“Poor management”

Comfort Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Wheat Ridge
“Poor management”
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I choose this Hitel because it was near my sons house and had an indoor pool. First night the pool was closed. The second night, the pool was closed again and my room was full of smoke from a guest smoking weed. I complained to staff that it was coming into my room. His question to me was "where did I think it was coming from"???? I had a headache was nauseated and hate the smell of weed, especially since I was in a smoke free hotel. I complained the day I checked out, left a note to the manager and did not receive a call. I called back and was told that the manager said "she thinks it's fair to take $40.00 off your bill". Hmmm, they charge an extra $200.00 if they identify a guest smoking in the room and the guest who became sick... $40.00 off the bill is fair. Not even a call even after I called the second time and sent an email. They own 7 hotels, one in Walla Walla, Wa another state where smoking weed is legal so go if you smoke weed, otherwise... Go some place else.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The hotel is very nice, don't get me wrong. Nice breakfast, wonderful front desk clerks and clean.....but as I was traveling for business, I would have appreciated a Wi-Fi connection that stayed connected for more than 5-10 minutes at a time. Called the front desk who contacted the vendor, and they said it was fixed.....still have intermittent internet. I got by, but it took more time than it should have, as I had to keep reconnecting. Also, the walls seem to be very thin, as I heard general conversations in the room next door.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the park....much better than the interstate on the other side!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank OrlandoSGM
Independence, Missouri
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Very convenient location. Virginia at the front desk was definitely a plus for Comfort Inn! Everything was nice and clean but the heat was a bit difficult to regulate. Breakfast was decent with sausage, scrambled eggs and waffles as well as several cold options. Elevator was also a plus.

Room Tip: Ask for a third floor room on the south side so it is quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank soc5mom1
Boston
Reviewed 22 February 2014

The people are very nice but the walls a VERY thin. We heard the conversations from our neighbors, not just a murmur but the actual words let alone the noise from the hallway. The breakfast has a number of choices but no meat.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank sdlanza
Colorado
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Let me start by saying I have stayed at this facility before and found it to be satisfactory for my overnight needs. Nothing fancy but what I would call your run of the mill hotel room. This stay I rented two rooms. Our room was larger than most standard rooms and other than being dated was adequate. Our guests in the other room said it was ok.The breakfast was what one would expect from a chain hotel. I would have rated this hotel as average but for the fact of the errors made on my billing and the follow up by management. I rate my overall experience as poor. Two days after check out my wife discovered that our credit card had two temporary holds put on it for a total of a little over $1200.00! After a call to the hotel explaining what had happened and looking for an explanation, we were told there was not a manager on duty and we would be contacted. Later that day my wife was called by someone named Andrea who said something about a employee with a lack of training getting our room mixed up with an extended stay guest and she would see to it that the issue would be taken care of and left her contact number. Two days later one of the holds had been removed from our account but the larger of the two was still showing up. Call's to Andrea for the next two days went to voice mail and we never did hear back from her. Ultimately the other charge was released 10 days after this all started. My point is that this never should have happened in the first place and it should have been handled in a more timely and professional manor. This did not effect my financial status however this could cause a major problem for someone with a limited amount of money on one credit card only to find out they couldn't use it for 10 days because all their funds were tied up due to the incompetence of the staff at this Comfort Inn.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank LLW444
Farmington, New Mexico
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We chose this motel after canceling reservations in a very upscale motel in Golden after being misled about the "pet friendly" ad. Fate had a hand in this chance meeting is all I can say. Service was excellent, room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The lobby and grounds were clean and inviting. Very convenient location, right off Interstate 70. We had a little dog that the staff treated like royalty! They watched her while we attended the Denver football game and gave us piece of mind she would be well cared for and she definitely was. The manager and front desk staff treated us like family and I will be forever grateful. Having a dog park/walking park behind the motel was a huge bonus. Our last stay in the Denver area a few months earlier was at a very popular and very pricey hotel in downtown Denver, that hotel could never compare to the quality of service and comfort we had at your hotel. We live in New Mexico and travel to Denver 3-4 times a year, we will never consider staying anywhere but this motel.

Finally, your staff is second to none in customer service and I want to thank them all for a most enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Any room on the backside facing the walking/dog park will be the most quiet. Ground floor was best...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lori G
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

We stopped at this hotel on our way to the Aspen area. The location was good, the room was clean, and the breakfast adequate. The only negative was the heating system in the room- it did not shut off and it became overly hot. Maybe that was our fault, but a thermostat would have been easier. For the money, though, it was good choice.

Stayed January 2014
Denver Marriott West
#6 of 18 in Golden
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver West - Golden
Hilton Garden Inn Arvada Denver

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!