My wife, two small kids, and I sold and moved out of our house that is not far from this Residence Inn. Since we weren't able to move into our new house until a couple days after we moved out, we had to spend a couple nights at a hotel. We chose the Residence Inn Westminster for its location, the fact that it has 2-bedroom suites (which is needed for a family of 4), and I can find an excuse to add to my Marriott Rewards, which needed to be dusted off. I'm sure we were the only ones who lived in Westminster actually staying at this hotel! It's definitely a different feeling staying in a hotel in your own city.
While it does have a great location, especially very close to three restaurants and other shopping is within a mile, it is still a tad tricky to get to and the construction happening on Hwy 36 and also on Sheridan at Hwy 36 doesn't help matters. But, at least it's slightly secluded so this helps with additional security. If you do not have a car, or don't want to drive anywhere, there is a large RTD (local transit company) Park 'n Ride literally steps from the hotel. It is very easy to get on public transit from the hotel.
I love how they offer not only free breakfast, but also a free evening dinner Monday - Thursday! The theme changes weekly so hopefully you'll be staying on a night where they're serving something good. Our stay was on a Monday and a Tuesday so we got Fettucini Alfredo on Monday night, but Tuesday night it was a bit weak with just nachos. Too bad we weren't able to stay on that Wednesday we were there when they fired up the grills and cooked up burgers.
As with any Marriott and Residence Inn hotel, the service is always top notch, the rooms are always clean, the kitchen in our suite was fully stocked and very clean, and it's pretty much guaranteed you will have a very enjoyable stay. This is definitely the case at this Residence in Westminster.
Our suite was located on the 4th floor. It is very quiet and really the only thing we could hear was the freeway traffic on Hwy 36, but it really didn't bother us at night. In the 2-bedroom suite you get a gas fireplace, which adds a nice touch to the ambiance, and also 2 bathrooms inside the bedrooms. Everything worked just fine!
The Residence Inn (not just this location, but the whole chain) proves yet again why I keep my rarely-used Marriott Rewards account going! They are very worth coming back to time and time again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thrive on Long StaysThis Newly Renovated Denver North Westminster Residence Inn by Marriott Hotel provides easy access to Water World, Butterfly Pavilion, Arvada Center, Denver Mint, Denver Zoo, FirstBank Event Center, Flatiron Crossings, Denver Coliseum, Coors Field, Pepsi Center, Sports Authority Field at Mile High, and Regis University. There are great Westminster restaurants within walking distance. Area businesses include Ball, MWH, Lockheed Martin, Trimble, Oracle, Avaya, Corporate Express and Level 3. Additionally, we are located near the Chateaux at Fox Meadows and Event Center at Church Ranch. All of the suites feature a king bed, full kitchen with stove top, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, plus dishes and pots and pans. The hotel has two-bedroom suites with fireplaces, one-bedroom suites with separate living/bedroom areas, and studio suites. A complimentary hot breakfast buffet is served daily. We also host an evening social event Monday-Thursday which includes a light dinner and beverage ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn Denver North/Westminster reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Denver North/Westminster Hotel Westminster
- Residence Inn Westminster
- Westminster Residence Inn