“fantastic getaway”

Cottonwood Suites Westminster
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The room was so clean! The customer service was incredible! i could not believe how nice everything was for such a great price. the bed was so comfortable. i was so excited that i was able to bring my dog! i was also so excited that the hotel is close to everything i could need.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ken L, Manager at Cottonwood Suites Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you so much for posting such a positive review about our hotel, and our hotel staff. We strive to deliver the best guest experience possible, and we are very greatful for you taking the time to let us know what we do so well, thank you for staying here at the Cottonwood suites.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I'm bummed to write this, but feel the need to let others know to beware. I reported the following issues to the staff. They were very apologetic and provided a refund, yet there were things that I'm not sure can be fixed. 1) Someone came to our room door at 1 a.m., rattled and shook the door handle. I could hear this happening all down the hallway....checking to see if anyone hadn't locked their door? 2) People propped open their room doors and blasted loud music. 3) People moved belongings in and out of their rooms between the room window and parking lot. 4) People tried to get in card-code-locked outside doors without a room key. 5) Black mold was present in our bathroom. 6) A group of people were consistently in and out of their car smoking drugs. I don't know much about that stuff, but I do know that it doesn't take a hand torch to light a cigarette.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Simone S
Ken L, Manager at Cottonwood Suites Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Good afternoon, on behalf of the entire Cottonwood Suites staff, I would like to offer an apology for the issues listed in your review. We here at Cottonwood Suites strive to provide a world class environment, for our guest which includes being a drug and smoke free property, as well as numerous security measures that are in place to ensure your safety while staying here with us. I would love to personally handle your future reservations with us to ensure your stay goes off without a hitch. Again thank you so much for letting us know what we can do better, we will strive to make sure your next stay is AWESOME! Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

There is nothing special about this hotel. I found it through an Expedia deal and it was close to the business I was interviewing with. The entrance and lobby area is small, and there is nothing but a coffee maker (no breakfast or anything special). The staff seemed disconnected and non interested, and it seemed like planning their smoke breaks was more important than helping me. The rooms are average, but the walls are thin (I could hear my neighbor's cell phone ring tone). The cleaning staff is very friendly and was willing to help me with some fresh towels when I needed them. I don't think that I would stay here for more than the 3 nights that I did, but it was ok for the price I paid.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank katynelson
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Recently (Jan-March) I had to stay in a hotel for two months while I was waiting to close on a house I was buying. Here is some information to help you get the best from this hotel.

First, I agree with cindymgreenville below, who says: "Staff was very friendly and helpful." I found this to be true. Aaron, the general manager, was always helpful, as were Sara and K.C.

Now for the review...

1. The first week I stayed at Cottonwood I had a room on the first floor. The rooms on either side of me were occupied, as was the room above me. Due to the construction of the walls, there is not much sound suppression. This was a problem for me, and the person upstairs was up late, and I could hear them walking above me. So I requested a room on the 4th floor.

2. The staff found a room for me on the top (4th) floor. There was nobody on either side of me for the entire stay (2 months). Also, the rooms on the 4th floor on the north side seem to be larger than the rooms on the south side of the building. On the 4th floor smoking is allowed, but I didn't notice any smell of smoke in the room I was in. Because it was so quiet in the room, it worked out great for me.

Therefore, I suggest that if you decide to stay at Cottonwood that you make specific requests to staff and request a room on the 4th floor, or if not there, then ask for a room with no neighbors above or on either side. This is not as difficult as it sounds, because the hotel is not always crowded, which is a good thing for a customer IMHO.

The hotel is located across the street from some good restaurants.

The room came with a microwave and a refrigerator. Everything was very clean when I stayed there. Recently the rooms have been repainted.

Also, I liked the location of the hotel. It is located behind an office building where I used to work. The parking lot was always quiet. I felt very safe at all times.

The housekeeper was always on hand so I could get fresh towels and sheets. The housekeeping isn't done every day (perhaps once a week) which is my preference.

Room Tip: Talk to Sara or K.C. and tell them you want a room without neighbors if one is available. Also, try...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 February 2014

To start with the frist them gave me with dirty and had black marks all over the wall and a stan on the floor then they gave me a second room and it was dirty too blaclmarks on the wall and it looked like it had not been vacuumed in a long time this hotel does not clean and vacuum the rooms very well I'm giving this hotel a one star rating does service was good but the rooms really sucked in this hotel need to hire some people actually clean the rooms I feel that I should get my money back for the way that the room was

Room Tip: this hotel should actually hire people who can actually clean a room thoroughly and not clean and al...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott G

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We are sorry that your experience was less than expected. We receive many positive reviews about our location and most importantly our warm and friendly staff. We are under new management in just the last couple of months and your feedback is extremely important to us. In fact I have shared it with our staff so that we can provide the best customer service possible. In the meantime should you wish to speak with a member of management please feel free to contact us directly so that we can resolve the issue you had during your stay. Again thank you for choosing Cottonwood Suites.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We went in December and had a great experience. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Any request we made we got an immediate response. Our rooms were cleaned daily and they even offered a pack & play for our new grandson. We had a great experience. The location was great for shopping or ease to get on the highway. Cindy M

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Our visit to Cottonwood Suites has been a really great experience. The staff are very personable and so very helpful, they go out of their way for their guests. It is like being at home but better. The rooms are a good size and very clean, the kitchen area comes in real handy and is just the right size. Good location, near plenty of restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family