La Plaza Inn(Walsenburg)
US$131
US$71
US$99
Rio Cucharas Inn(Walsenburg)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbreakfast burritoroom was cleansouthern coloradobiscuits and gravymade to order breakfastmain buildingwestern hotelsconvenience storeplace to staybest westernsrefrigerator and microwavevery nice hotelbreakfast was excellentcomplimentary breakfastfront desk clerkhot tubnice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Our room was really small, smelly and beat up. Wall unit air conditioner that smelled. Breakfast was meager. They were out of everything. Yes, I see people rave about some lady who makes biscuits and gravy. I just wanted a yogurt and a bagel. I settled for a piece of stale wheat bread with cream cheese. Our room was old and outdated. There was not enough seating and we were directed down the hall to a conference room in disarray. Apparently, this was also the babysitting room as there was a child unattended watching cartoons. Strange. Well below Best Western standards. Owner is definitely cutting corners.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the new building. Perhaps that is a better bet. I am a rewards member and they stuck me in the shacks.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
bwrambler, Front Office Manager at Best Western Rambler, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you did and did not like about your stay with us.

I apologize that you did not like the breakfast, there should have been fresh bread, yogart as well as the hot special available for you. We do not offer cream cheese so I am a bit confused, however I am sorry you did not enjoy your breakfast.

When there are too many people in the breakfast area we guide guests to sit in the lobby to eat if they would like, again I am confused on the " conference area" portion of your review as we do not have a conference room.

On behalf of Best Western Ramlber in Walsenburg I do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. It is important to us that every guest have the best experience while staying with us and I am sorry you did not.

Heather L
Front Desk Representative
Walsenburg, CO

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Friendly, helpful staff; room was average but clean and roomy. Air conditioner was noisy. Breakfast was better than average with hot food. Swimming pool was great and fitness room was adequate. Awkward to enter the property since the access is via a gas station.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwrambler, General Manager at Best Western Rambler, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2014

Thank you for your nice review. Our parking lot was not always like that, but when things get changed we adapt.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was very tired & decided to spent a night on my business trip. when i arrived at Hotel the lobby was welcoming & staff was very friendly. I have stayed at many places for business & personal vacations. This is one of the Best places i have stayed in a long time. I would stay here again & recommend to my friends & family to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for your kind review. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

If you stay here make certain you are booked in a room in the NEW building. My wife and I stayed here the last of June 2014 and we were booked in a room in the OLD section.
Our room was dated but we're aren't living there so I didn't care. I want clean, quiet and affordable and BW usually fits that bill. Usually. But this time they failed miserably. Our room (I assume all rooms in the old section) was equipped with an old window unit looking air conditioner that was mounted/built into the back wall. It did not work. Management must know this because when I went to the desk to change rooms (none available) they never offered to have anyone come look/check it out but the clerk did tell me that they have a portable a/c but it was "being used in another room." SO NOW WE KNOW THEY HAVE MORE THAN ONE ROOM WITH NON-FUNCTIONING A/C UNITS. If we had read reviews before booking our room we would've seen other complaints. Lesson learned.
We were given a fan to use but that does little good when you are closed up in the room. Fortunately these old rooms have crank open style windows about 6ft up. I moved a cabinet to that wall and put the fan on top of it to draw in outside air. We got cooler deep into the night.
Had we not been meeting up friends we would've demanded our money back and kept driving. Speaking of which, our friends had not pre-paid as we did and they were put in the new section where everything worked fine. My wife asks if you prepay are you put in the old section without an a/c? Who knows. The carpentry cost and replacement of those relic a/c units built into the wall must be astronomical which might explain why they haven't been replaced.
I wrote a letter to corporate but have never heard back. I'm not surprised but then I never expected to hear back. A week later we stayed at Best Western Santa Fe in Amarillo. We made sure everything in the room worked before we paid. The clerk gave us a discount after hearing what happened to us in Walsenburg. At least some people still believe in good customer service! That woman rocks!
IF YOU STAY AT BEST WESTERN IN WALSENBURG, BE SURE YOU ARE BOOKED IN A ROOM IN THE NEW SECTION IF YOU WANT A WORKING A/C. OTHERWISE, YOU MIGHT BE OUT OF LUCK.
Hope this helps you out. Good luck.

Room Tip: If you are towing a trailer, you'll be parking in the front lot. Try to get a room facing toward the highway so you can keep an eye on your rig.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

I am very sorry that you didnt not have an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us. We have since replaced most of our outer units with new HVAC units, we have also replaced some staff.

Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We have been overnighting at the Best Western Rambler, usually 2--4 stays a year, for many years, from well before it was remodeled. The original rooms (ground floor, in the back) look dated on the outside but are large, well-appointed, and comfortable. The newer rooms are in a two storey building which houses the lobby, breakfast room, and pool. There is also a small room with a computer and printer, and I believe there is WiFi. Parking is very convenient. Although the original nice little restaurant is gone, the hotel provides a complementary hot breakfast, along with serve-yourself cereals, coffee, pastries, waffles, juice, and fruit. There is a combination KFC/Taco Bell and also a gas station adjacent to the hotel, and access to Highway I-25 and Highway 550 is easy.
The Rambler has always appeared clean and neat and in good repair. I find the beds comfortable, and the staff is excellent. Walsenburg does not have many hotels, and not all accept pets, so this BW has become a favorite stopping place on visits to Denver.

Room Tip: We like the older section in the rear, with parking outside the door. But all the rooms are convenient to the lobby and dining area.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
bwrambler, Front Office Manager at Best Western Rambler, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for your review!

I am glad you have returned to our hotel over the years and watch as we continue to grow. The remodel was a big improvement but I know some of our guests do miss the Rambler restaurant that we had. We are happy to provide you with breakfast and a clean comfortable room over the years.

We hope to see you again soon!

Heather L.