“Very good sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I was staying in the Westminster area and hungry for sushi. On TA reviews, I decided to give this place a try. I'm glad I did. The seared tuna roll was very very good. Since it was just me, I only got to try a couple of the rolls. As I said the seared tuna roll was really good, I also tried the Philadelphia Roll which was good. Service was good. I don't think it's quite up to the level of the upper end sushi places I have eaten but I would eat here again and recommend it to others.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Been traveling to the Denver area each week for nearly 15 months and wouldn't you know it, on my very last week I find one of the best sushi bars near my hotel. I loved it so much, I had dinner two nights in a row. Something I never do in a city of great eats.

I have to personally thank Eddie at the bar. He welcomed this visitor with a bright smile and excellent service. Per his recommendation, I started out with the fresh blue fin tuna wrapped around slices of avocado. Pure heaven on a plate!

Next I ordered up some Miso Toro and sashimi of Guu (fatty salmon), Anago (sea eel) and Kani (snow crab). When they handed the plate to me, it was a culinary piece of art. I wish I could say it was too pretty to eat, but I dug into that plate greedily. After tasting each component, I was a very happy lady. Dare I say this place is on par with the more illustrious Sushi Den in downtown Denver.

The next night I ordered the Miso Black Cod. It was also very good - my only complaint is that I was expecting an a la carte portion but was served a dinner portion instead. More Cod is always good thing, but I couldn't help but have a sampling of the veggies and mashed potatoes - which in turn made me a bit full and prevented me from ordering other delicacies.

All in all, I those two nights were one of the most memorable meals I've had in Colorado. Amplified that much more by the fact this establishment is at least 900 miles from the nearest ocean. Good for them... and for us...and me!

1  Thank JennyDLC
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Read reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to try it. Having spent a great deal of time in Asia we were familiar with good sushi Hana met the test. The fish is fresh and that is the most important thing. The presentation is fine. The place is clean an pleasing to the eye. The nice surprise is the cost very reasonable. The spider roll really had a lot of crab. The service was good. It does fill up so reservations on the weekend might be wise.

1  Thank BobE6
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Ok, I'm not a HUGE sushi fan. I like it but don't die for it like some people. When the restaurant we visit once in awhile was booked, my husband researched Hana Matsuri so we gave it a try. It was SO GOOD. I hesitate writing this review as I don't want it to get too over crowded! We make reservations and always bring our houseguests here. Hey we live in Colorado so I would never expected to find good sushi here, but this is better than any I've tried in Los Angeles, even better than in Tokyo! We order the spicy tuna roll and several of the "fancy rolls". They are pricey but so beautiful and so tasty! Last month my very good Japanese friend came for a visit, we took her and she is still raving about how good Hana Matsuri was, saying it's the best sushi she's ever had. Service is good (not over the top, but good) atmosphere is nice.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

We loved this place. We have been looking for a great place, and found it here. Service was awesome in addition to great Sushi. While we went for date night we saw families here, as a family friendly spot. Worth every penny!

1  Thank crystaledorm