“Not the room that was reserved”

Quality Inn & Suites Broomfield Westminster
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
Grand Junction
“Not the room that was reserved”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I reserved a suite because we had our adult son traveling with my disabled husband & myself. We always stay at LaQuintas because they have recliners which my husband needs.

When we arrived we found out that someone had given away our suite. My husband, son & I were given a room with a king bed, a roll away and a bathtub in the middle of the single room. When told that that would not work for us and that we would then require a second room, the clerk wanted to charge us for it...but she gave us $10 a room off. It would have been $200 for what had been reserved at $125! She then acted like she was doing us a favor by cancelling without a charge! She was not fully trained and we actually felt sorry for her.

Oh! and when we went to go look at the room, my disabled husband, sat in the recliner which then broke. He couldn't get out, I'm holding the door open for the clerk & maintenance guy who just stood there and watched a disabled guy (with cane) flailing around trying to get out of the recliner. When I asked for him to help he just stood there. (My son was not there.) I finally let the door shut in their faces and helped myself!

The clerk was too busy with something else to find us another room at another location, so I went out to the car & called myself and found exactly what we needed 2 miles down the road for only $115!!! The Turnpike Road location, though an old building, was wonderful!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank lorowood

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

This LaQuinta was nice enough. The location was nice because it was close to our family. The staff was friendly. There is a free breakfast that was ok. The same as any other free breakfast. We stayed in a suite which really had a lot of space. It worked out nice because we were traveling with a baby and so when he took naps or went to bed, we could just close the door and stay in the front room. There was a pull out bed in the front room that my kids slept on, not sure if I would have slept on it. Didn't look very comfortable. The rooms were for the most part clean but just maybe need some updating. Overall, for the price, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Ashburn, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Stopped in after a long day of driving. Priced other hotels in the area, and found La Quinta to be, not cheap but reasonable. Other hotels wanted $120 + taxes, up to $150. LaQuinta was a $85. Staff was friendly, room was clean, bed for me was comfortable and room was quiet. All the things you get a room for. Would stay here again without question.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Galveston, Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Breakfast is not great. Fruit is not fresh. This trip I got a room with new television and mattress. For a quick business trip or budget vacation stop it is ok, but not a great property. I do not have much else to say, but I must write 200 characters, so here it is.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the mountains.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
U S A
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Got there late, but check in was a breaze. Stayed 8 days and not one complaint. The indoor pool and jacuzzi was clean and not stuffy. The computer center always had paper, and the wi-fi had a great connection. The maids were friendly. All in all, a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Slept on the 3rd floor. Very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This looks like a relatively new property. It is in very good condition. Our room had one outlet that had no cover on it . Beds were comfortable. Not the friendliest check-in I've had at a LQ - indifference, I suppose is the best term. We were supposed to have wireless internet. It was not working. We called about it and we were told it would be looked into. It took a while after that before we could log on. Even then, the internet was quite flaky - we were frequently logged off and had to try again - sometimes with success, sometimes not so much. We also had difficulty getting our cards to work on the outside door - like the internet, it worked sometimes and not other times. Overall a nice quiet and clean hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family