“Overall rating is Excellent”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wheat Ridge-Denver West
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wheat Ridge
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Overall rating is Excellent”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Excellent. Linda is excellent -- She is very helpful. We went through a very tough time (Car problem) while you were passing through Colorado. Linda and the manger were very courteous
We really enjoyed our stay at the hotel

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
DENWR, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wheat Ridge-Denver West, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Thank you for your kind words regarding Linda and our hotel. Linda has been a team member for a number of years and is an integral part of our hotel's success. I'm sorry to hear of your car troubles. Experiencing such issues, especially away from home, is very frustrating and stressful. I am pleased to hear the hotel and staff made a difficult situation a bit more tolerable. Thank you for staying with us!

Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
NJ
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel looked like brand new inside. The room looked like it had just been renovated and was very clean and modern. The bed was comfortable. I liked the fact that the bathroom had only a shower in the space where there is usually a tub, so the shower felt bigger.

The woman at the front desk was very nice when I checked in. Room was quiet and I could not hear anybody all night. The hotel is also very easy to get to on and off I-70.

Didn't use the internet or breakfast so I can't comment on that.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank pantograph
DENWR, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wheat Ridge-Denver West, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments. I am so thankful you noticed the "newness" of the hotel interior. We just completed a thorough upgrade of the interior of our hotel. Everything in each guestroom was completely replaced including carpet, paint, showers and furnishings. The public areas of the hotel were also completely upgraded. Thanks for staying with us!

Owner.
breckenridge,co
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here this past week on business. Check in was easy, late checkout was offered and appreciated. We were in room 336, on the freeway side, but were never bothered by the traffic noise. Rooms have all been renovated, bed was very comfortable and plenty of towels and pillows. Microwave and nice little frig, flat screen television and strong Wi-Fi signal in the room made for a very enjoyable stay. I used the new fitness center and equipment was easy to figure out and room was stocked with water and towels. We both enjoyed the variety of choices available for breakfast, this dining room is very nicely decorated, and everything was well stocked. I had a nice conversation with the lady running the show for morning breakfast, I believe her name was Geri, very personable! The manager on duty at the front desk told me that the windows on the freeway side are 4- paned so, that is why there is not much noise in those rooms. Met a couple of the construction workers at night and in the morning, and both asked how we enjoyed the rooms and were quite proud of their work, as they should be. All our interactions with staff here were very positive and we will definitely return again when we have business in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Divecozumel
Thank you for your extensive review of our hotel. Taking on a renovation of the magnitude recently completed is always a bit stressful and to hear of such positive comments concerning the upgrades is very rewarding. I will be sure to share your comments with Geri. As you experienced, she is very personable. A great fit with our staff. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I had to fly into Denver on an family emergency. With no reservation the front desk clerk, Gordon, treated me like royalty. My room was beautiful, comfortable and so clean. It is a great location close to everything. The breakfast was always different and always great. The staff at this hotel will go out of their way to make your stay the best stay. Will definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel. Did I mention how comfortable the bed was .....

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding Gordon. We have a number of wonderful staff members and Gordon is one of our real gems. I'm so sorry your visit was the result of a family emergency. It is comforting to know the hotel and staff provided you with little comfort during a stressful situation. I pray your emergency was resolved in a safe manner. Thank you for staying with us.

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

My family and I flew into Denver late at night and did not want to drive into the mountains at that time but did not want to stay so close to the airport either. The Holiday Inn Express at Wheat Ridge was perfect. It's about a 35-45 minute drive out of the airport. It's right off the expressway. The front desk person greeted us with a smile when we arrived so late. The room was big enough for a family of four. Comfortable queen size beds. The hot breakfast was just what we needed to start our day. It included pancakes, biscuits and gravy, sausage, scrambled eggs, toast, bagel, cereal, oatmeal, coffee, juices and more. We stayed less than 12 hours. A good night sleep and a great breakfast was what we were looking forward to and we were all satisfied.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
DENWR, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wheat Ridge-Denver West, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you very much for your comprehensive review of our hotel. As you mentioned, we are a very convenient stop over point between the mountains and the airport. Many of our guests follow a similar schedule when arriving late into Denver International. If you are not familiar with the mountain roads, I would certainly recommend spending the night in Denver. Our hotel is within an hour of many of the top ski resorts in the state. Thank you for staying with us and for visiting Colorado!

Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Always stay at IHG groups hotels and staff usually has common sense.
I'm sorry, but this is the second time it happens.
I arrived Sunday night after being in between delayed flight all since 5am.
When I finally got there Nikki at the front desk told me that my stay was not paid for. I assured her that my travel assistant had sent the credit card authorization form. I had spoken to my assistant on Friday and she assured me they had received the letter and confirmed the reservation.
Long story short: Linda at the front desk did received it but the fax machine didn't have toner at the time; Linda assured my assistant she was "going to leave a note" until they got more toner...she didn't...
The worst part is that this is the second time that happens.
The hotel is great overall.
Quiet, comfy and breakfast is great.

Room Tip: Confirm your reservations with the morning AND night staff...they always have miscommunication probl...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Samantha_Sanmiguel
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I wish we had been warned there was remodeling going on. Scaffolding in main lobby, and the construction workers watching you eat breakfast was creepy. My room was tiny and dirty. Traffic noise was terrible and I could hear my neighbor snore all night. Never staying here again.

• Stayed January 2014
DENWR, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wheat Ridge-Denver West, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Rcutler - Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our hotel. As you noted, we are in the midst of a property upgrade. Unfortunately, the day in which you stayed was the day the lobby ceilings were being painted and the wallpaper being replaced. We have taken a number of measurers to insure minimal impact on our operations, but on the day in question, we had no choice but to be working in the lobby. I would like to gain some further information from you regarding the remaining items you experienced during your stay. Will you please contact the hotel and ask for me or Vince, our General Manager. I look forward to hearing from you and trust we can gain your business on a future visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheat Ridge
Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center
Table Mountain Inn
Table Mountain Inn
#1 of 18 in Golden

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wheat Ridge-Denver West? Share your experiences!