La Plaza Inn(Walsenburg)
US$131
US$66
US$99
Rio Cucharas Inn(Walsenburg)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbreakfast burritoroom was cleansouthern coloradobiscuits and gravymade to order breakfastmain buildingwestern hotelsconvenience storeplace to staybest westernsrefrigerator and microwavevery nice hotelbreakfast was excellentcomplimentary breakfastfront desk clerkhot tubnice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I had not stayed in Best Western for a long time but I was very pleased with this motel. I will be more inclined to choose this chain in the future. The room was on the small side for four people. The kids loved the indoor pool.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank James B
Reviewed 8 June 2014

A newer hotel, clean rooms, typical breakfast with bonus prepared hot dishes. Friendly staff. Wifi was poor not only in room wifi but also at their business centre. Not many places to eat in this town.

Room Tip: For better rooms stay in the two story newer building
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
bwrambler, General Manager at Best Western Rambler, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for your kind comments, I will let our cooks know that you enjoy the breakfast. I am glad to hear that my staff was friendly and helpful. I am sorry about the Wifi, we are still trying to work out some of the kinks.

Hope to see you again.
If we can be of any assistance, me or any of my staff would be happy to help you at the number below.

Diana Cupps
BEST WESTERN Rambler
457 US HWY 85-87
Walsenburg 81089
(719)738-1121

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Best overall value for money for a hotel during our vacation of 31/2 weeks. Best night spent out of approximately 17 nights in various hotels while on our trip. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants great value for their money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwrambler, Front Office Manager at Best Western Rambler, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience at the Best Western Rambler. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to make a positive mark on your long trip.

Heather L
Front Desk Representative
Walsenburg CO

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I booked this suite expecting to stay three nights; Left after one night. The check-in staff quizzed me why I wanted a suite with three beds. When I went to cool the room the wall A/C unit rattled and chugged, at least it worked. The room was described as a kitchen suite. It did have a full fridge and stove but no eating or cooking utensils,. the continental breakfast was little fruit pastries and coffee. Back at the room and we spy a large spider next to the bed. I was gonna kill it but said that's enough and went to check out. When she asked me was I leavin right away and they could sent in the clean up service I said no but you can send an exterminator and then a a/c repairman. The desk staff agreed to cancel the next two nights. I typically book Best Western but now I will think twice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwrambler, Manager at Best Western Rambler, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

I do apologize if I offended you in any way when I asked you as to why you had gotten that particular suite as it is equipped with three queen beds and thought I would be able to offer you the smaller kitchenette room with only the two queen beds in the new facility. But as it is on the second floor I understood that is why you chose the three queen kitchenette on the ground floor. I was only trying to aid you to a room that would best fit your needs. I again I did not mean to offend you. We no longer offer cooking utensils for the kitchenettes, they have been stolen in the past and most families bring their own.

We are aware that our outside units have antiquated A/C units and are in the process of upgrading them with new HVAC units.

As for the spider I am sorry. We are "rural" and we do have an pest service that comes out once a week and apologize that he had gotten past our defenses.

I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you may have had and we hope to improve as to better serve all our guests.

Diana Cupps
Front Desk Manager
BEST WESTERN Rambler

Reviewed 26 May 2014

When in Walsenburg, CO, you don't have many choices for hotels. This is probably the best hotel in the town! We had a group staying there for a funeral, so had many rooms and guests. You wouldn't be able to do that anywhere else in town. The staff were very accommodating, even allowing us to occupy the breakfast room for a family dinner after hours!! The rooms were great, the pool could use some better air flow, but other than that, it was all good!!

Room Tip: Interior room are preferred
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jgalis
bwrambler, Front Office Manager at Best Western Rambler, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for your review!
I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we could make your stay more accommodating. We hope to see you soon hopefully for different reasons.

Heather