“Luxurious and beautiful!!!”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
NY
“Luxurious and beautiful!!!”
Reviewed 28 April 2011

This hotel was a dream come true!!
Starting with the huge lobby (lots of sitting space, fireplace, bar) beautiful pool (not very wide, but nice length) and fitness room, to the outdoor whirlpool and large patio, to the beautiful view of the Rockies (ask for mtn view room) to the details built into every room, this hotel had everything you can think of!! And it was all so rich, clean, elegant and comfortable. Nothing was old or worn out.
Beds were heavenly, large closet, huge bathroom with granite and the works, and we couldn't stop oogling over those mountains!!
The only drawback to this hotel is that the rooms are not very big. In a double-bed room, we just managed to fit a crib, mini-fridge and suitcase and had no extra space after that. They are also short on mini-fridges. We had to wait 1.5 days to get one.

There's a Super Target (and lots of other shopping) a minute away with Starbuck's, where we did all our shopping during our stay.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Denver - it's worth the price!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
brandonhendricks, Director of Sales at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, 29 April 2011
Thank you for the wonderful comments about our hotel! We have made substantial investments in the product quality over the past two years. Also, our mountain view rooms are spectacular. We hope to see you again in the near future.

The Westin Westminster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 April 2011

Friendly staff with clean rooms. Stayed here for a couple nights on business. The staff provided good recommendations for places to eat nearby. Their restaurant served great tasting and healthy options for breakfast. The building is spacious and inviting. The rooms were good size and clean. Their dual-head showers are amazing! Very good value for the cost, location and amenities.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for using TripAdvisor to provide feedback about your stay at our hotel! We strive to create a memorable guest experience for all of our customers. If your travels ever bring you back to the Denver area, we hope you will stay with us again.

Jeannette, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 April 2011

We held a national conference there and were very impressed with the sales team, staff, and AV support. The location was great with the Promenade nearby and a convenient shuttle to local shopping centers.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 23 April 2011

I stayed at the Westin Westminster for four days in April for a business conference. It is about 30 minutes from the airport and I took the super shuttle as cabs were $90 one way! The hotel itself is well kept and modern. My room was very large and overlooked a park. I did not go to downtown Denver, but I understand it is about 20 minutes away. The hotel is part of a promenade complex that includes shops and restaurants. The shops never seemed to be open and the place did not start filling up with people until late in the evening. It was a ghost town during the day. If you keep walking towards the Fat Cats bowling center and go under the bridge, there is a whole other world! A lot of shops and restaurants including a really great super Target. it was about a 10 to 15 minute walk from the hotel.
A really great service of the hotel is a free shuttle to anywhere within a few mile radius of the hotel. A bunch of us took the shuttle to a local mall called Flatiron. The mall was really nice with your typical major department stores and specialty shops. Got some great deals on the Borders there! It is also set up with some shops outside and the rest is in the two level mall.
The hotel charges a $12 a day fee for internet access and two bottles of water. A little steep considering that most hotels offer internet for no charge. Like many hotels, the Westin is going green and has a program that if you do not request a change of linen or towels then you can get a $5 credit,per day, to use in the hotel. I did that for two nights intending to use the credit in the gift shop. Well...the gift shop does not take the credit since it is run by a third party. That was disappointing and I lost the credits. One word of advice - when you use the hangtag you do not get any type of houskeeping. The garbage is not emptied and the coffee is not replenished. I had to ask at the front desk for more coffee packs and cups to use with the inroom coffee maker. Not a big deal, but it would be nice for this to spelled out on the hangtag. They make it seem like you just will not get a linen change or towel change. However, it was interesting that I still got the two bottles of water replenished everyday. They could of left some coffee at the same time.
I only ate the conference food at the hotel, but it was all very good and even a little bit better than at some other conferences that I have attended. I would stay here again if I had business in the area and needed to get in and out, but for the real happening sutff, find a hotel downtown.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
DaniSternGM, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, 25 April 2011
Thank you very much for your comments and am glad you enjoyed our hotel. While we are about 15 minutes from downtown I am pleased you saw that we have a lot to offer. I do not want you to lose your credit so please contact me in person so I can help this get rectified. I hope you enjoyed your conference and hope too see you back again for another one.
Somerset, WI
Reviewed 21 April 2011

I just returned from a customer event that my company held at the Westin Westminster and had to tell everyone of my experience. I am an event coordinator for my company and from my first moment of contact through the event itself - the entire event was executed flawlessly by the hotel. The thing I found most impressive is the extreme helpfulness of the staff at the Westin. From Amy Skarbek, our conference services manager through the waitstaff (Celia) at the Westin Lake House, the service was truly amazing. Every single person I was in contact with onsite was over the top with their help and genuine care for our program. We had 15 customers at this event who represented $55 million dollars in business for our company and all the VPs from our company in attendance. I wanted to create a WOW experience for all of them and with the help of the staff at the Westin, I was able to do that. I have found in my job that the hotel staff can really play a part in making or breaking a program. If you want to not only "make" your program but truly create a memorable experience for all your guests - the Westin Westminster is the place to do it!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
brandonhendricks, Director of Sales at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, 27 April 2011
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your event at our hotel. We are very fortunate to have three of the most amazing Convention Services Managers in the industry (all of them opened our hotel over 10 years ago). It's great to see we helped you "WOW" your top customers and would enjoy the opportunity to exceed your expectations again in the future. Thanks again for your feedback and more importantly, thank you for your business!

Reviewed 20 April 2011

Just finished a trade show at the Westin Westminster. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. All show logistics went smoothly. Not only would I come back, I'd invite the staff over for dinner.

• Stayed April 2011
DaniSternGM, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, 26 April 2011
Thank you very much for your kinds words about the staff at the Westin Westminster Hotel. We still have 34 associates who opening this hotel 11 years ago still with us. We are very lucky to have them on our team today as they make all our guests feel very special. I am thrilled you had a great conference and hope to see you back again soon.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 17 April 2011

The hotel is a bit far from Downtown, though there are a number of restaurants around and the hotel has a shuttle that can take you to other local spots. Taxi from airport is about $80+tip.

It's nice like other westins, with a spacious lobby, clean rooms and nice facilities. I stay regularly at Westins and am at their "gold" level program, often get upgrades.

* I arrived early, and apparently the hotel was full so I was unable to check-in. They promised to call me when a room was available, but the call never came. I waited till 3p, the standard check in time, and it still took some effort for the front desk person to find me a room.
* Internet issues: Perhaps it was just me, but the hotel wireless internet service refused to charge my room - I had to call their support line every 24 hours to get access. And the internet in common areas still didn't work
* The HVAC in my room was very loud - more concerning was the fact that it would cycle on/off every 40 seconds (not kidding, I timed it). Overnight the room would get really hot so I would kick off the covers, then wake up in the middle of night freezing. All this time the thermostat was set to 70 degrees
* I returned to my room at 5p after a day out, to find that it had not been cleaned. When I called the operator, I was told that they had not gotten to it yet (really? by 5p?). I asked them to send someone at 6:30p when I would be out. About 10 minutes later someone was sent up to my room to clean it. I asked them to come at 6:30p. I left the room and came back about 7p, room was still dirty. Finally someone arrived at 7:30 to clean the room. To their credit, I got a call offering a $50 restaurant credit for my trouble - this was probably the least they could do.
* During the conference, there always seemed to be something going on in the "Employee only" area between rooms - often we heard people talking loudly, or banging on the walls, or an employee would suddenly bust through the employee door in the middle of a session. Very unprofessional
* Service at the restaurant was very good, polite and efficient servers throughout
* The mountain room views really have a very nice view

Overall, I liked the hotel because of the westin brand, but would probably not recommend it, certainly not if I was organizing a conference. Pick another westin.

Room Tip: Avoid room 337. Get a mountain view room
2 Thank megawhizz
brandonhendricks, Director of Sales at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, 20 April 2011
Thank you for the helpful comments regarding your most recent stay with us. Please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered while you were here. I assure you we have reviewed this as a team and will learn and improve based on your feedback.

On a positive note, thank you for the kind words regarding our hotel and the restaurant staff. I'm pleased that you enjoyed these aspects of the hotel and we will strive to earn those same feelings of the entire hotel. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention and we look forward to having the opportunity of hosting you again in the near future.

The Westin Westminster
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Drury Inn & Suites Denver Westminster
Denver Marriott Westminster
Denver Marriott Westminster
#3 of 19 in Westminster
SpringHill Suites Denver North/Westminster
DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster
Hampton Inn Denver Northwest/Westminster
HYATT house Boulder/Broomfield

Been to The Westin Westminster? Share your experiences!