“BEAUTIFUL, GREAT HOTEL!”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
Springfield IL
“BEAUTIFUL, GREAT HOTEL!”
Reviewed 6 November 2009

We got a rental car downtown when we stayed to see the Cardinals play the Rockies and we also drove to Mt. Rushmore. Our first night, we stayed at this hotel and I wish we would have stayed here for all the nights we were in Denver. It's so much better to be just a few minutes out of downtown, have the free parking and feel totally safe. The hotel was very clean and everyone was super nice! There are soo many shopping and food places close, that it was great ...especially not being a native of the area!

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Reviewed 20 October 2009

Goose down beds, beverages in the hot tub overlooking the front range, snow softly falling and a roaring fire in the outdoor fireplace...excellent.

Stayed May 2006
Winnipeg
Reviewed 16 October 2009

We stayed at the Westin Westminster for four nights from October 8th to 12th.
Came in from Canada to see the Broncos play and to shop and dine.
Service received from staff was excellent. Nice greeting received from Door Man and
checkin was a breeze. Beautiful view from room, with confortable bed. Shower has two
heads and generated a pleasant spray. Very beautiful promenade with waterfall
and outdoor firepits. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. Concierce service
was very helpful and friendly in giving us directions. Location was very handy and with the help of gps we found getting around denver easy. Boulder is also only about 15 minutes away with very nice shops and views of the mountains. The iron flat mall
is also on the way to Boulder and has plenty of stores including Dick's sporting goods
which has plenty of Broncos merchandise. Our one negative with the Hotel is that
we returned to our room after the first day out on the town and our room had not
been cleaned. We were able to get new towels delivered to our room within a few minutes and the next morning after bringing this to the attention of the front desk we
were given a comlimentary breakfast in the O's restaurant. This certainly made up
for the inconvience as it was an outstanding healthy meal. I would highly recommend
breakfast here. We also felt that we were well looked after by the waiting staff.
Saturday night we also learned that the Patriots were staying in the Hotel and a roped
off section was set up for fans to get glimpses of the players.
We also had one dinner at the O's and were happy with the quality of the food and service. The Hotel also provides free access to computers to print your boarding
passes which allowed us to skip a long lineup at the airport.

We enjoyed our stay at the Westin Westminster and wouldn't hesitate to return again
or to recommend it to others.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Denver, CO
Reviewed 15 October 2009

As the reunion planner for a group of WWII flyers and a resident of Westminster, I really wanted to bring the group to the Westin in the fall of 2009 because of its great location, amenities, and surroundings. In selecting a hotel for our group I consider value to be the most important factor. High costs can really decrease attendance so value is paramount. At our reunion this year we had 22 veterans with the rest being family and friends for a total of about 85 people. A good feeling about the sales manager and conference services manager is very important because I start putting the reunion together about 10 months in advance and the hotel is the first thing I have to take care of. I found these key people to be professional, fun, and friendly--really a joy to work with. I never got the bums rush when I met with them and they were always on my side if misunderstandings came up. They proved to me early in the process that they wanted our business and they made sure our WWII veterans were treated like gold. We got our guest rooms for $99/nite and we also had a really nice hospitality room for $150/day. We had a Sunday morning breakfast buffet and a Sunday evening banquet dinner and the contract specified a very reasonable $1000 food and beverage minimum (easy to do between our two functions). I only had to pay half of this contracted amount in advance--all other charges were due after our reunion and after I had a chance to review the bill. The hotel is beautiful, having been totally refurbished in the spring and summer of '09. I found all of the service people to be very professional and friendly. I was a bit dissapointed that the hotel does not even provide a podium and microphone for a catered function--you have to set that up through their audio/visual services depratment. On the other hand, the A/V department was very nice to us in cutting their original and outrageous A/V charges almost in half. They provided us with a very nice LCD projection system and big screen including speakers, and their on-site technical representative was very helpful. I thought the food at our catered functions was very good but somewhat expensive. I never did eat in the hotel restaurant but those prices are also high. One nice thing about the Westin is that there are a lot of restaurants nearby so you can go somewhere else for meals and avoid the high prices. There are a lot of things to see and do nearby like the Butterfly Pavilion and the Westminster Veterans Memorial, which was a nice place for our group to congregate for a group picture. There is a bowling center, movie theatre, and a Dave and Busters (billiards, arcade, and restaurant) within easy walking distance and there are several other nice restaurants and a brew pub on the promenade. The airport is about 50 minutes away with shuttle service provided by Boulder Super Shuttle. They provided a special rate of $40 per person round trip which is not bad. In my opinion, the Westin was the nicest hotel we have utilized for our reunion group in the 12 years I have been attending reunions. In addition, the City of Westminister honored our veterans with some really nice certificates of appreciation and silver medallions on red, white, and blue neck ribbons. In my opinion, the Westminster Westin is a beautiful hotel with a great staff. The surroundings and ammenities are fantastic and I highly recommend the hotel if you are putting together something for a group of around 100 people. Ask for a room high on the West side for a beautiful view of the front range. If you call for reservations, call the hotel directly and tell them you want to speak to someone in the hotel about your reservation. Otherwise, they will send you to central reservations in BFE--it's always nicer to talk to someone at the hotel if you want personalized service.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Goleta, California
Reviewed 31 August 2009

Ignore the grumpy reviewer who didn't like the Westin. This is a fantastic hotel in a convenient location. My wife and I came to Denver/Boulder and needed to visit quite a few places, and this was the perfect location to all our destinations. 10 mins to downtown Denver, 15 mins to Boulder, and an hour or less to Rocky Mountain park. The hotel is adjacent to a nice mall, with a couple of excellent restaurants (try Carrino's for Italian).

The Westin is one of our favorite chains, and this hotel did not disappoint. The staff were incredibly attentive and helpful. I needed to combine two consecutive reservations into one, and the staff did it without even me lifting a finger. When I asked to switch to a single King from the 2 doubles Hotwire gave us, the staff were extremely helpful, and found us a king despite the hotel being quite full.

The room is typical Westin, which is to say, fantastic. The decor was excellent, the pillows and sheets are the most comfortable of the many chains I've tried, and the bathroom was terrific, with twin head massage showers.

Nothing to complain about whatsoever, and we already extended our stay by 2 days.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Albuquerque, N.M.
Reviewed 13 August 2009

A little back history. This hotel was booked through large group sales to accomodate a 10 year old girls soccer team with their families. Our original check in date was to be Aug. 13th but, we decieded to jumpstart our vacation and drive in from Albuquerque, N.M. on the 12th. I have 3 children 10, 6, 5 that are well behaved and well mannered. We checked in only to find a hotel lobby full of business class type people. Needless to stay people were starring at us as we approached the check in desk. The person setting up our room specifically told us not to use our debit card because the number of nights reserved would be suspended from your account. We were sure then to use another credit card that was not linked to our checking account.
We checked into our room only to find that the beds are not queens but fulls. If they were queens they were super small. Typically my three kids can fit in a queen comfortably. Needless to sty they slept sideways on the bed. We called for a roll-away but, those could only be used in the rooms with the king beds due to fire hazards...makes sense but it didn't help out our situation. After the kids went swimming we left to get an evening snack. When we came back we arrived to more rude people and unfriendly staff. My daughter had dropped some water bottles she was carrying I turned around to help her only to find the young rude bell hop male walking by her with no intention of helping. "How chivalrious" if such action or word exsist anymore!
We decided in the morning to find another hotel where the staff was more friendly and could sleep the 5 of us. We checked out and started making trips to our vehicle, which was ridiculosly far away from the front door. (Parking was extremely to far away from the hotel.) As we went back to retrieve the rest of our luggage we were unable to get into the room. We called the front desk to help only to be left waiting for over 20 minutes. We asked one of the cleaning ladies. She dialed the front desk for us..."THANKS". We asked for assistance from another cleaning lady who did finally let us in, another friendly staff member (not even!). So we thought we were done with this SNOOTY place and not even close. When we finally checked into our new hotel I checked to make sure the amount of the hotel was withdrawn from our account. NOPE, instead they did exactly what the staff in the beginning warned us not to do. Yep, over $500 was suspended from our account. So not only do they not have friendly staff but they are incapable of billing the credit card that we handed them.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
jingersnap3, Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, 19 August 2009
We embrace the opportunity to receive feedback to improve our guest experience. It’s truly disappointing when we fail to meet our guest expectations. We diligently strive to welcome all of our guests into a warm and comfortable sense of arrival. When we became aware of your challenges we reached out to rectify the situation and are saddened that were unable to come to an amicable conclusion. We do hope you were able to enjoy the customized gift that was delivered to your new accommodations.
Bella Vista, Arkansas
Reviewed 1 August 2009

I've stayed here about 5-6 times and I have never stayed a nicer hotel of this star level. The staff is extremely courteous and the rooms are spacous and comfortable. Some of the rooms have beautiful views of the mountains. It is a little overpriced if booked directly, but you if you check around you can sometimes get amazing deals, especially when combined with your airfare. The restaurant is very very good, but high priced, however you are close (as in across the street) from some moderate priced chain restaurants as well as a movie theater. The hotel is also just down I-36 from some great shopping.

• Stayed December 2007, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Denver Marriott Westminster
#3 of 19 in Westminster
Downtown
Warwick Denver Hotel
Warwick Denver Hotel
#39 of 157 in Denver

Been to The Westin Westminster? Share your experiences!