“Amazing hole in the wall Chinese place!!!”

Hong Fu Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #80 of 233 Restaurants in Westminster
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

The food was excellent and served in large portions. The place is not elegant but the food is some of the best Chinese I've had. I recommend the twice cooked pork.

1  Thank Vice43

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Our family was looking for a place to eat after church one Sunday and we were in the mood for Chinese. We had passed several places that were closed, and then my daughter searched on her phone and found Hong Fu.

The food is outstanding, very well prepared and tasty. The prices are amazing. There are lunch specials as low as $4.75 that include entree, soup, eggroll or wonton, and choice of steamed or fried rice. The regular lunch items are in the $5 to $6 range.

All this is great, but what's even better is the service. We see the same nice lady and now she knows our orders by heart, so we only have to ask if we want something different than the usual. She's helpful, friendly, quick on the drink refills. She makes it even more enjoyable.

This is a tiny place, wedged into a strip shopping center next to a Dairy Queen. When our family of six or seven come, we usually outnumber all the rest of the patrons in the restaurant. There are about eight booths and two tables and when we come on Sundays, only one or two of them are occupied. The quiet atmosphere makes it even more worthwhile.

It's not gourmet, but the food is wholesome and tasty and the restaurant is very comfortable. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 15 September 2012

Five years ago when my daughters and I traveled through Denver (Westminster) we stumbled upon Hong Fu's Chinese Restaurant. The food was so delicious, I saved the menu in order to remember the name in case I ever made it back through Denver. An eastbound road trip provided the opportunity. In a little stripmall sits a gem of a chinese restaurant. Not much atmosphere, but clean and excellent service. The food was as fabulous as I remembered! While we were the only people dining in at the time, the stream of people in and out picking up dinner was impressive, you could tell by the conversations many were repeat customers. My son and I ordered the "Meal for Two" for only $21.99. It included: 6 pcs. Cheese Wonton, two vegetable eggrolls, two entrees of any choice, and choice of steamed or fried rice. We could have easily fed two more people. Everything was fresh, and cooked to perfection! Check out the photos. I only wish I didn't live eight hours away... If you are traveling through Denver, make time to find this place, and enjoy!!!!!