“Nice Hotel, nice area”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Since we were there for a conference, there wasn't much time to take in a lot of the extras that the hotel had. I was very impressed with the quality of the food and rooms for the conference. My wife had time to use the gym and pool, she was very happy with everything. I was a little disappointed in our room. The return in the room was missing some pieces which gave the room a "run-down" look. Not that it was bad, but after everything I had read online I expected better. We also didn't have a robe in the room. We just had a hanger that said we were supposed to have a robe. The bar in the lobby was nice, but a little expensive (as was the gift shop). At times we also felt the front desk was a little "short:" with us (other times they were wonderful).

Although the hotel may only get a B+, the location is a definate A+. Even though we had a rental car, we didn't need it for the 4 days we were there. Everything necessary was within walking distance. Plenty of food, the Butterfly Pavillion, movie theater, ice rink, and of course bars. They were also very nice to take you to the mall or the Butterfly Pavillion in their courtesy transportation. My wife was able to entertain herself every day while I was in meetings. There is also plenty of scenic beauty around including the mountains.

In all, I would be more than happy to return to this location. I would like to have a little more free time to explore and sightsee.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
brandonhendricks, Director of Sales at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2011

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your recent stay at The Westin Westminster! Your experience with our room product is definitely not indicative of a typical accommodation at our hotel. We will definitely make sure to fix this issue to so that it does not happen in the future. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 31 July 2011

This is not the nicest Westin in which I have stayed, but if you get a good deal you will probably be satisfied. Priceline doesn't guarantee the type of room you get, so when my wife and I arrived we requested a room with a king as opposed to two smaller beds. If they had said they had no such rooms available I would have been disappointed but understood; in the event, however, they said they had no kings clean at the moment and that we could spend the first night in a different room and ask about switching to a king the next day. That didn't make much sense to us, so we asked when a king would be available, and the woman said she hoped one would be clean by 6 PM. (It was after 5 PM when we had this conversation, so I don't know why it hadn't already been cleaned.) She took my cell number and promised she would call as soon as the room was ready, stating that there would be no problem as she would still be on duty at that time. She never did call, however, and when I came back around 6 she was not at the desk. Fortunately, another woman was able to get us into a king. We both felt that the bed was short-sheeted, and the housekeeping was rather random: new coffee cups were brought on some mornings but not others, and likewise with the emptying of the recycling bin. However, our room was nice in other respects. Be advised that this is way out in the suburbs, so parking is free but it takes a little while to get into Denver.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sonofposeidon
DaniSternGM, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2011

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us. I am disappointed that we did not meet the level of service that we expect of ourselves or you expect at a Westin. I will use this e-mail as a training tool for my staff and hope to see you back again so that we can ensure you have a perfect stay. Your past stay is not indicative of our levels of service.

Reviewed 30 July 2011

New, convenient, co-located with awesome shopping and entertainment mall. I will return!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
brandonhendricks, Director of Sales at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2011

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your experience at The Westin Westminster! We are definitely spoiled by our ideal location between downtown Denver and Boulder, not to mention the numerous dining and entertainment options within walking distance of our front door. We hope to see you again soon and appreciate your business!

Reviewed 28 July 2011

As usual, very comfy room at the Westin. A/C worked better than any other hotel on this trip. High floor, quiet (no slamming doors), $132 on hotels for 1 night in a king. Valet parking was unavailable after 11 pm, and we never got the bottled water we paid for - but on checkout the extra charges for these were removed, no questions. Good location - lots of restaurants close by, and easy access to US 36 (Denver & Boulder).

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DallasKevin

We are pleased that we were able to keep you nice and cool during your stay at the Westin Westminster. I apologize for the challenges you had and please contact me in person if you have a chance. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

We have stayed at this Westin multiple times over the years, and always enjoyed our stay. This trip we took our 2 dogs with us to enjoy the mountains -- and could not have been more pleased with how pet friendly the hotel and location really is. The location and proximity to the promenade and surrounding green spaces made it an easy stay for us and our pets. The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming to our dogs as well. The rooms are very nicely kept, no issues with cleanliness or amenities -- as we've come to expect from this hotel. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your kind comments with us, and we love having our repeat guests have great experiences. While here with your dogs were you able to “meet” Westy our resident chocolate Labrador? If not let your dogs play with her when you return. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Reviewed 24 July 2011

Great location and value. The hotel felt a little stripped down for a Westin. I am SPG Gold and even with the upgrade it still seemed a bit off. Almost like a very nice Sheraton.

Nothing bad with staff or service. My issue was the propery in general.

• Stayed: July 2011

Thank you for your kind comments we really value our Gold guests opinions. I apologize you did not feel the luxury of a full Westin and we would love other comments on how we can make our hotel feel more like the property it is meant to live up to. Please feel free to contact me in person.

Reviewed 24 July 2011

My husband and I recently got married at The Westin Westminster and I could not ask for a better venue. Julia Lane (event coordinator) and the entire catering staff were fantastic, they provided excellent service and were friendly to all guests! The food was delicious, every guest that attended the wedding had something nice to say about the hors d'oeuvre and entrees. We had the opportunity to stay in one of the fancy suites and it was mind-blowing! The decor created a very cozy atmosphere and the beds were phenomenal. To top it all off, we had very unfortunate weather on our wedding day but because The Westin is so awesome they had an indoor backup plan! If you are planning a wedding look no further than The Westin Westminster!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
brandonhendricks, Director of Sales at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2011

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding this incredible event! Julia Lane is truly one of our catering Super Stars and has a passion for executing once in a lifetime weddings for our customers. She is supported by an excellent and experienced culinary department as well. We appreciate you choosing The Westin Westminster for your event!

The Westin Westminster

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Denver Marriott Westminster
#2 of 19 in Westminster
Central Business District
Four Seasons Hotel Denver
Central Business District
Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Downtown
The Westin Denver Downtown

Been to The Westin Westminster? Share your experiences!