“Untruthful front desk staff” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Westminster

Quality Inn & Suites Westminster
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
California
“Untruthful front desk staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

I booked ahead and was told the price, including two dogs, and when I arrived, in the middle of a blizzard, I got told that it was an extra $25 for the second dog. This was completely different from my phone reservation conversation, but in a blizzard, ad with the two dogs, I didn't have too much choice, did I? The room was fine, comfortable and clean, but nobody likes being ripped off.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Jess F, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Westminster, responded to this review, 17 February 2014

Comfort Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Monument, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

After reading the reviews I took a chance on staying one night on reward points and was glad I did. Earlier reviews have the following concerns:

Staff Friendliness: One complaint was unfriendly staff to which the management responded and said they would address the issue. I was checked in by "Summer" who was very friendly and helpful. She accommodated my requests for a specific room. I called ahead of time asking if a room on the third floor west side was available and if I could reserve with Choice Privilege Points. She said I would need to reserve through Choice Privileges, but would look for my name and make certain that type of room would be available. She did and it was.

Noise: I did hear coughing from an adjoining room which did seem to be louder than in many motels where I have stayed. However, the room in which I stayed was quiet. I was told by "Summer" if I had any noise issues to let the front desk know and it would be resolved. I did not but believed that if there were issues they would have been addressed.

Breakfast: There were complaints in earlier posts about the breakfast. It was well stocked the morning I ate at this property including the standard continental fare plus hot scrambled eggs and sausage. No complaints.

Clientele: One post complained of a vagrant eating at the breakfast. If this had been reported I am certain the staff would have addressed it. I noticed the morning I ate there one person who could have been mistaken for homeless was eating, but from overhearing his conversation with another guest it was clear that he was staying at this property as a paying customer due to displacement issues. The management has some but limited discretion as to who rents a room. He was not a problem, and had he been, I am certain it would have been addressed.

My room was a very comfortable "suite." This property appears to have been a slightly higher end property built by a competitor which I have also frequented, and purchased by Choice Properties for renovation. The suites are a large room with an archway dividing the bed from the sofa and desk area. See the pictures. It was a good room from which to relax, do business in one area and sleep in another area.

Several restaurants are within walking distance including Perkins, Village Inn, Cracker Barrel, Wendy's. Starbucks is across the freeway to the east.

Room Tip: For a view of the mountains over the businesses, Third floor on south end. A little quieter and away...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Hiddenshutter
Jess F, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Westminster, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Lander, Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

This was my third stay over a number of years. Was not happy with the second (5/12), but that was resolved, and came back 10/13 because I knew it was a clean, safe motel in a location convenient to my plans this trip (tho a bit busy) because it was just off I25. And the points necessary for a stay were very reasonable. I had no complaints whatsoever this 3-day stay. Was pleased with the room... had hoped for a view of the mountains, but nothing was available and turned out the view of an open field on my side was much more quiet and relaxing! Not an early bird, so I can't attest to when they open for breakfast, but they had what I needed. Only frustration was that the one computer for guests in a small room was not monitored as to time limit of use and several times when I really needed it, I could not get on. I would definitely consider staying here again if I need to be in that specific area north of Denver.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Highlands, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed at this place for 3 days,the first night was on rewards points and the other 2 nights I paid for . When I checked in I noticed a sign that said no vacancy. After checking in and getting to my room I just put my things in the room and left ,when I come back much later I turned the heat on and It sounded like a freight train [I'm a maintenance man at a hotel and lodge]. I decided to not say anything because I knew that they could not move to another room,need less to say I didn't get much sleep that night. I talked to the manager the next morning and she said that she would have it fixed,when I arrived back later that night I noticed that it was the same unit so I turned it on to see if it was fixed,when I turned it on the fan locked down and the unit started smoking so I unplugged it,went down to front desk and girl said that she had a note to move me,It took her about 20 min to find a room for me[she said that computer was slow] when I went to new room I found out that room was occupied,so I went back to desk,she apologized and finally got me another room ,when I talked to general manager about situation the next morning he said he would talk to the manager and call me in about 30 minutes[which the call never happened],the next morning when I checked out I talked to the manager and told her about the G.M not calling me back and she said I don't know why he needed to talk to her he was the G.M and that she would call him and make sure that she would call me back about my situation but she never did as of this morning. I was not going to put this on trip Advisor because I know things happen in this industry but I don't like to be lied 2 buy the Manager and the General Manager.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Rapid City, South Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

We were in the area for business. The web site for this motel is done very well but this motel is just for shoppers. We had a 7:00 appointment and were waiting to get breakfast -- The room was not open at 6:30 -- We followed another gentlemen in the room so we could eat and still make our appointment -- We were then scolded by the staff because we went in the room -- and it was time for it to be open -- Room to room there is a lot of noise. The beds are very hard.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

We enjoyed the extra room, clean and well maintained. Convenient location adjacent to I-25 with little to no noise from the busy interstate. Village Inn and Perkins restaurants are a short walk from the hotel. It rained our entire visit (very unusual for this area) so we didn't do much walking. Limited selection of snacks but a minor negative. Full breakfast was good with a nice variety of selections. Would definitely stay here again. Good value.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Trent G, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Westminster, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We recently added the Marketplace and are still working out the kinks. We will offer a broader selection in the near future. Sorry about the rain, hopefully it will be nice and sunny on your next trip to Denver. Thanks again and we look forward to hosting you and your family again soon.

Brenda, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

I used my choice rewards to stay in this hotel for one night. It was very clean, the staff was excellent and the property was well groomed. The internet was very fast and easy to access. I would stay again when I come back to Denver.

Room Tip: This hotel is close to freeway and has a couple of good restaurant within walking distance.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Pat R
Trent G, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Westminster, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
First my staff and I would like to thank you for being a Choice Privileges Member. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better, please let us know. Thanks again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver North/Westminster
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Thornton
Cottonwood Suites Westminster
Cottonwood Suites Westminster
#17 of 19 in Westminster
Ramada Plaza Northglenn/Denver North
Super 8 Westminster Denver North
Hampton Inn Denver Northwest/Westminster

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Westminster? Share your experiences!