Review of Double D's Sourdough Pizza - CLOSED

Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery
Description: We are a Colorado locally owned and operated restaurant. We hand stretch our own Sourdough crust and make everything on our menu fresh and hot to order for a limited delivery area or dine-in! Our signature cocktail list is the best in town, and we even carry gluten free options...Come in and check out Dueling Pianos on Friday & Saturday nights from 8:30 to 11:00 pm.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Loved the Pizza and all the options available to you. We had it delivered to our hotel room and it didn't take that long to get there. They have internet ordering so that helps if you don't want a phone charge when in a hotel. Wish there was one in Colorado Springs.

Visited July 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
“Tasty Pizza - Wish It Was A Little Cleaner”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We visited on a recent weeknight with another family and really liked the pizza. The kids loved the cheesy bread which the server put the order in for very quickly because he could tell they were really hungry. Nice quality and quantity of ingredients on pizzas; friendly college-age server. Lots of people stopping in for take-away bake at home pies. I thought the quality stood up for the price. If you're looking for $5 pizzas, I say you get what you pay for. Beer available.

My only criticism is that I wished it had been a little bit cleaner. Maybe we were there on a slower night with fewer staff but the bathrooms could have definitely used a once over and overall it seemed like the floor and tables needed a bit more attention. Not a deal breaker and we'll most likely go again but a little sparkle can go a long way to making a local spot like this better than average.

• Visited July 2013
ddpizza, Owner at Double D's Sourdough Pizza, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear with2boys,
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how we did, I am embarrassed that you found our restaurant dirty! We are usually noticed for the cleanliness and we make it a priority to keep up overall cleanliness as a regular part of our walk through inspections and job cards.
If you would please tell me when you were there so we can review this with our team and learn what to do better I would really appreciate it. I would also like to thank you for reaching out and feel that we owe you for the poor experience by putting a credit on your account for next time. It's the least we can do for bringing this to our attention. (I will need your phone number to file the credit if you wouldn't be offended by our gesture)
Ted Dorr, Founder & Head Pizza Fanatic!
PS. Our community rules!!
Omaha, Nebraska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed 17 May 2013

This was some of the best pizza I've had! The staff were very friendly and helpful. We were visiting Denver and brought in a coupon, not noticing it was only good on Tuesday (it was Thursday). Though we didn't get to use the coupon, we ordered a medium pizza but got a large as well as a free serving of sausage bites. Everything was excellent including the service. We returned Saturday night for dinner. The food and service was just as fantastic. Highly recommended.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank IsisPG
Amherst, New York
“Try the WoWee Maui pizza!”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

One of the best pizza's I have had to date, delivered to my hotel. The WoWee Maui pizza was just plain fantastic.

Only a few reasons it didn't get 5 star. The price was just a little more than I expected, and the website was down when I tried to order, so I didn't have the full list of choices available.

That being said, give it a shot!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank ForrestCrawford
Westminster, Colorado
“Best pizza outside Chicago or New York”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Have ordered take-out and we finally dined in last night. This is one of two locations and this is the original. First, service was outstanding. We were greeted coming in the door and were met by our server within minutes. We placed our order an while waiting were treated to a sample of their garlic bread.

Our pizza arrived within 15 - 20 minutes and was perfect. They offer a few crusts but they are best known for their Sourdough. The toppings were excellent and proportioned well.

If you are looking for the best pizza in the Westminster, CO area, this has got to be your choice.

• Visited February 2013