“business travelers not vacationers”

The Westin Westminster
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Westminster
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Establishment is very nice; but I did not experience a 4 star hotel. Coffee only served 5-6am; so you have to make your own in your room. Table uneven so coffee spilled everywhere. Twice I reported the shower constantly streaming and the toilet refilling on its' own. In the 2 attempts it was not fixed. We stayed for 5 days. Walls were good, couldn't hear anything. One desk chair, a exercise bike and weights - no love seat or additional chair for two people, so we had to sit on bed to watch TV. Pool was so small that we tried twice to go, but the family was splashing so much, we would have been soaked from head to toe with out being in the pool. Breakfast was served 1 morning - since their internet was down and even the room key access was down; they tried to 'make up for the inconvenience we all experienced'.

Room Tip: if you want to sleep late, ask for a west-side room. The sun blazes on the east-side very early.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for sharing comments from your recent visit. I am sorry our hotel did not meet all of your needs and especially that reported maintenance items were not repaired immediately. I am equally sorry that you did not know of our Starbucks located in the lobby. It is open daily from 6am to 2pm and will be extending hours to 5pm starting in August. I appreciate you letting us know of these deficiencies. Please let me know if you will again be in our area.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I only gave this hotel a 4 out of 5 because the pool is indoors. Considering it's in the Denver area I understand that but it would be nice to enjoy some time poolside in the Colorado summer. All else was perfect here! Love the room, staff was great and food was excellent!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments. It is great to read that you found the room, staff and food to be excellent. I agree that Colorado summers are great and it would be nice to have the pool amenity outside. I hope you were able to enjoy the deck and hot tub located outside during you visit. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a large conference being hosted within the conversion center of the hotel.

The rooms were quiet, roomy, and very clean. The work area was very nice with plenty of outlets to charge PCs, tablets, and smartphones.

Some hotels have problems with their in-house Internet service whenever a large business meeting occurs at the hotel because of the high number of Internet users. The Westin Westminster did not have this problem. They have sized their Internet connectivity with enough capacity and bandwidth to support all of their business guests.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us during your recent conference. I appreciate your comments regarding the internet connection at our hotel. We have continued to upgrade this service over the years and I am happy to read that it adequately served all of your needs. I hope we see you at next year’s event.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Was there for my daughters softball tournament, and the first 3 days the games were played at the complex right next to the hotel. There were plenty of eateries right next to the hotel. The rooms were very comfortable. Being there for 8 nights, I just wish the WiFi wasn't $10.95 per night. If you run a tab in the hotel bar, make sure all charges are yours. But overall great stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying for several days during this year’s 4th of July tournament. I am glad you played on the adjacent fields and were able to enjoy the surrounding area. It is nice to read that you found the rooms to be comfortable as well. I hope we see you again next year.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We made a trip to Colorado for anniversary/vacation. We stayed on July 10th, 2014 (our anniversary night). This was the first place we stayed on our 5 nights in Colorado. We like to try different hotels and book off of Priceline. When we arrived we were informed that the computer system was down and they were doing booking by paper and they couldn't provide us a key. I asked for a room facing the mountains and front desk guy gladly put us in one of the those rooms. We had to be escorted up by hotel personal since they couldn't make keys. They were going to give us free wi-fi for the inconvence, however their computer system never came back up while we were there. So we never had internet access during our stay. They did provide a free breakfast since no wi-fi and computers down, which was a nice touch.

Rooms were clean and hotel staff was very nice. You can walk to a movie theater or several places to eat. I would stay here again if I got the same deal off of Priceline, however I wouldn't pay full price from hotel website to stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for Mountain View room if available. Nothing like waking up to see the mountains
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us during this year’s trip to Colorado. I am sorry our internet issue resulted in difficulty getting keys and online. I am pleased you enjoyed a Mountain View room and hope we will have the opportunity to again have you as our guest.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed here for three nights and it was very good. We didn't get our request for a mountain view, but the rooms are very nice and quiet. I can't say enough about the location. Lots to do around the hotel within walking distance. The pool is small so if you have kids, just know that. Very pleased overall.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you had a great stay and enjoyed all of the things in the area. I look forward to getting you a Mountain View room during your next visit.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Not a bad hotel at all the door men where awsome very helpful and attentive the would bend over backwards to help you with whatever u need .. The front desk was just as helpful takeing care of your needs. My only complaints is the wifi charges and I had to ask for my room to get attention I was there 3 days I had to ask on 3rd day for some one to empty the trash ect and for toilet paper and clean towls....
PS .the mountain views are amazing worth the money especially if u are in a suite on the 14th floor or above the 11th

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent visit. It is nice to see that you found the Front Desk and Bellman to be helpful and awesome. I am sorry for our housekeeping oversight and will share your comment with our team. I am glad you enjoyed the views and hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Denver Marriott Westminster
Denver Marriott Westminster
#1 of 20 in Westminster
Drury Inn & Suites Denver Westminster
Hampton Inn Denver Northwest/Westminster
SpringHill Suites Denver North/Westminster
DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster
Hyatt House Boulder/Broomfield

Been to The Westin Westminster? Share your experiences!