“Clean, comfortable, warm and great service”

North Park Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Walden
“Clean, comfortable, warm and great service”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We visit Walden every year to see Greater Sage-Grouse and have stayed at the North Park Inn faithfully every year because it is clean, comfortable warm and they give great service. I like the renovated older rooms as they have more character, and many have a kitchen too. I have personally inspected the new rooms, laundry and hot tub (available to all guests) and although I have not stayed in them, I know I would be equally comfortable in those too.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Dick F
north014, Owner at North Park Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dick, it is always a pleasure to see your smiling face. Thank-you for all the people that you send our way and for using us as for your lodging. See you next April.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Sherborne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed here recently, and our room was clean.

The kitchenette had a simple stove, a fridge, and a coffee machine. We had a mug to share for our morning tea, which was very cosy. The heater in the room was most efficient and soon warmed it up and made the bed feel dry and toasty.

The helpful owners provided us with two more pillows. If I am ever back in Walden, I'd certainly consider staying here.

Room Tip: Probably best to go for one of the newer rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
north014, Owner at North Park Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Thank-you for your business! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We passed through Walden on the way to snowshoeing up to Montgomery Pass yurts. After arriving at the parking area for the yurts we found that we had equipment problems and wouldn't be able to snowshoe up with heavy backpacks and decided we needed to change our plans and stay in Walden. We had food for 2 1/2 days and needed a place with a kitchen and found North Park Inn & Suites. So lucky! We were in room 23 - a small cozy 2 bedroom suite with a kitchen. Everything was very clean and tidy! The beds were so comfortable we felt as if we were staying in a high end hotel! The TV was mounted in a corner and had 100's of channels. A very nice stay in a cute little town!

Room Tip: Ask for what you want/need! Mangement was very nice, and I asked for some type of view and that'...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank joyfortraveling
north014, Owner at North Park Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank-you for your business! We are so glad that we could help you out. The kitchens are nice to be able to cook some meals and save money. Aren't the mountainviews just gorgeous? Hopefully we can help you out again in the future.
Cody, Wyoming
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Very impressed with this place! Our friends stayed in a new room. We were all impressed how fancy the rooms were for Walden. We stayed in one of the older rooms, because it had a kitchen , and the manager said the beds were brand new pillow-top. They were very comfortable! Both rooms were very clean. We even had everything in the kitchen to cook us all breakfast. It was nice that we all could sit in the hot tub and relax. We will be coming back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janice J
Thank-you for your business! Everybody is just raving about the new pillow-top beds and how comfortable they are. A lot of people are impressed with how nice our new motel is, and a lot of people like the older rooms with kitchens, so they can make some meals and save some money. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we will see you next time you come to Walden.
Johnstown, Colorado
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This was our fourth time staying here, every other time we never had a problem......Till now.
The pullout is like putting a bunch of springs on the floor and covering it with a tarp. After one night on the pull out couch I called the management and said there is no way I could sleep on the pull out, and asked if there was anything she could do for us. Her response was that thats how all pull outs are I asked her if she ever slept on one of their pull outs, or even laid on it to see how uncomfortable its was, she said she has not and doesn't plan on sleeping on one. I wouldn't let my dog sleep on theirs. She was very short and RUDE. Would not offer us any help at all, she also said when they travel with kids they never get a pull out because they are very uncomfortable. Then WHY do you have them in you hotel??? So we packed up and left also cancelled reservations we already had for presidents day weekend. But now that we asked around town for a better motel we found a gem, Antlers Inn. She should not be in a customer service business PERIOD...And the hut tub was green..

Room Tip: Stay st The Antlers Inn
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank pat p
north014, Owner at North Park Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Pat, we appreciate your business. I did offer to switch you to a room with 2 beds, but you decided to stay in the room that you had. The price would have been cheaper. You were only charged for 2 people, and you had 4 people in your room, which we charge $10 per additional person, so you got a discount of $120 total, so I'm not sure why you are saying that we didn't help you at all. I know when customers get upset they start saying things that aren't true. If you look at the pictures on our website of our rooms, you can tell that we take pride in our property, so I'm not sure why you said that our hot tub is green, because it is closeley monitored daily, cleaned, and chemicals are checked. We even called and apologized to you on the phone and told you that most pull-outs are not very comfortable, they are a pull-out, not a regular bed, but we did go purchase new memory foam mattresses for our 2 pull-outs that we have in our new motel. You even told us on the phone that you wrote things that weren't true, because you were so mad at the time. I wish you would have thought before you put this out there, because this is how we make a living.
Bologna, Italy
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I'm sorry and disappointed about my stay at the North Park Inn and I'm even more sorry to write this review since David, the owner/manager proved to be during the short chat I had with him a real gentleman and the kind of person you love to talk to.
I checked in in October 2013 for one night confident of the good reviews found on Tripadvisor. I was kindly shown two types of rooms and I opted for the one with the kitchen. The outside of the motel was nice and recently restored while the interiors were a little old and worn as if the outer part had been coated without intervening in the rooms. In any case it was fine to me. The kitchen was equipped with a real stove, a huge fridge, coffee maker and several pots, dishes and tools but no microwave. It would have been a good place and I would for sure rate it much better it it were not for the fact that when I went to bed I discovered the sheets showed several biological stains and hair. It was quite late and I didn't feel like complaining but I was definitely angry and disappointed. It's not my job blaming the management or the cleaning staff but I firmly believe that whenever a motel doesn't offer the assurance of a clean bed it should take full responsibility and accept the consequences. Would I recommend the North Park Inn? I don't know, maybe not or at least check the bed sheets first.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank d8889
north014, Owner at North Park Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Thank-you for your feedback. I am so sorry for your bad experience. It is very disappointing to hear a review like this, because we work very hard to keep our motel clean, and the sheets get changed after each guest checks out.
Littleton, CO
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This motel is a nice place to stay. The owners certainly go the extra mile to make sure their guests are accommodated well. Would recommend this motel! Even the older part has been updated and is quite comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joyce649

Been to North Park Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!