daniel. After years of endless devotion to a man she loved he recently decided he just didn't love her anymore. Her life before that was every child's' worst nightmare and through those dark and fearsome years it was her love of horses and learning to work with them that not only kept her safe but loved. Now years later in her darkest hour she has found that safety and love once again. My name is Eve and I have found my sanctuary in the Gray Wolf Ranch. The love, compassionate understanding, and passion for life is so saturated in every corner here that I found it very difficult to want to leave. Christine, with her bright eyes and radiant personality to match, found me right away a bit lost and timid upon arrival. She immediately made me feel welcome and at home. As it is I am generally a very confidant woman, today I was thrown back to the days of my childhood when I would run away from life to the safety of a soft kissable muzzle and deep steady breaths of my equine soul. Christine took me first before allowing me to simply bury my tears in a mane and showed me that I was still strong and that I still had much to learn. I was humbled by the patients and overwhelming understanding that is all but lost in this world today. After reminding me of who I am she introduced me to my beautiful mount Comanche, who so reminded my of my beautiful ChessyBay (the sweet 2 YO that as I trained to have a rider taught me the depths of love... she saved my life). He was magnificent. Comanche welcomed me right away as if we had known each other forever. As I groomed him and readied him for our ride he remained ever steady and patient. I asked him that he bear with me as I learned him and him, me. The day was full of beauty not only in the lands around me but the sacred history that lay within. Through their combined wisdom, Christine and Comanche repaired a broken heart and Daniel reminded me that there is still so much beauty in this life as well as so much to be learned. Today I sit rejuvenated once more with a light heart and hope for tomorrow. If you are looking to find a way to reconnect your family and teach your children that there is so much more to living than video games, If you want to rekindle the flame of passion and love from the embers that burn, if your hurting or lost and are searching for that breath of life, or are so deeply in love and looking for that place to profess your heart, it is here. This place is truly magical and has become now and forever my place of solitude and peace. Thank you Daniel, Christine, and most of all Comanche. May peace be in your heart as it now is in mine. Until I see you again.