“Great Hotel”

The Westin Westminster
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed at the Westin Westminster for business in September 2013. It is a beautiful property!

The sleeping room was well appointed and comfortable. The mountain view is a lovely bonus!

I was there for a meeting taking place at the hotel. The meeting rooms were easy to find from the sleeping rooms.

The hotel has a coffee shop in the lobby, and 1 full service restaurant. There are other options close by as well, I highly recommend the Thai place. I had dinner at the hotel restaurant one night (forget the name, it was tex mex) and loved the food! Its far better than your standard hotel food, I could have eaten there again! The coffee shop only has a few over priced options, it works if you are in a pinch and don't want to leave the hotel for breakfast. We also took the shuttle to the local mall which is very nice by mall standards, it is 20 minutes from the hotel so it take a while for the shuttle to come back and get you.

All and all, this hotel provides what you expect from a Westin!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed the meeting and sleeping rooms during your visit. It is nice to see that you enjoyed Kachina and the many things to do around the hotel as well. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I will be traveling again during the Halloween weekend to The Westin in Westminster. I was there
to visit my son on my birthday in April of this year and love, loved it. The view was perfect as it changed with the sun going down.

I am expecting to dine there this trip and hopefully looking for a room with the same view. I plan to bring my photos from the last trip.

Thank you.
Dotene are. Stephens

P.s. Any Halloween activities?

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view ..especially if your from Georgia.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the review of your recent visit. It was a pleasure speaking with you during your return on Halloween. I am glad you were able to enjoy Kachina as well as the views during this visit. We will be sure to keep you in the Mountain rooms for your future stays. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

The Westin Westminster, true to the Westin name, was extremely clean, comfortable and conveniently located. I stayed for business. I had reserved a King-sized bed room, but when I checked in the clerk told me honestly that the two king-sized rooms they had available were not rooms he could highly recommend. So he upgraded me to a double queen room on a higher floor with a beautiful mountain view at no cost.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mountain view on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am glad we were able to upgrade you to the Mountain View rooms. The views are outstanding, especially in the fall. I am pleased you found the rooms clean and comfortable. We strive for this and I will enjoy sharing your comments with our team. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

This hotel is first rate. I had a room on a higher floor with a great view of the Rockies. The restaurant was very good on site and the service was number one. It is close to some restaurants and shopping which we found delightful. It is a great place and I will go back.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a higher floor on the side that has view of the Rockies.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Colorado. On a clear day, the view is amazing and with the fall colors, it is even better. I am glad you enjoyed it along with the outstanding service the team provided. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I've stayed at several Westin hotels, and this is definitely a nicer one. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly as always - they seem to really value us as customers. The rooms were pleasant and clean. I didn't sleep the best, but I'm guessing it's because I was sharing a double bed with a 10-year-old.

The hotel restaurant was delicious (I'll review it separately) and we appreciated the discounts that the hotel gave us for food.

The grounds are so beautiful that there were several weddings while we were there. It was easy to get to and obviously quite popular since the Oakland Raiders stayed there for Monday night football (which my kids thought was so cool).

My only complaint was the shower drain - it was horrible. The bathtub actually filled up during my shower so that I had to turn the water off for fear it would overflow.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent visit and especially the kind words about the staff and the restaurant. We are lucky to have a strong product and a great team of people to take care of our guests. I am sorry that the shower drain was not functioning properly. While I am confident that our team has identified that by now, please feel free to send me a personal e mail so I can be sure to identify the room and facilitate its repair. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed at the Westminister after being recommended by multiple people and it did not disappoint. The building was pristine, the room was very nice and is in a fantastic location across from the promenade. The front desk was incredibly friendly and made me feel like they appreciated my business! The fitness center was one of the BEST fitness centers I've been in, and that is extremely important to me.

The restaurant was OK, nothing special, but still good.

I definitely will stay here every time I come back to Denver.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for letting us know about your visit. It is nice to read that we exceeded your expectations. As fitness is important to you, I am glad you enjoyed the indoor fitness center. When you return, be sure to ask for one of our trail maps. We are connected to a great parks system with many opportunities to stay fit outdoors. Thank you for staying.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed here for one night and was overall very happy with the place. The room was very clean along with the restroom. The bedding was very comfortable and I slept great, even better than home. The room was nicely appointed. The shower has a double shower head which was "heavenly". My only gripes are that they charge $11 for wifi which is rediculous being that you will pay >$200 to stay here per night and the parking is not that great. They have quite a few banquet rooms which seem to always be used so there's TONS of people there on any given day who are not staying at the hotel hence the poor parking situation. They do have valet service (which they charge for I don't know why, again you're paying above $200 per night). I would have given them 5 stars if it were not for the wifi and parking. If you can pay what they charge for the room then you can afford to pay for wifi and valet but really that should be included. I used my smart phone instead of paying for wifi and parked my own car far away where there were open spaces.

Room Tip: Don't pay for wifi, they should include it FREE.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

I am pleased you had a great night’s sleep and enjoyed the shower and cleanliness of the room. We continuously look for opportunities to enhance our experience and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on these two services. I certainly understand your perspective on the internet and will share those thoughts with the appropriate people at Westin Hotels. Thank you for staying with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Denver Marriott Westminster
#2 of 19 in Westminster
Central Business District
Four Seasons Hotel Denver
Central Business District
Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Downtown
The Westin Denver Downtown

Been to The Westin Westminster? Share your experiences!