“Heavenly bed? yes...”

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Westminster
Reviewed 28 July 2011

As usual, very comfy room at the Westin. A/C worked better than any other hotel on this trip. High floor, quiet (no slamming doors), $132 on hotels for 1 night in a king. Valet parking was unavailable after 11 pm, and we never got the bottled water we paid for - but on checkout the extra charges for these were removed, no questions. Good location - lots of restaurants close by, and easy access to US 36 (Denver & Boulder).

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DallasKevin
DaniSternGM, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2011

We are pleased that we were able to keep you nice and cool during your stay at the Westin Westminster. I apologize for the challenges you had and please contact me in person if you have a chance. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

We have stayed at this Westin multiple times over the years, and always enjoyed our stay. This trip we took our 2 dogs with us to enjoy the mountains -- and could not have been more pleased with how pet friendly the hotel and location really is. The location and proximity to the promenade and surrounding green spaces made it an easy stay for us and our pets. The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming to our dogs as well. The rooms are very nicely kept, no issues with cleanliness or amenities -- as we've come to expect from this hotel. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your kind comments with us, and we love having our repeat guests have great experiences. While here with your dogs were you able to “meet” Westy our resident chocolate Labrador? If not let your dogs play with her when you return. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Reviewed 24 July 2011

Great location and value. The hotel felt a little stripped down for a Westin. I am SPG Gold and even with the upgrade it still seemed a bit off. Almost like a very nice Sheraton.

Nothing bad with staff or service. My issue was the propery in general.

• Stayed: July 2011

Thank you for your kind comments we really value our Gold guests opinions. I apologize you did not feel the luxury of a full Westin and we would love other comments on how we can make our hotel feel more like the property it is meant to live up to. Please feel free to contact me in person.

Reviewed 24 July 2011

My husband and I recently got married at The Westin Westminster and I could not ask for a better venue. Julia Lane (event coordinator) and the entire catering staff were fantastic, they provided excellent service and were friendly to all guests! The food was delicious, every guest that attended the wedding had something nice to say about the hors d'oeuvre and entrees. We had the opportunity to stay in one of the fancy suites and it was mind-blowing! The decor created a very cozy atmosphere and the beds were phenomenal. To top it all off, we had very unfortunate weather on our wedding day but because The Westin is so awesome they had an indoor backup plan! If you are planning a wedding look no further than The Westin Westminster!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
brandonhendricks, Director of Sales at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2011

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding this incredible event! Julia Lane is truly one of our catering Super Stars and has a passion for executing once in a lifetime weddings for our customers. She is supported by an excellent and experienced culinary department as well. We appreciate you choosing The Westin Westminster for your event!

Reviewed 23 July 2011

We live in Colorado Springs and occasionally take a short weekend excursion. We decided on the Westin Hotel in Westminster Colorado. It was an interesting drive up. About 1 mile from the hotel the skies opened up and I believe it was the heaviest thunderstorm I have ever been in. Traffic came to a complete stop on the highway due to zero visibility. Incredible to say the least. We arrived at the hotel about one and check-in went quickly and smoothly. The room was on the 5th floor and had a king bed. The room was clean, well-kept and very nice. We stayed for 2 nights and had dinner in their restaurant on Saturday night. I was surprised how busy it was. There must have been something going on in the area as the hotel was filled with families and lots of children, not a problem. Westin is a pet friendly hotel and I have never seen as many dogs as they had 'registered'. They even had a large chocolate lab that had become a permanent guest and stayed at check-in with one of the ladies. Neither the dogs or children were any kind of bother, all seemed well behaved.

We got the hotel at a good price on Priceline and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Due to the weather the outside hot tub was never in use. The weekend was one thunderstorm after another. We did go to Boulder and visited the farmers market and the Pearl Street Mall. Very nice.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Westin Westminster! We appreciate your comments about our “pet friendliness”, as it is a Westin brand standard around the globe. Also, our ideal location between Denver and Boulder allows our leisure travelers the opportunity to take advantage of all our area has to offer. Thank you for our business and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 July 2011

Our stay at the Westin in Westminster, Colorado was very disappointing. The room rate was higher than we normally like to pay, but there was a "prepay" special of buy two nights, get one free. This brought the $159/night cost down to near $100/night. Our reservation was to include the "technology package"- Since lower-end hotels don't charge for wireless internet in the room, I made the assumption the "technology package" would cover this. We were traveling on business and would need access to internet. Our first sign that something was not right was the dirty bathroom! There was trash in two of our trashcans upon arrival and some kind of pills on the ledges around the bathroom sink. We also found that the mini-bar - refrigerator was not accessible, after calling the front desk they told us it was not working. SO - no refrigerator - I attempted to go online - the system requested I check an acceptance to pay $12/day to use the internet in my room - I called the front desk, was told that it was standard - so I decided to skip it at that time. They called me back and said they checked and it was a part of my rate - to go ahead and upon checking out tell them and they would remove it from my bill. The air conditioning in our room also did not work - it would not cool the room - we called the front desk on day two - they sent a guy up to fix the a/c - and then had a refrigerator sent up - it was a beat up old white one - looked like it had fallen down a flight of stairs or something. Worst part was the girl who argued with me for 15 minutes upon checkout telling me that I owed the internet charges. After the line behind me began to grow, she finally said she would remove it, but to remember in the future it is charged. She was very rude. Upon returning home we found those charges as well as some additional charges were added to our bill. I WOULD NEVER stay at this hotel again! Very poor service and such rudeness are not acceptable in a service industry.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2011

My daughter had her wedding at the Westminster Westin and it was the perfect venue. The Wedding/Reception staff was excellent as was the food that was served at the reception . All of our guests from out of town loved their rooms, especially those with the mountain views. This is a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mountain view on a higher level floor. Beautiful!