“Good value, convenient location”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wheat Ridge-Denver West
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wheat Ridge
Coal Valley, Illinois
“Good value, convenient location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Conveniently located just off I-70, this hotel was the ideal choice while visiting family in Arvada. The front-desk staff is first-rate: well groomed, courteous, professional. We were greeted as Gold Elite Rewards Club members, and we received our Welcome Bonus Points immediately after check-in. Although a bit small by HIE standards, our room was nicely decorated, immaculately clean, and amazingly quiet for being next to the freeway. The bathroom was well stocked with quality towels, and the queen beds were comfortable; however, the unbreathable mattress pads affected our sleep quality (sweating). The free Internet connection was fast and reliable, though, and we appreciated the convenience of a refrigerator and microwave in the room. Breakfast included plenty of hot and cold choices, served in the pleasant dining area. Highly recommended for a visit to the Denver area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
DENWR, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wheat Ridge-Denver West, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Patricia M - Thank you for providing a comprehensive review of our hotel and staff. We certainly make every effort to provide friendly, efficient service coupled with clean accommodations. It is always rewarding to hear when we have succeeded. As an IHG Rewards Gold Elite member you certainly spend a great deal of time in our hotels. Thank you for your dedication to our brands!

Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Only stayed 1 night but it was the right hotel and right location for us. Flew into Denver on a Sun night and stayed here before heading out to Aspen, CO. Due to severe thunderstorms in Denver, our arrival flight was delayed so we got in much later than expected. (11 pm). Hotel was an easy drive from airport and easy to find. Staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel has been newly remodeled and clean. Breakfast choices were more varied and higher quality than some of their competitors in this hotel class/category. Breakfast room was very crowded (line out the door) and food was vanishing in minutes, but the hardworking staff was doing a great job of trying to accommodate everyone quickly.

Had not stayed at a Holiday Inn in years. I had researched this property and made reservations in advance. We look for non-smoking, updated properties. I liked that it was remodeled but concerned about noise since it was close to the freeway. However, I was assured that they have thick glass and good construction. We didn't hear a thing and I'm a light sleeper. Another tip: There were 2 separate air conditioners in the suite, and I was able to run the fan all night (without cutting on and off) which also helped give the room "white noise".

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
DENWR, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wheat Ridge-Denver West, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Texpricess44 - Thank you for the wonderful comments concerning our hotel. I appreciate you mentioning we are a "Great choice." I trust you eventually made it to Aspen safely and enjoyed your stay in the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Thank you for selecting our hotel!

Lake Zurich, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Arrived earlier than normal and was immediatly accomodated with an early check in by Linda who also provided info to a local golf course Fox Hollow in Lakewood that was very visitor friendly and cost effective-back to Linda and all the staff I dealt with-great attitudes-really cared about their guests-rooms very clean-good healthy breakfast choices

Highly recommend

Thanks to all for making me feel at home!

Chicago Bob

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Bob K. - Thank you for your kind comments regarding the service you received from Linda and our other team members. I am happy to hear they were able to accommodate your early arrival, leaving you some time to get outside and enjoy a round of golf. I also appreciate hearing of your experience at Fox Hollow. As a staff, we always try to recommend businesses that provide visitor friendly experiences. Thank you for staying with us!

Kirksville, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

My family enjoyed a four night stay at this Holiday Inn Express and Suites. Our suite was quiet and in excellent condition, the staff were attentive and pleasant, the breakfast room was the nicest dedicated breakfast room we've seen, the location was handy, and the price was right. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I have no tips about this.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
DENWR, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wheat Ridge-Denver West, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Kiernan820 - Thank you so much for the kind comments concerning our hotel and staff. I appreciate you sharing your experience and recommending us to others. Thank you for choosing our hotel.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel June 7th-9th, 2014 and my only complaint is that the fitted sheet on the bed made me sweat, each night. The rooms were quiet, comfortable, cool, nicely decorated, etc...
Breakfast had the usual choices and the hot food was exactly that. The front desk folks were nice and check-in was a breeze.... If you are ever traveling through Wheat Ridge and want a hotel that is right off I-70, give this place a try and I don't think you will regret a thing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the west wing of the hotel away from both the elevator/ice machine on the 3rd floo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
DENWR, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wheat Ridge-Denver West, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for providing a thorough review of your recent stay with us. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated! Thank you for staying with us.

Cheyenne, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Last night I found myself stranded 200 miles away from home with a bad tire on my car. I ended up in a pretty sketchy neighborhood and all safe hotels were booked due to concerts and a car show nearby. I tried a few of the lower end hotels and seriously was scared walking in the door at the filth and safety issues. I am a 50 year old female, very self sufficient, but wise enough to know I was not safe in any of the three I tried.

It was getting late so I tried this hotel one more time. At the front desk I was greeted by Alisha. A bubbly, hospitable, professional, and kind individual who helped me beyond measure. She heard my plight and even offered to help me get my car in a shop.

This Holiday Inn made me feel as safe and comfortable as possible and I slept well. It is exceptionally clean, safe, and friendly. Breakfast was good too. I have always had good experiences with Holiday Inns, but this one went beyond measure.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
DENWR, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wheat Ridge-Denver West, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your experience. I'm sorry to hear of your tire problems. Travelling can be stressful enough without the added frustration of car troubles. I am pleased to hear our staff and in particular, Alisha, was able to assist you. Alisha is a newer member of our team and it is very encouraging to hear she provided just the service you needed during a difficult time. I will be certain to share your comments with her and I appreciate you recognizing her. I trust you returned home safely. Thank you for staying with us.

Decatur, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

It is was very refreshing to stay at a property where customer service is the main focus. on my recent family vacation I ended up staying 7 days and nights at this property---an extra 2 because of an illness with my 4 year old. The front desk staff--Lisa I believe ( morning shift) was very helpful in extending my stay and the kitchen staff treated my wife and Children so good that my kids--3 and 4 had to say good by to everyone before they left. This does not happen at all properties, but next time I am in the Denver area I will stay at this property again.

Jeffrey Oost

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeffrey O
DENWR, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wheat Ridge-Denver West, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Jeffrey O - Thank you for completing a review of our hotel. As a staff we have a great deal of discussion about what differentiates hotels from one another and we always come back to customer service and our desire to offer genuine hospitality to every guest. I always appreciate hearing of instances in which we have succeeded. Thank you for recognizing the staff and selecting our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheat Ridge
Hyatt House Denver/Lakewood at Belmar
Table Mountain Inn
Table Mountain Inn
#1 of 18 in Golden

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wheat Ridge-Denver West? Share your experiences!